CptMugwash

MOC Steampunk Walker

Hi there, back again with another MOC, this time it definately is Steampunk, look, steam!

*snip*

In that case it might do better over in SF, as I am moving it there with this post :thumbup:

Cool bananas! I really like that. Lovely attention to detail with all sorts of neat dials and valves and other steampunk essentials on display.

IMHO Victorian Sci-Fi and Steampunk is much more fun that all that futuristic stuff. :thumbup:

Hello!

An interesting walker design that perfectly fits into the steampunk theme. I especially like the unit with the carriage wheel merged with the THECHNIC® gear. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Excellent Steam-Punk creation 'CptMugwash', now that's what can call an old school walker ! :grin:

Keep up the cool work and Brick On ! :grin:

*snip*

IMHO Victorian Sci-Fi and Steampunk is much more fun that all that futuristic stuff. :thumbup:

Definately :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for the comments :classic:

Great walker design, CptMugwash. All the details, like the steamtank, gearwheels, levers, indicators etc. make it look very mechanical. One can imagine the gearwheels spinning back and forth at ever step it takes, clattering through the streets of 19th century London. The use of brown and gold also add a nice wood-and-brass touch to the machine.

Nice work, :thumbup:

PM

Wow. I really love Steampunk, and you did a great job here! I was wondering what to do with my Lego Technic childhood stash, this is an awesome inspiration! Again: Wow!

Wow, thanks for the great comments guys :sweet:

Very well done, and the colour scheme is spot on. I think a big MOC with many of these walkers scouring the apocalyptic wreckage would look great. :laugh:

:thumbup:

I've got an idea in my head called 'Steamwars' I was thinking of doing all kinds of models, walkers, tanks, airships, etc. and collaborating them all into one huge MOC.

Thanks.

I've got an idea in my head called 'Steamwars' I was thinking of doing all kinds of models, walkers, tanks, airships, etc. and collaborating them all into one huge MOC.

Thanks.

Wah, what are you waiting for? :D

Need the bits and pieces, lotsa BL and PAB orders. I need to refine my designs aswell :wink:

Sounds reasonable :wink:

Can't wait for your results!

I'll have to stock up on bricks when I get home from the UK in March, too.

Sounds reasonable :wink:

Can't wait for your results!

I'll have to stock up on bricks when I get home from the UK in March, too.

Yup, just finished ordering some parts.

I don't want my designs to be too unique, just clever parts usage, one idea is a derigible using a ships hull with rigging attached to a brickbuilt balloon using tan plates. It will have cannons, etc, some propellars on the back a big boiler in the middle and lots and lots of other things :laugh:

Yup, just finished ordering some parts.

I don't want my designs to be too unique, just clever parts usage, one idea is a derigible using a ships hull with rigging attached to a brickbuilt balloon using tan plates. It will have cannons, etc, some propellars on the back a big boiler in the middle and lots and lots of other things :laugh:

:cry_happy:

I'd like to make a steampunk universe but don't think I have enough money, but I'll give it a good try.

Anyways in the universe there are 3 factions, pirates, freedom fighters and the oppressors.

Pirates: Agressive towards everyone, even other pirates, they loot what they can and keep for themselves.

Freedom Fighters: The good guys, fighting against both pirates and the oppressors. They look out for each other and work together.

The Oppressors: A totalitarian government wanting to control everyone and everything, they fight against Pirates and Freedom Fighters and usually have the best stuff :wink:

The Vehicle Classes and Types:

Walker: biped(2 legged)/quatroped (4 legged)/octoped (8 legged)

Tank: halftrack/full track/quad track

Flyer: airplane/chopper/airship

Any suggestions to this would be great.

You already named 8-legged walkers and dirigibles, so it can hardly get any cooler :)

Submarines and divers maybe? This would add a nice Jules Verne-ish flair.

Edited by Miss Kyle

Yeah I thought about submarines and boats, someone mentioned one of those old divers for what minifigs are we missing? topic. that would rock.

I'm stuck, I'm looking for a part, it's the brown linky thingy and I can't find it on bricklink does anyone know the name of it? or where abouts in bricklink I'd find it?

Ah, it's beautiful! Great job, CptMugwash! :thumbup: I love the feet on this thing, they particularly stood out to me.

Hi Captain Flowers, thanks for the comments, the feet and the legs were the most difficult, for the feet I had to resort to using those bionicle ones :sad: