MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

@Eigenbroetler: Do you have any pictures of your mod? Could you post them?

Pat

Sure here are some pics, but i am sorry for the whole cable thing, i need extensions, and ofc it is not done yet, a mod never is ;)

6415-4a35caa57c723142854b2e4002f1c59d.jpg

6415-67f418498eb62e34809060473e872c5a.jpg

6415-dcb8f935f6b2fe77a71bd87748c517c7.jpg

6415-86b6cb45d1aa032b87476fae989ac1c5.jpg

6415-d5ef04043d44f85304aae160c3acd227.jpg

6415-7a62644a5a1aad0824d96e2954323b03.jpg

6415-e6db96542f9c1a61f0450d604e9ca55e.jpg

6415-5685b9f27a62026403d13dfdc3a9cb61.jpg

Edited by Eigenbroetler

Very nice mod...

Hmm, maybe a well done mod - but IMHO this mod completely ruins the biggest advantage and pro of the unimog: authenticity and impressive look... sorry, but a 6 wheel unimog U400 is quite nonsense... but do not misunderstand me: i do not want to offend you - i'm sure working on yor mod was a lot of fun for you - and this is most important... :wink:

Edited by Kumbbl

There are for sure 6x6 Unimogs aviable, maybe not the U400 but the U5000...

Not want to be bossy, but the Lego 8110 is a U400 and nothing else and for sure not a U5000 6x6 - the U5000 has a complete different look and not only one more axle... but anyway: Was and is not my intend to badmouth eigenbroetlers MOD... just my opinion about something

There are for sure 6x6 Unimogs aviable, maybe not the U400 but the U5000...

I believe is a 6x6 U400 in the USA somewhere. It is a custom aftermarket modification for a farm. I saw it googling around before.

Well i am not offended, as i did not mod it for realism, i modded it for fun and playability, and this is my first mod since coming out of the dark ages.

And it has some great pulling power as it is now, and i am very happy with my mod. maybe i will make an extended cab for it later on.

And i bet u400 doesnt come with extended cab? :grin:

I know that there's no 6x6 U400. But hey, that's fun and Lego...

There is already an lxf around for an extended cad...

He he, the Unimog is in my hands for over a 6 months now and i still haven't opened it (like some other flagmans in past few years).

This set is so diverse, it has everything i always wanted - full suspension, pneumatics, electical parts (even if there is just a M-motor). And it's big and orange :wub: (not yellow or red, thank god!).

So, looking forward to finally get my hands on it soon..

He he, the Unimog is in my hands for over a 6 months now and i still haven't opened it (like some other flagmans in past few years).

This set is so diverse, it has everything i always wanted - full suspension, pneumatics, electical parts (even if there is just a M-motor). And it's big and orange :wub: (not yellow or red, thank god!).

So, looking forward to finally get my hands on it soon..

The more you watch this space the more excited you gonna be. I was attracted to Lego Technic when I first saw 8110 demo video from YouTube. I was astonished! Kept the set over a year before I finally release my itch. The progress was build wow, build wow....

Hi All,

I decided to get the Unimog after a long time of not doing Lego's, I was under the impression that the gear system would include drivetrain, but I see that the drivetrain is not motorized.

I'm at the 3rd book, right before second set, just mounted the wheels, I also saw that when you push the unimog, the engine doesn't move, however when you turn the engine, the wheels move.

Am I on the right track, is this how it's supposed to work? Would love some insight. I will probably halt building until I get confirmation, because If I implemented something wrong, I'm already too deep to rebuild.

(Thinking about it now, maybe the front power system, might connect to the engine, and power the drivetrain too, it would solve all my problems, but right now I have no idea, generally I try to build with no spoiler logic, but would appreciate a confirmation at this point)

Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

I decided to get the Unimog after a long time of not doing Lego's, I was under the impression that the gear system would include drivetrain, but I see that the drivetrain is not motorized.

I'm at the 3rd book, right before second set, just mounted the wheels, I also saw that when you push the unimog, the engine doesn't move, however when you turn the engine, the wheels move.

Am I on the right track, is this how it's supposed to work? Would love some insight. I will probably halt building until I get confirmation, because If I implemented something wrong, I'm already too deep to rebuild.

(Thinking about it now, maybe the front power system, might connect to the engine, and power the drivetrain too, it would solve all my problems, but right now I have no idea, generally I try to build with no spoiler logic, but would appreciate a confirmation at this point)

Thanks in Advance

Well I saw my error, one of the differentials should be reversed

@ kaan: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Reversing that differential is going to take some rebuilding of the model.... :sceptic:

Thanks :) It was a quick but dirty repair, really felt like it reduced the integrity of the model, however after the fix all seems great

I've been googling Lego Technic Sets, they cost 1.8x-2x in Turkey, this one did too, but there are no alternatives, generally UK Amazon prices seem great, why don't you just buy from Amazon? http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Technic-8110-Mercedes-Benz-Unimog/dp/B004OT2WKO Are there lower prices too? (Sometimes UK prices are even lower than other countries, it seems, I'm jealous, very)

I shot a video of the construction of my Unimog a few days ago.
I thought I would share it with you here. It is available in 1080p :)

The purpose of this video was to have a souvenir and to share this with friends and family.
I'm pretty new to the all thing but I hope you like it :)

I've been googling Lego Technic Sets, they cost 1.8x-2x in Turkey, this one did too, but there are no alternatives, generally UK Amazon prices seem great, why don't you just buy from Amazon? http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B004OT2WKO Are there lower prices too? (Sometimes UK prices are even lower than other countries, it seems, I'm jealous, very)

I see Amazon (UK,DE etc.) no longer sells the Unimog. It's only available from Marketplace sellers at about 10-20% more than Amazon used to have it. I fear the Unimog may now be EOL on Amazon - rather disappointing since I was on the verge of buying one.