Sign in to follow this  
Gregorovich

MOC: Jungle Temple

This is the first MOC I've posted on EB, and I hope you all like it. Please bear in mind that I'm not very good, and I don't have an awful lot of pieces, so it won't be as good as most of the other MOC's on this site. Please forgive the poor photos, it's an iPod touch camera!

Okay, here it is. I hope you like it!:

Deep in the jungle, there's an ancient temple:

lego9.jpg

And who better to explore it than my sig and his pretty acquaintance:

lego8.jpg

Okay, so let's explore this place:

lego7.jpg

No, wait! I don't think that's safe. Maybe we should test it with the crash-test-dummy (finally, a use for him!):

lego6.jpg

So far, so good:

lego5.jpg

I guess I spoke too soon:

lego4.jpg

He's fallen onto the poisonous spikes, and a scorpion is coming his way:

lego3.jpg

Oh well, at least now we can go safer route:

lego2.jpg

Wow! A jewel!:

lego1.jpg

Well, that's it. I hope you liked it, and I'd appreciate comments and criticism. Thanks!

Well, it is a nice little temple and the pictures are better than what my first posted MOCs had.

However it isn't too hard to rotate the pictures. Windows XP and Vista both have a picture viewer that allows you to rotate them to the correct position and add sharpen images. Paint has a lot of tools useful for resizing and rotating. Flickr and a few other image hosts have tools on thier site that allow you to edit the image.

Well, it is a nice little temple and the pictures are better than what my first posted MOCs had.

However it isn't too hard to rotate the pictures. Windows XP and Vista both have a picture viewer that allows you to rotate them to the correct position and add sharpen images. Paint has a lot of tools useful for resizing and rotating. Flickr and a few other image hosts have tools on thier site that allow you to edit the image.

First of all, thank you very much for the nice compliments. About the rotating thing though, I'm actually on an iPod, but I do have a computer. I think I understand how to do it now, so I'll try to do it right next time.

First of all, thank you very much for the nice compliments. About the rotating thing though, I'm actually on an iPod, but I do have a computer. I think I understand how to do it now, so I'll try to do it right next time.

To strive to improve is an honourable thing. Never fear about the photography! This is the worst offender in my archive. I like to think I managed to improve a little in the intervening years!

Pictures with low pixel count are alot better than a blurry one or one with ridiculous amounts of flash. A picture from the side would be good though just to see how long it is and how everything fits together. When I first started MOCing I downloaded instructions and did alternate models of existing sets for a while. Of course you won't have all the pieces for a set you don't own but that's point. It'll tech you to substitute pieces to get the same result as the official set. Just an exercise that might work. But about your model, it could easily be an official adventure set from the nineties and the red railings used as a ladder caught me off guard, didn't realise until i looked closer.

I think it's a great attempt for a first MOC! Nicely done Gregorovich.

I agree with willdog actually, it looks very much like it could be an official set. I like it when playability is a contributing factor to someones design, I know everyone has their preferences and that's mine.

AthosText.png

:wink:

*laugh*

Good on you Gregorovich for your MOC but if you can't rotate the images it might be an idea not to rotate the camera in the first place.

I look forward to your next upright creation. ;-)

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Thanks so much everyone for the nice comments, I really appreciate them. I'm sorry about the pictures, I've tried to fix them but I can't find them on my computer. :wacko:

Although the fact that the pictures are the wrong way round is a bit irritating, the MOC it self is really nice! It reminds me of the Adventurers theme...

Although the fact that the pictures are the wrong way round is a bit irritating, the MOC it self is really nice! It reminds me of the Adventurers theme...

Thank you for the compliments!