eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I attended the Nuremberg Toy Fair today and can confirm the list from above with some additions:

- Boxer

- Eskimo (with rod and fish)

- Cleopatra

- Sherlock Holmes Style PI

- British Guard

- Cannibal (the one with the bone in the hair) - not sure about this one

- Gladiator

- Unidentified Blue Figure - this may the lumberjack I saw (has cap and axe)

- Unidentified Red Figure

- Female Figure with suitcase

- some kind of historic judge - not sure, but if I remember correctly there was a figure with graduation gown and mortarboard

- clown with melon hat

- Godzilla costume

- Mobster with gun, hat and case - I can definitely confirm this one

- dwarf

- female zookeeper with little ape - looks great!

I hate to say this, because it sounds so stereotypical - but this one looks like the best series so far! Terrific job by Lego.

Cheers

Frank

PS Have the figures from the SW advent calender been revealed? Don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but...

That's great news! :thumbup:

Can you please describe what the chimp that comes with the zookeeper looked like? Is it a smaller version of the monkey, or is it a baby animal with a single stud on the bottom and not much else?

So the Eskimo has a fishing rod huh? That's the third series in a row with a fishing rod in it, I wonder if it's simply a convenient accessory to add. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it, but I hate seeing repeating accessories from series to series.

That's great news! :thumbup:

Can you please describe what the chimp that comes with the zookeeper looked like? Is it a smaller version of the monkey, or is it a baby animal with a single stud on the bottom and not much else?

So the Eskimo has a fishing rod huh? That's the third series in a row with a fishing rod in it, I wonder if it's simply a convenient accessory to add. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it, but I hate seeing repeating accessories from series to series.

The chimp is more like a baby animal on a single stud if I remember correctly.

I regrett I didn't write more details down, but I was overwhelmed by seeing all the new sets. Lego have extended their space by at least 25% this year, you can really tell that they must be doing well in the market.

I attended the Nuremberg Toy Fair today and can confirm the list from above with some additions:

- Boxer

- Cleopatra

- British Guard

- Gladiator

- some kind of historic judge - not sure, but if I remember correctly there was a figure with graduation gown and mortarboard

- clown with melon hat

- godzilla costume

- dwarf

I hate to say this, because it sounds so stereotypical - but this one looks like the best series so far! Terrific job by Lego.

Cheers

Frank

PS Have the figures from the SW advent calender been revealed? Don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but...

I agree, with the mobster and the gladiator this will be the best series so far. Glad to see them confirmed by someone.

I'm just wondering: about the mobster: Has he a new hat or an indy one? And does the gun fit into the violin case?

And what is the gladiator armed with? Gladius or spear?

Sorry for asking so much, I'm just excited about this wave.

- Boxer

- Cleopatra

- British Guard

- Gladiator

- clown with melon hat

- godzilla costume

- dwarf

Cheers

Frank

and you didn't make a picture :O

and you didn't make a picture :O

I would have loved to, but it was impossible! Strictly no pictures and lots of friendly Lego people watching. :blush:

Frank

Can someone please post some other pictures or what the series 5 could look like beside the 9 shown already?

I would have loved to, but it was impossible! Strictly no pictures and lots of friendly Lego people watching. :blush:

Frank

Thats a bummer, I wounder why? they will show it at a show but will not allow pictures :S

Strange way of promoting there sets.

Sorry if this not allowed please remove my reply..but:

They are in this film (1.33 is time when they show up in film). Just found it browsing.

Edited by JuniperX

They are in this film (1.33 is time when they show up in film). Just found it browsing.

Wo0w thank you! Even better than just (some) pictures :thumbup:

Edit:

WHAT? Another snowboarder and also for a 3rd time the fishing rod, that's very disapointing.

But strangely that wont keep me from wanting and buying them.

Edited by Ro87n

Yes, thanks!

The judge is definitely more grad student.

I didn't see any female traveler... Is she the pink fig with pink boombox which looks like a gym trainer or something? A bit disappointing but 4 female figs in one series is better than usual.

Thanks for the tip JuniperX!

So we have:

- Boxer

- Cleopatra

- British Guard

- Cave Woman (the one with the bone in the hair)

- Gladiator

- Lumberjack (has cap and axe)

- Snowboarder

- Woman with pink (purple?) ghettoblaster

- Student (graduation gown and mortarboard)

- clown with melon hat

- godzilla costume

- Mobster with gun, hat and case

- dwarf

- female zookeeper with little ape

Interesting selection! :thumbup:

Well I'm speechless and I think I will lose some money this Year.....

From the video we have:

Female performer with pink boom-box

Detective with possible new hat, magnifying glass and nice clothes

Axeman with baseball cap and new axe

Clown with short green legs, blue bowler hat and pie (no printing on the bowler hat so it may not be a finalized part)

Zookeeper with monkey/ape and banana

Cleopatra with snake and dress slope

Graduating student with mortarboard, gown and printed tile (university degree maybe?)

