Gabe

MOC: Queen Victoria market facade

Hey LT stop poking me with your thumb! :grin:

I also would agree this is awesome, the fact that it actually has windows is also pretty cool.

I love the brick wall, the only thing I don't like much anymore is the lamp post it seems kind of boring......ish.

Anyways a great update! :classic:

Both of those are fantastic, and I love the details that you've added in the second version. It might please you to know that I've only been to Melbourne twice, and I recognised it straight away.

If anyone was up for the challenge of building Flinders Street Station, I'd definitely watch that topic in awe. It's my favourite building in the world.

Thanks! My partner is always on at me to tackle Flinder's St station - yr right, it would be a heck of a challenge. I've seen some nice microscale versions done, and one lovely minifig scale building that was based on Flinders St, but what bugs me is that the colour ppl tend to chose for it is bright yellow - it just doesn't seem right. I've been thinking that nougat might be closer, but i'll need more bricks if i'm going to go that way. :sceptic: (A good excuse to buy another Battle of Alamut maybe?? :wink: )

Excellent stuff!! Love all the little architectural details and the interior looks great too. Nice work!!

Thankyou!

AWESOME finally with an interior - a huge :thumbup: for this again 'gabe' and Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks LT. Part of me is already planning a full-width rebuild with a more realistic interior, while the rest of me is screaming "enough is enough! Move onto something new!" :laugh:

Hey LT stop poking me with your thumb! :grin:

I also would agree this is awesome, the fact that it actually has windows is also pretty cool.

I love the brick wall, the only thing I don't like much anymore is the lamp post it seems kind of boring......ish.

Anyways a great update! :classic:

Thankyou! Perhaps the lamppost is a little prosaic, but it does tie the foreground and the middle ground of the dio together nicely, and adds to the realism of the scene. I really notice the difference when it's not there. It does tend to get in the way of some of my shots at certain angles though!

Looks like your delightful MOC made it into a short piece about the exhibition at ABC News, at around 00:26.

I hope to see this exhibition sometime over the long weekend :classic:

Now that's a notch on his belt now eh ? :wink:

Making it on the news on the ABC - congrats 'gabe' and Brick On ! :grin:

a) I saw your work at "Art of the Brick" at Fed Square, very impressive.

b) It's amazing how people look at the QVM as an icon......unless they've worked there. It's a shame that this MOC only makes me shudder at the thought of working two of the most miserable years of my life there. When you're at Uni money is hard to come by, boy did I have to suck it up for a while there. :sick:

FYI: NEVER EVER BUY A FOOTBALL/SOCCER SHIRT THERE THAT SOMEBODY TELLS YOU IS "AUTHENTIC". They would be lying through their teeth and taking your ripped off money laughing to all the way to the bank. :angry:

Hi Gabe,

I'm the guy who built the D1 class tram, which is also on display at Art Of The Brick. I saw the your model there but I didn't realise that it had changed from when I saw it at MUGS! I reckon it looks better with the clear windows.

FYI: NEVER EVER BUY A FOOTBALL/SOCCER SHIRT THERE THAT SOMEBODY TELLS YOU IS "AUTHENTIC". They would be lying through their teeth and taking your ripped off money laughing to all the way to the bank. :angry:

I always steer clear of that part of the market, for me the QVM is all about the fresh produce and the hot jam donut van! (Now that would be a good addition Gabe!)

Hi Gabe,

I'm the guy who built the D1 class tram, which is also on display at Art Of The Brick. I saw the your model there but I didn't realise that it had changed from when I saw it at MUGS! I reckon it looks better with the clear windows.

I always steer clear of that part of the market, for me the QVM is all about the fresh produce and the hot jam donut van! (Now that would be a good addition Gabe!)

Spanish Churros Van is equally as awesome as the jam donut van. :grin:

There's also a little cafe in there called Romeo's, if you're quick enough to get one of Nonna's Lasagne's before she sells out around midday you're in for a treat. Better than any lasagne you'll get anywhere in Melbourne, and that's saying something with our Italian population. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Brickaroo

Let's focus on the LEGO discussion guys so we don't get off topic. :wink:

I know this is quite an old post but I just had to say how great this is. Every time I have visited australia I would always end up at the markets. Anyway back on topic, like I said it is great and you really should be proud.

I don't know how this managed to slip by without me posting until now! Truly excellent build, and extremely faithful to the original. I am always impressed when I see these kind of models based on something in real life - I think I would get frustrated and start improvising if a certain detail wasn't coming out like I wanted. :laugh: