mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

MOCists on Flickr have also found countless uses for it to create a smooth roof slope-- for instance, here, or here. It's far from a useless piece, and a cheese slope on top of a 1x2 plate could never replace it in many of these applications.

You are right but I always say that any problem that can be solved by a cheese slope, SHOULD be solved by a cheese slope. :wink:

I am pioneering the all-cheese-slope roof and it's not quite as clattered as this, but nonetheless it's a very unique piece and can be used to solve the issue of how to end a cheese slope roof smoothly. :thumbup:

It wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of clubs putting in LUGBULK orders for the new slope in the next round (whenever that is) so they can get enough for building a roof :)

This new mold seems rather redundant. I know there are uses for it, but it just seems like the cheese slope and a 1X1 brick would do just fine. Anyways, the sets look better with every new picture!

This new mold seems rather redundant. I know there are uses for it, but it just seems like the cheese slope and a 1X1 brick would do just fine. Anyways, the sets look better with every new picture!

I agree, in some of Sirens of Titan there can be seen a usage for the cheese pieces for a roof, with outstanding results.

By the way, the sets with these photos look even better, the mill seems more big than the one seen on the toyfair pics.

Well the prison seems smaller on the other hand, but i dont care that much, has a nice amount of minifigs and the so precious knight.

Off topic, great MOCs. Sirens :thumbup:

In the new pic it looks like the king has a silver sword instead of gold?! Does anyone else see this?

Yes, it seems so.

I prefer it this way, is more like a king on a trip, not using all his gear, because he feels secure... :devil:

Well perhaps in a future set the lion knights will have to rescue him for his selfconfidence. :sadnew:

That would mean new sets for Kingdoms :cry_happy:

Oh my¡ thinking on new sets, when i havent yet get those from this year. :grin:

In the new pic it looks like the king has a silver sword instead of gold?! Does anyone else see this?

Indeed. Good catch.

Yes, it seems so.

I prefer it this way, is more like a king on a trip, not using all his gear, because he feels secure... :devil:

Well perhaps in a future set the lion knights will have to rescue him for his selfconfidence. :sadnew:

That would mean new sets for Kingdoms :cry_happy:

Oh my¡ thinking on new sets, when i havent yet get those from this year. :grin:

haha no worries I am pretty excited too :wink:

I also prefer the silver sword. I feel it is more universal. Gold is really for royalty, but a huge silver sword could be put on my favorite knight!

I hate to be a downer, but I don't like that cart weapon in the prison set. Not only does it have flick missiles, but it's also using a big red plate that looks ugly and out of place. I probably won't even build that. At least it gives some extra spears I suppose. But I would have rather seen those bricks go into adding to the structure, or maybe another minifigure.

I'd say the prison set is the only one that is somewhat disappointing here. If it weren't for the cool dragon knight, I might have passed on it.

I hate to be a downer, but I don't like that cart weapon in the prison set. Not only does it have flick missiles, but it's also using a big red plate that looks ugly and out of place. I probably won't even build that. At least it gives some extra spears I suppose. But I would have rather seen those bricks go into adding to the structure, or maybe another minifigure.

I'd say the prison set is the only one that is somewhat disappointing here. If it weren't for the cool dragon knight, I might have passed on it.

It might go well with the Prison Tower Rescue, at the least you can use the combine the sets and make a better Prison. And then you can have an even number of Dragon Knights vs Lion Knights and 1 cavalry each! I am guessing it will at least be 30 USD. If it is 20 USD I can definitely seeing myself getting extras.

It might go well with the Prison Tower Rescue, at the least you can use the combine the sets and make a better Prison. And then you can have an even number of Dragon Knights vs Lion Knights and 1 cavalry each! I am guessing it will at least be 30 USD. If it is 20 USD I can definitely seeing myself getting extras.

If you are talking about the Escape from Dragon's Prison set price, it is US $20 and CA $25.

If you are talking about the Escape from Dragon's Prison set price, it is US $20 and CA $25.

Yea that one. Is that confirmed? Because I will definitely get multiples then,

Yes, it is confirmed by fbtb here: Escape from Dragon's Prison

Awesome thanks for the link. The prices of the sets seems spot on with the exception of the Wagon Ambush (but it does come with sweet horses, and big wagon/tree pieces). Perhaps even cheaper compared to Wave 1 sets. The Dragon Prison structure looks bigger than the outpost attack (to be fair the catapult took up a lot of the pieces).

Also, I noticed that they made a slew of new weapons for the second wave, and they have the great helm introduced in Wave 1. Do you think that Lego has noticed the poparlitiy of brickforge with its custom weapons and helms and so they are making new minifig accessories to capture the minifig enthusiast market? (along with all the collectible minifigs)

Edited by lego40k

oh man this Kingdoms line just gets better and better, I love it :wub:

The Wind Mill set is a must have! Return of pitchfork, new chickens and goats!! What is next? a remake of the cypress tree? :cry_happy: lets hope so I thought the ;pitchfork was long gone.

blacksmith shop has loads of great new castle parts! also a small sweet set.

