Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

Also, I'm curious about the autopsy features.... lego organs would be neat.

When you say autopsy feature are you referring to the Earth Defense HQ, or another set. I must've missed that.

The fellow in the toyfair london article mentioned autopsy as a theme, meaning it's prevalent enough to be noticed meaning(hopefully) that we will get some sort of autopsy feature.

Hopefully.

But probably not.

The fellow in the toyfair london article mentioned autopsy as a theme, meaning it's prevalent enough to be noticed meaning(hopefully) that we will get some sort of autopsy feature.

Hopefully.

But probably not.

I think that somewhere earlier in this topic (before page 20) another user sugested implied autopsy, with perhaps an x-ray panel with a skeleton sticker that you can move over the aliens; I think that if autopsy is included as a theme in this line, that seems most likely. Although it might be more explicit - did anybody else think the age ranges for these sets to be a bit odd? I normally don't pay attention to them, because they always seem like TLG saying "grow up, dude. These are a toy for kids", but looking at them in the great big picture at Imageshack shows that all of them, even the tiniest $6.00 set, have age ranges that go up to 14. By comparison, Star Wars (right next to Alien Conquest in that image) has its sets rated 7-12 until you reach the larger ones like the Podracers, where it goes up to 14. I think that, along with the somewhat dark, grim box art, solidly implies that demographically, LEGO is looking towards an older set of kids along the range of this entire theme. Which is cool!

tl;dr - The age ranges indicate a more mature target market for AC, making autopsy features a possibility.

Yeah, I think the whole autopsy thing is implied at best. I mean, what else would an alien do with a farmer? And there's a vehicle for capturing one of the face-hugger aliens in the HQ set, so apparently the humans intend to study the aliens, but whether that involves autopsy is unclear. I guess this is one of those things that Lego leaves to your imagination.

Yeah, I think the whole autopsy thing is implied at best. I mean, what else would an alien do with a farmer?

Unless the farmer is death, abduct him and make experiments with him.

I thought the autopsy stuff was in regards to the aliens.

Yeah, I think the whole autopsy thing is implied at best. I mean, what else would an alien do with a farmer? And there's a vehicle for capturing one of the face-hugger aliens in the HQ set, so apparently the humans intend to study the aliens, but whether that involves autopsy is unclear. I guess this is one of those things that Lego leaves to your imagination.

What I think he was talking about was the fact that so far we have no idea what the heck is in the earth defense vehicle so there might be some sort of "alien autopsy" type thing going on, I don't think he was talking about how that might be what they're doing to the farmers.

Well, to whatever degree autopsy is featured, we should know for sure soon what Huw meant, as the Nuremberg Toy Fair starts tomorrow! So hopefully very soon we'll have more than the prelim boxart to go on :classic:

Does the Nuremberg Fair usually have the little plaquards with price and piece count, or do those come at a later fair? I'm very curious to know what the stats for these sets are.

Nuremburg usually has lot's of close-to-finalized sets. Lots of prototype plastic new molds etc. But it will be a good look at the sets, provided someone thinks to take good pics at multiple angles. *keeps fingers crossed*

But ultimately,, it's the NY Toyfair that I'm really looking forward to because the good fellows at BZP always take huge batches of nice quality photos of specifically Legos and they are uploaded to Flickr within moments of their triumphant return, so we'll definitely get our fill of eye candy then.

Not to mention the fact that there seem to be more finalized parts at the NY one as well as some hands-on stuff.

Look what I found.......

Finally some Toy Fair stuff is available to look at......a cool battle truck and sick looking alien craft that you can hold and spin it's outer ring and appears to have a sound brick activated by the rotation of said outer ring. :grin:

Ouch.....I hope my son doesn't want these.....Ninjago, city, SW and HP....not to forget Kingdoms.....oh, boy.....! :wacko:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

And more detailed views of the minifigs and aliens can be found in

(go to 2:14) posted by JuniperX in another thread!

