CptMugwash

MOC: 2 New Steampunk Walkers and some figs.

Ok, I've decided on turning this topic into my own little steampunk collection, I'll keep adding to it when I make more models, enjoy :classic:

First up are my minifigs, in my steam world there are different factions,

Lord Edgar Sinclair and his Freedom Fighters.

Leader of the freedom fighters, inventor and genuis who invented the first steam generator, but had his invention stolen by High Admiral Victor Ogel and his gang. Lord Sicnlair lost his left eye in ensueing battle, as Ogel lost right eye. He has currentley been fighting High Admrial Ogel by using the Freedom Fighters.

The others from left to right are Evan Eagerson excellent explorer, Mac Macannon the marvelous mechanic, Lucille Sinclair daughter of Lord Sinclair, Julia Airheart greatest female pilot, Dr. Killroy don't let the name fool you he is a top knotch physician. Smith Wesson one heck of a gun smith, Chris Cunningham creative craftsman, James Dodger once pirate now turned good or has he...

1299153155m_SPLASH.jpg

Grandfather Clock

Always wearing his lucky goggles and raggy clothes he is the most wise of all of Steam World, however in his old age he can be quite forgetful.

5499779463_8d75ee0715_m.jpg

Jack Ace

Brother of Cpt Steamclean and 2nd greatest pilot in Steam World.

5499907107_102b0fc874_m.jpg

Cpt Steamclean (Hero)

The greatest pilot in Steam World, can fly, drive and ride anything in any situation. He shows up just at the right time always in some kind of vehicle.

5499906963_38997fd9ab_m.jpg

High Admiral Victor Ogel and the TA (Totalitarian Army)

Leader of the Totalitarian Goverment, evil, ruthless, and cruel. He stole the first steam generator, losing his right eye in the process. He made milions selling those generators in cars, trains, planes, ships, among other things. After being elected President, he took over the rest of the world and subdued almost all opposition to his regime with his very effective Totalitarian Army.

1299153120m_SPLASH.jpg

Sam Sinister and his Bandits.

Once the rival of Johnny Thunder, the former lord was stripped of his title and reduced to nothing. He built himself back up by becoming a bandit. He rose through the ranks to become the leader of the bandits. He sides Victor Ogel, and where his army can't go Sinister's badits usually can.

Left to right, Kraze Kannonball, Luke Estar, Mad Marvin, Blaze the mechanic.

1299153138m_SPLASH.jpg

Captain Brickbeard and his Pirates

Brought back from the 1700's by an accident with time travel, this pirate only helps the higgest bidder. After the Bounty was destroyed during the time travel Brickbeard had to help both Ogel and Sinclair to build a bigger and better ship that can fly with the power of steam, and he is willing to help again but only for who has the deeper pockets.

1299153146m_SPLASH.jpg

The Unknown Assasins

Some people are not pirates or bandits, but mereley poeple who are on their own. These are not citizens, for they have killed more than one person. There is no leader for these outcasts of society, it's just every man for himself. These kind of people have been hired by all sides to kill soemeone. Or, if payment is really low, they turn in their employer for a reward. Ethier way, they get payed.

1299153128m_SPLASH.jpg

That's the minifigs, and a huge thank you to Murdoch17 for help with naming them. Cheers :thumbup:

(You do reallise I will have to make the time machine and Brickbeard's Airship :tongue: )

Moving on.

The Mini Walker

1299150199m_SPLASH.jpg

A simple little walker which is in need of a hose and some cogs :look:

It's great if you're on a low budget as it is cheap and economical to run :laugh:

And the piece de resistance,

The Quad Walker

1299147587m_SPLASH.jpg

My latest and greatest walker so far, I wanted to do one with a cannon on but this is a bit too small.

...and...

Here's a sneak WIP preview of Brickbeard's Airship.

5500376758_890359f593_m.jpg

Update

A quick update on the progress of Captain Brickbeard's Airship.

I've been finding this a struggle to do as I've never built a ship before, I should have gotten Brickbeard's Bounty and I could have based my design off that but whatcha gonna do? :sceptic:

Progress.jpg

More photos on my Flickr and MOCpages.

Update (19/03/2011)

A new vehcile to add to the collection.

1300486168m_SPLASH.jpg

C&C Welcome :wink:

Edited by CptMugwash

I like your mini figs! It has great potential, but as you said, they need names:

These names ( and backgrounds) are for the Leaders (the center figure) of each group. These are from top to bottom. Here are my ideas (which you don't have to use if you don't want to):

Lord Edgar Sinclair

Leader of the freedom fighters, inventor and genuis who invented the first Steampunk generator, but had his invention stolen by High Admiral Victor Ogel and his gang. Lord Sicnlair lost his left eye in ensueing battle, as Ogel lost right eye. He has currentley been fighting High Admrial Ogel by using the Freedom Fighters.

High Admiral Victor Ogel

Leader of the Totilarian Goverment, evil, ruthless, and cruel. He stole the first Steampunk generator, losing his right eye in the process. He made milions selling those generators in cars, trains, planes, ships, among other things. After being elected President, he took over the rest of the world and subdued almost all opposition to his regime with his very effective Totalarian Army.

Sam Sinister

Once the rival of Johnny Thunder, the former lord was striped of his title and reduced to nothing. He built himself back up by becoming a bandit. He rose thorugh the ranks to become the leader of the bandits. He sides Victor Ogel, and where his army can't go Sinister's badits usually can.

