Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia: Day 3

I have to say, my love, that I am not either. There's just too many contradictions involved with this. However, the day nears to it's end, and with no better way of getting to know the truth, I'm going to stick with my vote and hope that it's not a wrong decision.

But whatever the truth about Vaugh is, tomorrow we'll be much wiser.

I will follow you as a good wife should do. By the way, should we be worried about the amount of time our son spends looking at Harriets cleavage?

But whatever the truth about Vaugh is, tomorrow we'll be much wiser.

... and perhaps without a sane investigator. :sceptic: It is always tricky to make decisions on just two nights of investigation results. Sebastien being scum is but one of a few explanations for the findings (there are the issues of sanity of the investigators, the validity of the returned alignments, and someone could be blatantly lying to Harriet of course) . However, the fact that Sebastien hasn't contacted the Baron as he claimed adds some more evidence against him. Let's hope we made the right decision. I agree, we'll know more come nightfall.

Now Barron, how is dinner coming along?

If Mr. Vaughn could've been as calm in his last response as he was his first, we'd probably have a different ending to today. It's important to stay rational in situations like this because lashing out and insulting people never helps.

In addition to the lie about contacting the Baron, Mr. Vaughn also claimed that Mr. Baron's ability was not referred to as The Inventor. He say The Baron used another title when describing it to him. A few hours later, he was trying to tell me he had never heard the Baron proclaim his role.

In private, Mr. Vaughn has thrown more insults and anger my way without trying to resolve anything. I gave him a couple possible strategies besides insulting everyone. He told me he had the whole situation figured out, I of course am just too stupid to see it myself. So I told him to postulate a theory of who was scum and we could talk more if they were the same people that implicated him. He wasn't interested in "guessing." So I told him to take his fantastic theories and post about them in the mansion. If they were plausible, people would unvote him. He said he didn't have the game figured out, he had me figured out.

It's a shame he never said "Hey, person 3 can see who targets a person. Since the scum is likely to block me now. Protect me and have person 3 watch me so that we can find out who their blocker is."

Wouldn't that have been brilliant? But no, we just got maniacal ravings and lies, sprinkled with insults. Trying to work with the village would've made a difference. By his own actions, he doesn't seem interested in helping us. If he was on our side, he would've thought of this on his own. He is probably not and couldn't come up with a valid village strategy.

I feel confident we're making a good choice. If Sebastien turns up innocent, we will certainly have other leads to follow. And we won't have to hear the insults and arrogance any longer. :sceptic:

And another thing. Sebastian claimed to contact me privately as soon as he received his investigation results, but I saw no messages in my quarters. Whoever he contacted me, it mustn't have been me. Could you please explain this, Sebastian?

You're misunderstanding what I said a bit. I contacted you via the Interpersonal Rimmedraincatcher Chattingservice using that messenger we both have employed in the past, the one with all those scales who seems to live in a world of his own. That contact was made after the beginning of the next day when I found out that our friend had been killed in the night. I waited that long so I could be certain that the messenger was trustworthy as well as you. My personal secretary keeps logs of all such conversations, including dates and times, so it would be easy to prove, but I'm sure you already know exactly what I mean. The scaly messenger has already confirmed it as well, please feel free to contact him. Given that you had no reason to trust me prior to that, you had not shared your role with me yet or I might not have bothered to investigate you (but probably would have to confirm the story).

You may note that I have not revealed anything additional that we discussed that night.

Whether he is scum or not, we should heed his words:

I appreciate that, at least, and commend all of you who seem to understand the potential implications of today's vote and what it means you need to consider tomorrow.

Good luck, village. I'm angry to have my potential contributions destroyed through either deception or stupidity, but I still wish you well.

Signed,

The soon-to-be former Sebastien Vaughn

In addition to the lie about contacting the Baron, Mr. Vaughn also claimed that Mr. Baron's ability was not referred to as The Inventor. He say The Baron used another title when describing it to him. A few hours later, he was trying to tell me he had never heard the Baron proclaim his role.