I like the looks of the guy with the glasses and suit (and hope I dont have to buy the most expensive set in the line to get him)

The female with the 2 x 2 tile and microphone looks great too, as does that farmer with the pitchfork.

And is that a female blue astronaut (last fig in the rotation)

None of the aliens really do it for me (not as bad as the Mars Mission aliens though)

Wow, looking nice. I know a lot of people aren't fond of those two sets but I think they look great. :thumbup: The minifigs in particular are looking awesome.

Those aliens are AWESOME!I love the cyborg, the trans green brains and cyborg eye are great! :) The Earth defense HQ set is awesome! All of those play features are great! I'm a little disappointed with the mother ship though. :sceptic:

I've got to say, after seeing all the new summer lines, this has to be my favourite. The vehicles are awesome, as are the figs!

They look absolutely fantastic, I usually buy the cheapest set of every theme except starwars, but I might buy more here :blush:

Oh man, those figs are fantastic! The aliens look so good- nice and campy while retaining a fair amount of dignity. And Lime Green tentacle legs!!! That's a buying point for me right there ;)

The mothership is huge... the HQ is badass.... This is where my money's going this summer.

I really dig the trans-green brain- hope it's a separate part. The guy in blue looks like the tenth Doctor..... and the reporter and farmer are fantastic city figs on their own.

Taking many screenshots!

I really dig the trans-green brain- hope it's a separate part. The guy in blue looks like the tenth Doctor..... and the reporter and farmer are fantastic city figs on their own.

Taking many screenshots!

He better be in a cheap set....

I have been waiting for this for a long time... :blush:

It seems the big UFO makes sounds when you spin it around.

And I'm liking that new double barrel pistol thingy :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

:D I'm very pleased with the way the two biggest sets look in the spieletest video! The Mothership looks massive :oh: I'd say at least fifty studs across. And the Earth Defense HQ is very slick. I guess that viewing chamber in the front portion is what was meant by autopsy. Not quite what we were all hoping for along that line, but still cool.

And all you people wondering about the dweeby guy in the dark blue suit, good news! He comes with the Alien Tripod set, which looks to be falling into the $20 price point :classic: So you can get him very easily! Sadly, in its boxart it looks like he's about to be eaten by one of the head grabby things :P

I don't normally go for the largest sets in a theme, but Lego has really outdone itself this time. Unless the alien mothership is revealed to be extraordinarily overpriced, I'll definitely be picking it up, and the Defense HQ is looking more and more inviting as well. So excited!

It seems the big UFO makes sounds when you spin it around.

And I'm liking that new double barrel pistol thingy :thumbup:

it looks like the ARC star wars pistol with binoculars at the end, but then squished together. Looks really good!

I still don't like the "mothership", but that Earth Defense HQ is totally awesome. I may have to revise the budget.

Wow this line is even better than I imagined it will be!

The earth defenders look quite good in their new blue suits, but eh earth HQ looks like regular old blue to me. Nonetheless, it is wonderfully modular and quite interesting :thumbup: :thumbup: .

Can't wait for further pics! :wub:

He better be in a cheap set....

I have been waiting for this for a long time... :blush:

My thoughts exactly! Finally, a minifig I can keep in uncustomised form. Is that a new torso? Would be nice to get him in flesh, but I digress...

Wow, that cyborg is great. Unfortunately, I won't be getting him, but that commander is a very close second. I didn't expect tentacles, but that's definitely a nice addition. :classic:

Edit: Success! It appears that the Doctor-like minifig is in the tripod set! :laugh:

Edited by Delta 38

This new theme looks pretty cool, I'm digging those alien heads, I may have to get a few of the cheaper sets.

Woohoo! Finally TLG has a modern pitchfork! get in! back of the net! :thumbup:

The only dissapointing things are the human vehicles, blue vehicles! yuck :sick:

The alien in 7049 Alien Striker impulse set reminds of those aliens from the Fifth Element movie.

The news reporter in the 7065 Alien Mothership set looks awesome, he has one of those brain sucking things from Futurama :laugh:

I was skeptical about these sets but from the pictures they don't look too bad, not too shabby.