Captain Brickbeard

Brought back from the 1700's by an accident with time travel, this pirate only helps the higgest bidder. His entire ship can now fly with the help of steam powered engines and rotors. He has helped both Ogel and Sinclair in the past, and is willing to do so again, but only for who has the deeper pockets. :jollyroger:

The Assasins

Some people are not pirates or Bandits, but mereley poeple who are on their own. These are not citizens, for they have killed more than one person. There is no leader for these outcasts of society, it's just every man for himself. These kind of people have been hired by all sides to kill soemeone. Or, if payment is really low, they turn in their employer for a reward. Ethier way, they get payed.

Hope you like my suggestions!

Oh wow those are brilliant, thank you so much :grin:

I'll be adding more as I go along so I'll be needing more names later :look: but that's until I make and upload them :classic:

Thanks for the help really appreciate it cheers :thumbup:

I don't usually comment on MOCs but these are simply brilliant. I love the designs on the walkers and that brown assassin minifig is really cool. Great work on this, I'm jealous of your skill. :thumbup:

I don't usually comment on MOCs but these are simply brilliant. I love the designs on the walkers and that brown assassin minifig is really cool. Great work on this, I'm jealous of your skill. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments :grin: I like to try and balance the colours by using a main one (brown) and a 'highlight' (black) plus details without making look 'busy' but still detailed-ish. If you know what I mean...because I don't :wacko: lol :laugh:

:wub:

Keep those ideas coming, Mugwash! Awesome!

Hi Miss Kyle, thanks for the comment and I'll definately be churning out more :wink:

Your steampowered universe gets ever more interesting. I love your minifigs and their background stories, kudos to murdoch17 for that.

The four legged walker is great and I'm really looking forward to see Cpt. Brickbeards flying steamboat.

PM

Excellent steampunk creations CaprtMugWash! The purist custom minifigs are all well done, but the two walkers are even better. Quite effective use of those pearl gold pieces for both the mini and quad walkers. :thumbup:

Your steampowered universe gets ever more interesting. I love your minifigs and their background stories, kudos to murdoch17 for that.

The four legged walker is great and I'm really looking forward to see Cpt. Brickbeards flying steamboat.

PM

Hi PM, thanks for the comments :grin: I think I have enough pieces to start doing BB's airship, I may do 2 versions, one with rotors like a helicopter and the other with a big balloon :wink:

Excellent steampunk creations CptMugWash! The purist custom minifigs are all well done, but the two walkers are even better. Quite effective use of those pearl gold pieces for both the mini and quad walkers. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments, I always like to include some pearl gold pieces to highlight the brass parts :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments guys, cheers. :sweet:

You do reallise I will have to make the time machine and Brickbeard's Airship )

look forward to those if they are as good as these. Brickbeards airship makes me think of the ship that

Robert De Niro was captain of, in the movie Stardust

look forward to those if they are as good as these. Brickbeards airship makes me think of the ship that

Robert De Niro was captain of, in the movie Stardust

I'll definately be maintaining these standards, or try my best anyways, I saw that airship and IMO all airships look the same to me so I'll try and do something different with BB's :wink:

I must say, excellent group of minifigures. The walkers are quite nice and you have definitely established yourself as the steamunk pro around these parts. i also like how you adhered to archetypes but at the same time added your own spin as well as classic LEGO names. :thumbup:

The technique with the axe blade on the musket is something I discovered as well, and it works wonderfully! :grin:

Thanks but I don't think I'm a pro :blush:

...yet... :wink:

Here's a few more pics.

Grandfather Clock

Always wearing his lucky goggles and raggy clothes he is the most wise of all of Steam World, however in his old age he can be quite forgetful.

5499779463_8d75ee0715_m.jpg

A very early WIP shot of Brickbeards's Airship.

5500376758_890359f593_m.jpg

Nice the desert ninja is well done. Look forward to more MOCs.

Hi, thanks, there will be more that's for sure :laugh:

I like the minifigures background storys. Also its great how you have the pirates.

Yeah, I thought that the pirates just seemed to fit in quite well with the steampunk theme, they'll have there ship just steampunkified :grin:

Here's an update on things, more work on Captain Birckbeard's Airship.

We have lift off, propellers are almost done, I wanted 6 but they're too long, but with 4 they seem too small, I've thought about a chinook style with two large propellers, 1 at front and 1 at back, this sounds the better option but we'll see what happens, I also wanted 2 propellers at the back but could only fit 1 in. I tried adding a small jail but the jail was too big so I turned it into a cargo hold. I've begun work on the top deck, I'm not happy with the front so that will get changed, there's a hatch leading down, I had a photo of it but it's not a good one and the deck is removable to give it some playability which my models lack, also the cannons are there to see how they look, but they wont look like that once it's finished.

I've never built a ship before so I'm finding this difficult and my patients is wearing thin, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Progress.jpg

That ship looks awesome! I realy like how you took 1 sentence and ran with it. It looks much better that anything I could come up with... Oh, and by the way, anything I suggested doesn't have to be built, Just so you know...

Anyway, have fun building and if you need anymore storyline / background help, I would be more than happy to give you that assistance. I check the Sci - Fi Forum daily so just say so and I should respond.

Hi Murdoch17, thank you so much, I want to build them they're good ideas. I've kind of ripped the ship apart now, I wasn't happy with the propellers so I'm probably going to try either the balloon or chinook style airship.

I love the custom figs! Can't wait to see the finished airship! You should make a brickfilm for steampunk!

I love the custom figs! Can't wait to see the finished airship! You should make a brickfilm for steampunk!

Thanks Scorpiox, I tried to do stop motion once and it didn't quite work out :tongue:

Update yay!

Here's another moc to add to the collection.

A small civilian vehicle for getting around town. Enjoy.

1300486168m_SPLASH.jpg

1300486116m_SPLASH.jpg

1300486130m_SPLASH.jpg

More pics on my Flickr and MOCpages.