shadowmadman

MOD: 8404 & 4558 Metroliner Monorail

Hello,

I follow the forum since November 2009 since i re-start my Lego collection.

I buy many lego all the time.

The subject of the topic is the modification of 8404 tramway and 4558 metroliner to became usefull with monorail.

Videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/shadowmadman1

And photos :

1001992yy.th.jpg

1001985a.th.jpg

1001991p.th.jpg

Coments welcom.

Sorry for my poor english!

Edited by shadowmadman

Good job there on modding those sets, although I must admit that due to its form and especially height, I feel that the 8404 tram does look best as a tram and doesn't really fit my idea of a monorail train... 4558 makes a great monorail train though - just like 4560 or even 4559 would! It's always fun to mix things up a bit - that reminds me of CopMike's Monorail Emerald Night:

Pity you can't run all three trains simultaneously - that would have been a fun sight :)

@MetroiD : Yes i can run all three trains simltaneously but i don't see the result...

@Fuzzylegobricks : I agree with you, you can see in the video that i raise up the platform !

The object of this modification was that i can run the tram on monorail track.

I've already see modification with 9v on train track and i would to do an other thing !

Thanks.

Hello,

The subject of the topic is the modification of 8404 tramway and 4558 metroliner to became usefull with monorail.

Videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/shadowmadman1

And photos :

1001992yy.th.jpg

1001985a.th.jpg

1001991p.th.jpg

Coments welcom.

Always nice to see a monorail in action.

Can I ask in your video at the 28 second point, there is a section of track showing, (The normal railway lines not the monorail.) which is a crossover but it is at a shallow angle that I have not seen before. Do you have any part number or reference for this part or indeed any close up photos of it please?

Always nice to see a monorail in action.

Can I ask in your video at the 28 second point, there is a section of track showing, (The normal railway lines not the monorail.) which is a crossover but it is at a shallow angle that I have not seen before. Do you have any part number or reference for this part or indeed any close up photos of it please?

Did you talk about this?

:sweet:

I think what you see there is normal train track crossing at different levels.

On the floor it's 9V track, in height it's RC track.

Oh I see. I did not realise that they were at different heights. I thought you had a new cross over rail there and wondered where it had come from. Thanks anyway.

Oh I see. I did not realise that they were at different heights. I thought you had a new cross over rail there and wondered where it had come from. Thanks anyway.

No problem, i will try to do some new monorail MOC soon ;)

Does the 8404 contain and rare lego parts? I'm tossing up between buying this tram and turn it into a monorail, purchase the parts from bricklink and build it it :/

On 3/6/2011 at 7:10 AM, shadowmadman said:

Hello,

Videos :

Hi shadowmadman, great mod of this tram into a monorail.  did you ever release any instructions on how its done please?

thanks.

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote videos

On 7/22/2021 at 10:29 AM, crizz11 said:

Hi shadowmadman, great mod of this tram into a monorail.  did you ever release any instructions on how its done please?

thanks.

9 years later im sure its still viable :thumbsdown:

1 minute ago, supertruper1988 said:

9 years later im sure its still viable :thumbsdown:

:pir-huzzah2:

On 7/22/2021 at 4:29 PM, crizz11 said:

thanks.

I don t have instructions.

16 hours ago, shadowmadman said:

:pir-huzzah2:

I don t have instructions.

ok mate, thanks for the reply