Are you still trying to twist things? I contacted the Baron and you've seen confirmation of that elsewhere. Ignoring it doesn't change the truth, and you know why I won't reveal who provided that proof. I never, for even a moment, claimed that the Baron hadn't told me his role, I just tried to make you understand WHEN that occurred. It was not when you incorrectly claimed, it was at the beginning of the next day, the day AFTER I investigated him (I wouldn't have trusted talking to him before that, which seems incredibly obvious). And yes, he called it something else. I don't think the name matters, but I still won't reveal it for fear that it has some deeper meaning that the enemies of the village would understand.

In private, Mr. Vaughn has thrown more insults and anger my way without trying to resolve anything.

And you haven't? Everyone knows your insane witchy infected history, don't try to set up a defense for getting this village's investigator killed, just accept your fate when the truth comes out, the truth that I have spent this entire day telling.

I gave him a couple possible strategies besides insulting everyone. He told me he had the whole situation figured out, I of course am just too stupid to see it myself. So I told him to postulate a theory of who was scum and we could talk more if they were the same people that implicated him. He wasn't interested in "guessing." So I told him to take his fantastic theories and post about them in the mansion. If they were plausible, people would unvote him. He said he didn't have the game figured out, he had me figured out.

You asked me to guess who was framing me. I don't even know if that person exists, you're the only one claiming it. All I could do is guess at this stage because I only have so much information to work with, the information my role provides me, which I have shared with you. You didn't seem particularly interested except in exposing my role and trying to paint me as someone I am not. I'm not going to throw around wild speculation after we mistakenly led a man to his death yesterday (let alone the one you got killed last night). People would not unvote me for wild speculation, and if they did they would only kill me if I turned out wrong, which I likely would and in the process we would hurt the village even more than this current idiotic decision will.

As for you, I do have you figured out. That's a completely different story, and that's all I ever claimed. If you didn't twist my words so much, I might have been more cooperative, but honestly, I can't trust you when you've spoken out of both sides of your mouth in private and then posted completely twisted versions of my words here.

It's a shame he never said "Hey, person 3 can see who targets a person. Since the scum is likely to block me now. Protect me and have person 3 watch me so that we can find out who their blocker is."

It's a shame I never lied about my abilities and tried to claim to be able to do more than God has allowed me? You make no sense. I can't do that, and it would be rare for a loyal investigator to. That's more a scum role, probably indicating that your limited knowledge is coming from a scum investigator. If you were a little more aware of these things, perhaps you wouldn't have trusted them enough to get me killed?

By his own actions, he doesn't seem interested in helping us. If he was on our side, he would've thought of this on his own. He is probably not and couldn't come up with a valid village strategy.

If I was interested in helping I would have lied and made up evidence? Is that how you're helping the village?

I feel confident we're making a good choice. If Sebastien turns up innocent, we will certainly have other leads to follow. And we won't have to hear the insults and arrogance any longer. :sceptic:

If the village is smart, mine won't be the only words they don't have to hear any longer because they'll know the truth.

Vote Tally:

Sebastien Vaughn/ Shadows: 17 (Hinckley, CallMePie, Walter Kovacs, Inconspicuous, Lord Arjay, Fugazi, Peanuts, Sandy, Eskallon, Professor Flitwick, badboytje88, TinyPiesRUs, Quarryman, Rufus, Bob TCM, WhiteFang)

There are about eight hours left until nightfall.

Ugh. I dislike using the Interpersonal Rimmedraincatcher Chattingservice as no one annotates the conversations so I can look over them. I won't deny what Sebastian has said in relation to this, as apparently my memory isn't reliable about matters that happen in there. So he could be telling the truth in that matter.

I do know it's true that I would have used different terminology. I personally consider myself a blacksmith rather than an inventor, but different people call it different things. I'm not entirely convinced Sebastian is scum, I think all these actions behind the scenes has created so much confusion and that's just what the scum are looking for (whether they implemented it or not) after our first lucky day.