The carriage I am divided, I would have saved that set for a forsetmen faction, and $40 is kinda pricey. As for the last one, the Dragon Knights prison wall thing is the weakest set IMO, but it does have this once again TLG puts something we want into a set we wouldn't normally get :laugh:

lucky day it is only $20

Edited by Macoco

How come they haven't made a jousting set, or tic tac toe/chess set yet?

The Lion Knights horse barding is around 5 bucks each on bricklink or 50 dollars for the prison tower rescue. =(.

Personally I am hoping for a UCS or exclusive jousting set. Something with tents and a grandstand. Including two knights with barding (hopefully the silver barding from the dragon knights prison set) and two pages serving the knights. A few civilians spectating and selling food and some royals to watch the tourny. Oh how grand that would be!

Also, I noticed that they made a slew of new weapons for the second wave, and they have the great helm introduced in Wave 1. Do you think that Lego has noticed the poparlitiy of brickforge with its custom weapons and helms and so they are making new minifig accessories to capture the minifig enthusiast market? (along with all the collectible minifigs)

I think the LEGO company is very much aware of the minifig enthusiast market. Too bad it took 3rd party companies to wake them up to the fact that they were neglecting the very fans they try to serve. Now I feel bad for brickforge and others who put so much into their startups and now LEGO is actually copying them.

As for the last one, the Dragon Knights prison wall thing is the weakest set IMO, but it does have this once again TLG puts something we want into a set we wouldn't normally get :laugh:

lucky day it is only $20

I don't look at this as a normal set. To me it is a battle pack. Included in this battle pack is an awesome armored horse instead of a 5th soldier. You also get two lion knights with different torsos. You get the dragon knight with the chainmail and dark green cowl(the most useful and rare of all torsos in this line IMHO) and the mounted knight with the new armor and helmet. Then you throw in $5.00 worth of useful bricks. I will take these approximately 125 bricks for $5. I think it is a bargain. I will get more of this set than any of the others and so I for one am glad this is a "weak" set. To make it stronger would have upped the price and ruined it for me.

Oh dang, its really hard to choose what sets i can buy. Im gonna focus on upcomin POTC line. But also some of these sets are amazing and i would like to have them so bad. Its really gonna be a hard to choose what sets to buy and wich not. I like the Kings Carriage st, but it seems a little bit large and expensive to my wallet. Gonna get atleast the Draagon Prison set if nothing else. TLG is really puttig their best on this years sets and themes. Cant wait! :wub:

Captain Becker

I don't look at this as a normal set. To me it is a battle pack. Included in this battle pack is an awesome armored horse instead of a 5th soldier. You also get two lion knights with different torsos. You get the dragon knight with the chainmail and dark green cowl(the most useful and rare of all torsos in this line IMHO) and the mounted knight with the new armor and helmet. Then you throw in $5.00 worth of useful bricks. I will take these approximately 125 bricks for $5. I think it is a bargain. I will get more of this set than any of the others and so I for one am glad this is a "weak" set. To make it stronger would have upped the price and ruined it for me.

That is a great way to put it.

I would definitely buy a thin but nice dragon wall for $5.

And it's better quality then battlepacks too (not that I want to get on that subject again).

Edited by CommanderR

I don't really understand the hate against the prison set, such sets are nothing new. There always were castle sets that basically are just a wall, and no full building.

A very good point! you convinced me, I am definitely going to get at least 5 of that set. Too bard the Lion Knight Horse Barding is not in a 20 dollar or less set.

A very good point! you convinced me, I am definitely going to get at least 5 of that set. Too bard the Lion Knight Horse Barding is not in a 20 dollar or less set.

Yes that's unfortunate, but several stores on Bricklink sell them at $5 a piece. Not really a great deal, but it's the best we've got.

Isn't the Dragon prison set as inexpensive as a set with something that resembles a castle can be? At 19.99 you get bricks (including gates and prison jails) for your castle, an armored horse, a cart thing, four minifigs. It is a weak set until you notice the price, imho.

Edit: I just noticed that DaleDVM had already said basically the same thing. I am not a castle fan, I think this is the only set I will get from Kingdoms this year.

Edit: That's until I saw the Blacksmith set. A hen, golden "crystal" (I guess it acts as unprocessed minerals), two fire things and a humongous amount of weapons.

Edited by vexorian

Yes that's unfortunate, but several stores on Bricklink sell them at $5 a piece. Not really a great deal, but it's the best we've got.

I am going to just leave it at the two I have from King's Castle and Prison Tower Rescue. But if they ever making a jousting set or cheap set similar to the prison I will get that set for the horse barding. I hope Lego makes some sort of joust set in the future and I will just have dozens of the new horse barding with the generals using the lion knights horse barding.