eti

WINTER BREAK: King's Cross

One of my favorite locations in the books must be the mysterious area between inside and out, between being awake and dreaming, between life and death, symbolized by an empty version of King's Cross station in the next to last chapter of the Deathly Hallows.

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?

5390948264_6e2516b896_o.jpg

5390948268_3f2b43fe7d_o.jpg

5390948274_1d2677e34a_o.jpg

5390948276_16e2127873_o.jpg

5390948280_34b091a836_o.jpg

There are full size images and two extra shots in the Flickr set

Edited by eti

Really good build, and your pictures are awesome, the light is very nice... it indeed feels like being in a dream.

Just 1 question, what are supposed to be the 3 pieces behind the figs?

Wow, very nice entry! Very clever to build it in microfig scale, and the whiteness of it gives it that certain surreal feel. But why did you include Ron and Hermione instead of Dumbledore?

I think it would have been more interesting if you would have made a micro-scale Platform 9 3/4 with a micro Hogwarts Express, but that's just me.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The concept behind the MOC is excellent and the proportions fell right.

I especially like the proportions of the chairs vs the microfigs.

Great entry, great MOC

Pirate

We had to depict a place where Harry, Ron and Hermione went together, didn't we? So I couldn't do Dumbledore instead of Ron and Hermione.

Yatkuu, in the book Harry comes to this place in a semi-conscious state and the platform is empty except for two big chairs for himself and Dumbledore.

In the winter break there are three persons, hence three chairs.

No, it could be any character, at any time, at any place (except Hogwarts). Therefore, I'd suggest you take out a chair and switch R & H with Dumbledore. :wink:

Yatkuu, in the book Harry comes to this place in a semi-conscious state and the platform is empty except for two big chairs for himself and Dumbledore.

In the winter break there are three persons, hence three chairs.

ok, thx!

:wink:

Nice entry! I like the roof, and the chairs. I think it's the first entry nót in minifig scale. And also good photographing, with the light and background! :thumbup:

Oh, that's not how I interpreted the rules! I thought it said "the home of any character. Or any location" after stating we have to depict an adventure of Harry, Ron and Hermione during winter break.

I'll just keep it like this... I actually like the idea of the three friends using the socket of afterlife as a hideout. Besides, there is no Dumbledore microfig, and microfigs are just not very versatile, even though I am sure there is one out there that could be a sort of convincing Dumbledore.

Upon re-reading, I see where the ambiguity comes from... the line "you can also build" can be read as "instead of building around these three characters" or as "instead of one of these locations".

Edited by eti

Wow, what a unique and interesting entry, and very well done too! I simply love the overall clean and professional look of this build, and the arched roof is really a great-looking detail. Quite clever use too of the HP microfigs. Excellent work eti, best of luck! :thumbup:

Um, there is a Dumbledore microfig and it came in the same set as the others you have there. But it's your entry and if you want Hermione and Ron there, more power to you.

Disgustingly cute!! Well done, definitely my favorite microfig scale thing I have seen yet :thumbup: :thumbup: Great job eti

Um, there is a Dumbledore microfig and it came in the same set as the others you have there. But it's your entry and if you want Hermione and Ron there, more power to you.

Hey, you're right, the dark red one is Albus Dumbledore. I didn't know that.

Very nice architecture. At a minifig scale it would be even more amazing

Sure, but that would be a challenge using just 1000 parts...

Excellent idea and superb photography by the way!

Would love to see it in minifig scale like everyone else but doesn't detract at all from the fact that it's a great MOC.

Great to see you participating here Eti! :thumbup: This is a great entry, especially the idea of using the microfigs is ingenious. The overall style looks clean and nice, like portrayed in the book. The chairs are also looking good. I love the curved roof! Good luck in the contest. :wink: