Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Wow! :pir-oh: Now I'm starting to get really excited! The sets look a lot better now, than on the first preliminary pics. Some of the pieces still don't seem finalised yet, for example Blackbeard's beard (those fuses just look odd... :pirate_sad2: )

@Peanuts: no, I don't think it is a new compass piece. It seems to just be a flat 1x1 tile with printing. But that's still good, though.

EDIT: No! It appears the images have been taken down! :pir_bawling: I hope someone saved those pictures, because I didn't. :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Gregorovich

Noooo, I don't see any pics! "Aucune image disponible". Were they taken down that quick? Has anyone got backups saved? If so, please feel free to PM me. :pir-wink:

@Peanuts: no, I don't think it is a new compass piece. It seems to just be a flat 1x1 tile with printing. But that's still good, though.

EDIT: No! It appears the images have been taken down! :pir_bawling: I hope someone saved those pictures, because I didn't. :pir-cry_sad:

You seem to be right. But still a good thing. And it seems to be in the foutain and the cabin as well.

I just realized Skeleton Barbossa had Ninjago skellie feet. :pir-hmpf_bad: But the apple is a great detail.

And there will be new sword-holders (sorry, i have no idea how they're called, neither in German nor in English)in the style of the indy bag :pir-sweet:

Can't wait to get some.

And I don't think the globe is a new piece, it's just a fully printed Bionicle shooting ball thing. But I don't exspect anything more.

And yes, I saved all but the Whitecap and the QAR. Or is it illegal to claim so? :pir-look:

Edited by Peanuts

i've got all the pictures. But i'm not sure if i can post them here. I wait a moderator allow me to post.

sorry for my bad english, it's not my natural language

i've got all the pictures. But i'm not sure if i can post them here. I wait a moderator allow me to post.

sorry for my bad english, it's not my natural language

You can't post them; but maybe a link? :pir-cry_happy:

Someone pleaaaaase PM me the pictures, I didn't see them :(

I'm dieing to see them!!!

Same.. I just missed them because of timezone differences. They were removed before I even knew they existed!!

Edited by tin7_creations

HOT DOG!!!

I might get Captain's Cabin, since it's cheap. Anyone else notice the new coins and the sword holster (?)?

Wow, these sets already seem awsome, I am only into lego star wars, but Ill get som potc for sure. But almost every set seems to be foces on minifigs and accesories

Wow, these sets already seem awsome, I am only into lego star wars, but Ill get som potc for sure. But almost every set seems to be foces on minifigs and accesories

I think it's these minifigs and accessories that will do a lovely job in a lot of MOCs in the future!

Since you seem to be collecting, maybe you can get into that too with the PotC theme?

Thanks 'gwenju' for the links....totally AWESOME and each set I have just read in SW forum - a different Jack Sparrow in each set ! (Must buy each set.....must obey my Lego trance ! :pir_laugh2: )

Brick On....the high seas everyone ! :pir-wink:

well... TECHNICALLY, we were given a sneak preview of Elizabeth Swann WAY back in September 2010.

Don't think anyone noticed.

True. I actually never noticed that it was a new piece until now :pir_laugh2:

I am seeing golden bars!!!!! :pir-wub: :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

There are also new coins!

New mermaid body! one in sand green one in sand blue, a tan 3-point hat, a ton of musketeer hats, and a new sword holster! :pir-wub:

This theme just made my list of "top things to obtain in 2011" :pir-grin:

Yes, now we are talking. It's amazing how much better things look with (near-) final minifigs. Don't forget to look at the other non-box images on some of the links. My impressions...

Isla De La Muerta - Oh nice a lot of gold stuff. Hmm, are those coins colored with the non-shiny gold color to match the goblet? There's a gold bar with printing; two of them! I'm loving that Barbossa skeleton with boots and a pegleg. This image must not be final because in the main part he has a pegleg, but in the corner, he doesn't. Hmm. Elizabeth Swan has very nice printing. Jack has a compass in his hand (printed/sticker 1x1 tile).

