Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

W.I.P Port

Hey guys, after over a year of castle building I figured its about time I made a few pirate mocs as it is the theme where I started and my fav. These are 2 w.i.p pics of a large moc I have planned. I wanted to do a port, but also a tropical beach setting, so I have decided to combine the two. The part you see here is what will be the beach with the old fishing huts and boathouses. Then I hope to split it up with some rocks and have a stone port with some houses at the other end. Just 2 pics for now, I may update more progress but might just wait till its finished. Anyways, here's the pics.

5402818626_a3841a8858_z.jpg

5402223303_5d40222a50_z.jpg

Your skills in building outstanding landbased MOCs never stop to amaze me, I am most impressed by the wooden house; it looks as realistic as you can get with Lego. :thumbup:

The landscape detail will surely improve by large amount, so I can't say much about it.

My only small nitpick would be that the water is at the same level as the beach and it also doesn't have plastic waves. I think maydayartist did a good job modeling them.

Well, I guess whenever I might have an attempt o something landbased, I'll have a look at your many MOCs, but that isn't surprising, is it? :pir-cry_happy:

I too have to say that your diorama looks very realistic. Not only is the wooden house perfectly designed and built in pleasant colors, but full of small details like the wheel haning outside, the lanterns and the chain / rope above the balcony. I also love the dense vegetation creeping through the grey rocks on the right side. If it weren't for some visible studs, i would almost think i'm looking at a scene from one of the Monkey Island games. Last but not least, this small port ist one of the few that's not based on the classic bright stone/stucco design like in the Imperial Outpost. Great work!

Wow, thanks so much for sharing Derfel! :pir-classic:

The detailed work on the building is superb. It's amazing how you made such a monochromatic building look outstanding, just by the textures.

I can't wait to see more. :thumbup:

you nailed the beach! water doesn't sit below the sand it runs up it. :thumbup:

Beautiful build so far and I can only see it becoming more amazing!

You are an inspiration to so many builders out there and among my favorites.

you never fail to impress and I can't credit you enough for being a constent source of inspiration for myself and a standard to aim for!

I think it looks excellent so far. The different shades of brown and dark red make the buildings look very realistic.

There are a lot of small details in it, and I can't wait to see this finished and inhabited by a bunch of pirates.

Are you also planning to give the buildings an interior?

Yes and here it is. A born of a new pirate scene :thumbup:

The start looks fantastic. The unfinished second house reminds me a little bit on one of your four buildings out of the old harbour scene with the store and the chapel (the building between them) I forget the name of it.

I´m looking forward to see a huge creation that will surpass my expectations.

Thanks for the feedback :pir-classic:

Your skills in building outstanding landbased MOCs never stop to amaze me, I am most impressed by the wooden house; it looks as realistic as you can get with Lego. :thumbup:

The landscape detail will surely improve by large amount, so I can't say much about it.

My only small nitpick would be that the water is at the same level as the beach and it also doesn't have plastic waves. I think maydayartist did a good job modeling them.

Well, I guess whenever I might have an attempt o something landbased, I'll have a look at your many MOCs, but that isn't surprising, is it? :pir-cry_happy:

Thanks, yes the water is a bit flat at the moment, but i'm kind of just marking out where it will go. I will add the waves by using jumper plates. I must admit i'm not too keen on tiled water anymore.

you nailed the beach! water doesn't sit below the sand it runs up it. :thumbup:

Beautiful build so far and I can only see it becoming more amazing!

You are an inspiration to so many builders out there and among my favorites.

you never fail to impress and I can't credit you enough for being a constent source of inspiration for myself and a standard to aim for!

Thank you for your kind words :pir-classic: If my mocs inspire some people then thats really cool, glad I can be of help.

I think it looks excellent so far. The different shades of brown and dark red make the buildings look very realistic.

There are a lot of small details in it, and I can't wait to see this finished and inhabited by a bunch of pirates.

Are you also planning to give the buildings an interior?

I will probably not bother with interiors on this as the techniques used to create the detail on the outside leave the inside looking a mess, which means I would have to build an inner wall to hide them which will make the inside smaller. I am planning a few larger buildings for a future moc which will allow me to do an interior as its something I really wanna try out.

Yes and here it is. A born of a new pirate scene :thumbup:

The start looks fantastic. The unfinished second house reminds me a little bit on one of your four buildings out of the old harbour scene with the store and the chapel (the building between them) I forget the name of it.

I´m looking forward to see a huge creation that will surpass my expectations.

Well I'm not too sure if i'm gonna make it that big now, as I don't want to use some of the ideas that I want to use for another moc. Yes, the building is based roughly on that old one, its a little nod to my first port.

Thanks all

DC

Really nice work Derfel :thumbup:

Your buildings always look realistic. There's always a lot to take in from your MOCs,

Thanks for sharing!

I can never fully understand how one can be so extremely skilled with LEGO bricks. Your style is simply stunning in each MOC, and you have a way of creating buildings and landscapes that look like reality.

Thank you for building MOCs that I can drool over for several hours! I really mean it. You are so talented, it's unbelieveable

This looks absolutely brilliant already. I'm always impressed by the detail and composition on your MOCs. They manage to look organic and "random" while still looking very well balanced.

Man I have no words!! This is absolutely fantastic!! I'm new and I'm impressed by the skills of the builders I see here...I wish I could have enough money to build something like this :(