mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

I must buy more copies of Blacksmith Attack for blacksmiths to make peasant militia

Well, though the Blacksmith Attack is the cheapest set, I would like to have more MMV and MVR peasants, and pitchforks to make such an army. I do not believe that I will be buying more than 2 Blacksmith Attack sets, though I will be only buying max 1 Village Raid for sure, I will seek peasants as minifigs only, mostly off bricklink.

And besides, buying more Blacksmith Attack sets may build up a peasant militia, but you will be getting also full plated Dragon knights, and against such an army, the fight won't last long. In my village, the peasants are oppressed, they know their place, and will not be making any uprising soon so I just need more peasants to work on farms, and styes.

Edited by prvi svog imena

Well, though the Blacksmith Attack is the cheapest set, I would like to have more MMV and MVR peasants, and pitchforks to make such an army. I do not believe that I will be buying more than 2 Blacksmith Attack sets, though I will be only buying max 1 Village Raid for sure, I will seek peasants as minifigs only, mostly off bricklink.

And besides, buying more Blacksmith Attack sets may build up a peasant militia, but you will be getting also full plated Dragon knights, and against such an army, the fight won't last long. In my village, the peasants are oppressed, they know their place, and will not be making any uprising soon so I just need more peasants to work on farms, and styes.

Haha good point. It would be weird if a village consisted entirely of blacksmiths. But I would use them as support troops for my current armies not as a standalone army. Or they could even serve as bandits or something. If they ever make a civilian battlepack type set I will definitely get dozens of them to have a sizable peasant force.

Haha good point. It would be weird if a village consisted entirely of blacksmiths. But I would use them as support troops for my current armies not as a standalone army. Or they could even serve as bandits or something. If they ever make a civilian battlepack type set I will definitely get dozens of them to have a sizable peasant force.

Absolutely!

Play 'mix and match' with faces, etc. and you could end up with quite a pile of peasants. :grin:

If they ever make a civilian battlepack type set I will definitely get dozens of them to have a sizable peasant force.

Agree, just hope that the quality of those figs wouldn't be like the Dragon/Lion BP. Or in that case we would need to go mismatch everything but the printed torsos... But it would be cool if such a BP had female peasants... milk maids and such :)

Agree, just hope that the quality of those figs wouldn't be like the Dragon/Lion BP. Or in that case we would need to go mismatch everything but the printed torsos... But it would be cool if such a BP had female peasants... milk maids and such :)

I think I have enough female peasants. But if you compare male to female, the ratio is awfully lopsided. I wonder how did this work in medieval times? So many large armies, so does that mean villages were mostly women and children?

A little off topic, but now that I have a decent amount of Ninjas I also want Samurai and Ashigaru and Japanese peasants!

Edited by lego40k

Well, I am sure that in the Dark Ages there were more women than men, cause most men would go to war, and... well... probably since their first battle is the first time they carry a spear, and their last... guess they become a minority. So we need more history accuarte sets that will have more women in them.

I do not have too many female figs, royal or peasant, so I always want more :) You can never have to many women around.

I have to disagree, MMV was a lot bigger by about 600 pieces and it only cost $100. If Lego made a 4000 piece castle and marketed it like the Taj Mahal for around $300 I could certainly see a large castle that would be detailed, a great parts pack, and would be just plain awesome. Don't forget that Lego did surprise the Pirate community with the Imperial Flagship even though it did contain only 1600 pieces and I could see a castle with more normal bricks going for around $300. At the very least Lego could widen the Kings castle by about 6" and double the height of the walls. :classic:

I don't see TLG ever making a castle larger than the current ones. The price point would be too high for most customers.

I don't see TLG ever making a castle larger than the current ones. The price point would be too high for most customers.

You might want to read my post before quoting it. I had just finished pointing out that Lego has released very large sets in the recent past that had a huge piece count and were at a reasonable price.

I think that a huge castle would sell pretty well and I also think that Lego could also expand the current civilian theme with more cottages, a bakery, and some kind of woodland bandits theme. :classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

I also think that Lego could also expand the current civilian theme with more cottages, a bakery, and some kind of woodland bandits theme. :classic:

I always thought that LEGO would make generic sets with medieval houses, and even maybe something as a collectable house, a box of 200pcs, in which you do not know what house you will get, and there are like 5 models to get... I think that would sell like cookies...