Godzilla guy with Godzilla mask

Cavewoman with club and new hair (and the bone in her hair)

Gladiator with round shield, new helmet and new sword

Mobster with black fedora, new suit torso, violin case (which looks like it opens up ala the suitcase) and revolver (I am hoping the revolver is a prelim part and TLG are going to give the guy something better but I doubt it)

Male snowboarder with beanie and new snowboard print

Dwarf with beard, small round shield, axe and winged helmet

British guard with hat and what appears to be the Western rifle piece (or a new moulding of it)

Eskimo with new fur hood and fishing rod

Boxer with boxing gloves and head protection (based on the head protection its clearly an amateur boxer rather than a professional boxer)

So far based on what I have seen, I am putting the mobster as #1 on my list (and I want at least 3 for the suit alone)

My want list at this point is:

1 Female performer maybe (for the pink boom-box and the hair)

0 Detectives (unless the hat turns out to be a good fit for modern day figs somewhere)

1, maybe 2 Axemen (for the axe, clothes and baseball cap)

1 Clown (for the pie and the short green legs plus that blue bowler may come in handy)

0 Zookeepers

0 Egyptian queens

1 Student (the mortarboard is cool, as is the printed tile)

0 Dinosaur suit guys

0 Cavewomen

0 Gladiators

At least 3 Mobsters, possibly more (especially if the revolver is only prelim and they use a new gun design)

2 Snowboarders

0 Dwarves

0 British Guards (dont like the hat much, dont need the rifle either)

Maybe 1 Eskimo for the hood

1, maybe 2 Boxers for the boxing gloves

Oh, nice indeed! :wub:

Good to see that we get that student hat, I've seen pictures of it earlier but was afraid it was only some promotional thing. The Eskimo is really, really nice IMO. Fishing rod is not a bad accessory and the clothing is great! Lumberjack and Snowboarder is a bit boring but they got nice torso and head printing. The Mobster is also quite dull but the violin case is a fun touch. The female minifigs are great, really like the aerobics instructor or whatever that pink girl is.

It seems TLG has secured another heap of my money already.

All romours are gone now

And this is just amazing! :D :D :D

Nice, but why another snowboarder?

What animal does that trainer have? A monkey?

My favourites are the Gladiator and the Graduate, and I laughed at the Mafia boss.

All in all, there are some redundant figs, but it's a nice series nonetheless.

:laugh:

Thanks for the video, JuniperX!

Here are my thoughts on the new figures:

Dancer/Performer: She looks like a poor rip-off of the Pop Star. :thumbdown:

Detective: I really like the looks of that Sherlock Holmes style hat, but I don't know how else I could use it.

Lumberjack: That axe looks pretty interesting, but the rest of the figure is "meh" at best.

Clown: :wub: Short green legs, a bowler hat, AND a cream pie? I'm definately getting multiples of these! :laugh:

Zookeeper: I like the looks of the new monkey/gorilla/chimp, I wonder if it's printed?

Graduate: It's a shame that we aren't getting a powdered wig, but the new graduation cap looks wonderful!

Guy in Godilla Suit: *oh2* This fig looks a lot better than I thought it would, hope I can get my hands on a few of these!

Cavewoman: :thumbup: I really like the look of her new hairpiece, it looks very Flinstones-ey!

Gladiator: Definately the Spartan of Series 5. Yet another fig that I'm going to buy multiples of!

Mobster: I'm rather disappointed that they didn't make a new gun for him, but the violin case is :wub:.

Dwarf: Pretty nice fig, but I have no need for dwarves.

British Guard: :cry_happy:

Eskimo: I love the look of the new parka, it's a lot less bulky than the previous one. :thumbup:

Boxer: Very nice fig! I especially like the boxing gloves.

So yeah, to put it simply, R.I.P. wallet. :tongue:

My brother's and my must-have for Series 5 has just revealed itself: The lumberjack. He is, after all, wielding the spitting image of the perfect fireman's axe.

As always, I'm impressed with all the figs, but doubt I will be under any pressure to complete a collection or get multiples of any.

I'm disappointed they didn't make a new gun for the mobster, but the violin case is still a very nice one. :thumbup:

I'm a also bit disappointed about the snowboarder, the Eskimo and the female performer, but the gladiator looks great. :classic:

Everyone seems to think the female is either a singer or performer of some sort. My twin brother just pointed out that if anything, she resembles a fitness trainer.

Also, her boom box seems to be the unreleased light lavender color we've had on LDD since version 3. Here's hoping that Bricklink doesn't confuse it with an old and out-of-production color when it makes its debut... of course, being a fairly unique color, I imagine that they should know better this time.