I think neither Sebastian nor Harriet are scum, but we can't turn back the clock and start today over, so we'll have to start anew tomorrow. My guess is Sebastian will not be scum, and perhaps we lose an investigator, but we'll know the other investigator is scum, and the person he investigated on night 1 and said was Innocent, is potentially scum as well.

Now, was there anything else?

Now Baron, how is dinner coming along?

Err, yes. Quite well I imagine. Penelope, Fiona, how is dinner coming along?

My guess is Sebastian will not be scum, and perhaps we lose an investigator, but we'll know the other investigator is scum, and the person he investigated on night 1 and said was Innocent, is potentially scum as well.

That's a good point Baron... I don't believe that the village would have two investigators. So if Mr Vaughn is truly a villager like he pretends to be, we'll avenge him by lynching the evil investigator tomorrow.

Penelope, Fiona, how is dinner coming along?

It's ready, Baron! Meatballs with gravy tonight, a heartening meal for our sinking spirits.

I think neither Sebastian nor Harriet are scum, but we can't turn back the clock and start today over, so we'll have to start anew tomorrow. My guess is Sebastian will not be scum, and perhaps we lose an investigator, but we'll know the other investigator is scum, and the person he investigated on night 1 and said was Innocent, is potentially scum as well.

At the beginning of the voting, I felt like Sebastien was scum, but now I'm starting to agree with you. It seems there was way too much confusion behind the scenes, and we've embroiled an innocent investigator in our deadly net. I'm still hoping that he's scum, but if he's innocent, we at least have a few leads.

Either way he's certainly going out with a bang.

I've been thinking about this vampire thing. I have to admit, I'm not taking this claimed night action regarding vampire immunity seriously. I figure it's either made up, or someone's lying to add confusion. You'd think this far in, if vampires were a real thing, we'd have some sign of them.

If only we could all step outside in the middle of the day and see if anyone catches on fire in the sunlight. Or add some garlic to our meatball dinner. That'd solve this alleged vampire problem quick-smart. :tongue:

I've been thinking about this vampire thing. I have to admit, I'm not taking this claimed night action regarding vampire immunity seriously. I figure it's either made up, or someone's lying to add confusion. You'd think this far in, if vampires were a real thing, we'd have some sign of them.

If only we could all step outside in the middle of the day and see if anyone catches on fire in the sunlight. Or add some garlic to our meatball dinner. That'd solve this alleged vampire problem quick-smart. :tongue:

Does anybody have the night action of "slip garlic into the dinner?"

Vote Tally:

Sebastien Vaughn/ Shadows: 17 (Hinckley, CallMePie, Walter Kovacs, Inconspicuous, Lord Arjay, Fugazi, Peanuts, Sandy, Eskallon, Professor Flitwick, badboytje88, TinyPiesRUs, Quarryman, Rufus, Bob TCM, WhiteFang)

Night was falling, and the villagers had decided to lynch Sebastien Vaughn. The mob surrounded him.

5439828417_331d9cb5fc_z.jpg

"You're all making a big mistake", he said. "But, I will go quietly. No need to make more of a fuss". The villagers let out a sigh of relief. The past few lynches had not been so easy.

Fiona and Penelope accompanied Sebastien out of the room, where they could execute him in a civilized manner.

5439830169_76e674379e_z.jpg

The door closed behind them. Not long after, a crash, and then a scream were heard, and a few seconds later the villagers could see Sebastien, half-chained up, running on the balcony with Penelope in close pursuit.

5439831905_71ceef9333_z.jpg

Penelope dived, and knocked Vaughn over. He stumbled over the chain, and fell over the railing. The chain caught around his neck, and strangled him. Fiona looked on, helpless, as Vaughn died.

5440437304_fb0484fecc_z.jpg

Unfortunately, the group had chosen poorly, and convicted an innocent Villager.

The crowd mumbled, disappointed that they were wrong. As Fiona and Penelope worked to get Mr. Vaughn's body down from the balcony, the guests and their host prepared for another sleepless night, lying awake in fear.

5439835089_6fc72a762c_z.jpg

Night actions, please!