Cannibal Escape - Ahaha Jack has that awesome 6-eye face printing, just like in the movie. The throne has some nice skull heads and a big printed piece. The islanders look cool. Looks like the islanders aren't exactly the same; at least their faces are different, maybe even their bodies. The skull cage is now a mix of white and light tan, and that makes it look better. The Orlando Bloom minifigure isn't really exciting me here.

The Mill - Ohh the undead crewman is really cool. That conch shell helmet is awesome. What is that inside the chest? I don't remember the first movie so well. Looks like they have stickers on the windows, just like in the Kingdoms castle. Also a new sticker for a 1x2x4 wall piece. Is that a gold bell in the top floor of the tower? Maybe it will swing on a rope. It's too bad there is no donkey and mechanism here like there was in the movie. A Pirate blacksmith shop could have been awesome; looks like they toned it down here probably to save on costs. The wheel looks like fun for the kids and an interesting build.

The Captain's Cabin - That globe is tasty. That has to be printed; there's no way anyone can put on a sticker like that. There's a round looking map tile piece on the table that looks cool too; must be from the movie. At least this set has 3 minifigures in it; probably the cheapest way to get a Jack Sparrow and the closest we will have to an impulse set. The pirate minifigures look cool; regular sword molds. Does Jack have a special sword mold? His is a different color too; looks like dark pearl. Jack has that compass tile piece again. Why is it on a blue tile (prelim)? It should be tan to match the sticker.

Aqua de Vida - The figs are making this one. Blackbeard looks AWESOME. That beard and hat. That sword is ridiculous; must be preliminary. The peg leg pirate is cool. That round map tile again. Nice trans-blue pieces here and pillars like in Atlantis. This could be another $7 impulse small set like TLG seems to be leaning towards this year.

Whitecap Bay - Batteries included? Is that more than a light brick perhaps? Maybe an LED of some sort? Do the mermaids have bendable tails here? The mermaid from Brickbeard's Bounty and that fantasy minifig collection are one solid piece I think. Heavy use of the background box art here to make the scene look busy. I have a feeling this set will be a bit overpriced. At least there are 6 minifigures.

Queen Anne's Revenge - Epic. I love the sails and how they look worn. Looks like 3 cannons but 5 cannon ports on each side; that's rather cheap of TLG! The stern looks pretty intense and could be a very fun build. The mizzen mast looks cool. I wonder if the stern windows are a big piece or made of smaller window elements. The skull heads around the stern are really cool. Interesting use of cloth pieces on the sides. This set is a must-have.

All-in-all I'm excited about these. They've even added some bricks since the prelim images. I'm a little sad that some of them are so small. I'm afraid they may end up being a bit overpriced. I think that the QAR is almost as big as the Imperial Flagship (although fewer bricks), so I see that set probably costing around the same or a little more.

I do notice that as for minifigs, Jack Sparrow comes in every single set, Blackbeard is in two sets (one small, one huge), and Elizabeth Swan is in only one set! So I think Swan will be the most valuable figure and so will Blackbeard. Also the conch shell crewman is pretty unique and only in the windmill set. I think future waves might have more of Swan, but she'll almost certainly have different clothes (printing).

Here's looking forward to May!

Oh man oh man oh man. :pir-blush: These sets look amazing!

To be honest, at the first prelims, I wasn't too excited with these sets, but now, they look great! Except for Blacbeard's funny sword. :pirate_sad2: And his hair, hoping that's not attached to the hat, because it looks like it could be useful otherwise. :pir-classic: The QAR looks fantastic! :pir-cry_happy:

Can't wait for April/May when these sets hit the shelves! :pir-sweet:

Awesome Fotos!

The World Globe looks even beter then expected. Tan antennas are coming back wich is awesome!

the figs. WOW! these are amazing awesome new hats, and faces beards, this is just awesome. I am not a fan of pirates but I deffently will get all these sets. the parts are just amazing!

Thanks for those pictures! I especially like the Barbossa minifig, his bicorne seems very interesting.

The globe is also nice, and it´s great that they actually gave blackbeard smouldering ´slubbings´?(not sure if that's correct, but it sounds nice. "smouldering slubbings' :pir-grin:

I also spot a new female hairpiece, and I wonder what those mermaid flippers really look like.