You should tottaly check out new Kindgoms site! The characters speak! And there is a new game that looks like... No i am not going to tell you! Have fun!

You should tottaly check out new Kindgoms site! The characters speak! And there is a new game that looks like... No i am not going to tell you! Have fun!

I love it all¡ :wub:

that was awesome!

Hm can't decide if I want to get more light cavalry via white horses from Pick a Brick and Prison Carriage Rescues, or heavy cavalry from escape from prison dragons or more mummies minifigures (i currently have 12 lol).

And plus upcoming ninjago dragons coming out and I want them! thats going to set me back a few hundred.

Anything new on the possible jousting set? Since some of the new sets like the winter village and VW bus have been leaked I was hoping for some castle news.

Anything new on the possible jousting set? Since some of the new sets like the winter village and VW bus have been leaked I was hoping for some castle news.

The pictures of the VW Camper Van and the Winter Post Office didn't really leak per ce, as they were released in the new Lego Collector book. Apparently the 10223 (Kingdoms Joust or whatever it is) wasn't ready to be revealed yet. So I suppose the leaking of any info is not much closer than before. Meaning: it could happen tomorrow or next week or sometime in 2012.

Okay, sorry if this question is answered somewhere in this topic, but I havent visited this sub-forum until now. I just bought a neat little Kingdoms set, and I really like it, and want to expand my collection. However, realise this line has run for three waves (?) and may be nearing the end, so should I buy up this wave, or should I wait for a replacement?

Edited by The crazy one

Okay, sorry if this question is answered somewhere in this topic, but I havent visited this sub-forum until now. I just bought a neat little Kingdoms set, and I really like it, and want to expand my collection. However, realise this line has run for three waves (?) and may be nearing the end, so should I buy up this wave, or should I wait for a replacement?

The ongoing series, Kingdoms, has had only two waves yet*, first one in summer 2010 and second in summer 2011, and will hopefully (but not certainly, of course!) have still at least one wave before it gives way to the next iteration of the Castle line. So you are probably jumping in right in the middle. Besides, who knows if the next one is as good as this? Certainly I would recommend getting your hands on the two new sets with civilian setting (though the set you already acquired is probably another one of them, the Blacksmith Attack), because those have been very rare treats in Lego Castle, and are easily compatible even when the themes change.

* or just one, in places like Finland - still waiting for the new summer wave to appear... :sceptic:

No, it hasn't run for three waves. There was one wave of sets in 2010, and then there are new sets for 2011. Based on the little ads I see in the 2011 sets, it looks like they will continue to sell the King's Castle set from last wave, but probably not the other sets.

At any rate, nobody really knows if there will be future waves of Kingdoms or not. I would speculate it's a good possibility they will based on some interview comments I read stating that Kingdoms has sold pretty well for TLG.

I say just get what you want. You can still find most sets for retail price, at least in my country (USA). There's also a very nice exclusive set "Medieval Market Village", which is technically under the Castle theme, but if you take away the two soldier figs, it makes a nice Kingdoms set. :wink:

Just to add one more voice: I would buy the sets you like and not worry if the theme is ending. I have found I am much happier when I get the sets I like and do not worry about the sets I don't. :laugh:

I certainly hope there will be a third wave for Kingdoms!

I'm still waiting for LEGO to get it right with the impulse sets in this theme and now's their chance.

1) Make an impulse set similar to 'Target Practice' for the Lions, but make it a foot soldier and equip with bow & quiver, as well as a spear (so you can buy a TRUCK LOAD of them and have archers, or spear levy).

2) Do the same for the Dragons.

3) Lion impulse set: Knight on horseback (similar to knight from Dragons Prison Tower), with lance and pennants, sword, kite shield & great helm. (need a cheap source of Lions heavy cavalry to compete with the 'Escape from Dragons Prison' set)

How fast do you think THOSE puppies would sell out?

I'd be so broke, my wife would divorce me! :laugh:

I just opened up my Mill Village Raid.

What is with the gray horse? It's eyes has some brown flap over it. Is there a reason for this?

Yup like LT said, blinders.

Although the detail is great, I would have preferred normal eye print (more versatile) because this is the first grey LEGO horse and we could have used it for mounted knights etc but now it is forever a peasant horse.

(though the set you already acquired is probably another one of them, the Blacksmith Attack)

Crikey, great guess!

Thanks for the advice guys. Time for a little spending me thinks.