mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Just looked at Brickset; they've already got a description of the Kingdoms sets in the second half of 2011!!

"There are four new Kingdoms sets on the way of which two feature 'ordinary medieval village life', albeit with some marauding knights pillaging the place. The big news is that they feature new minifig-scale animals: chickens (in white and brown) and goats."

CHICKENS! GOATS!

Yes have you seen the pics? They're a few pages back on this forum. :classic:

Brown chicken might mean the rooster we speculated about a few pages ago? Or maybe some of the chickens in clear sight just have been changed to brown. Either way, it sounds good.

Brown chicken might mean the rooster we speculated about a few pages ago? Or maybe some of the chickens in clear sight just have been changed to brown. Either way, it sounds good.

I hope is the rooster, we will have more variety. :thumbup:

I hope is the rooster, we will have more variety. :thumbup:

Romours has it they will be available in white and brown

Romours has it they will be available in white and brown

This would definitively be a good thing. It would add some more variety (cf. the new brown, white and grey owles in the HP sets). Overall, 2011 will be a good year for castle-fans! :sweet: .

If the chickens come in a couple of colors that will make me very happy. Variety is the spice of LEGO. We should have official pictures very soon. The toy fairs will be taking place over the next couple of weeks so it looks like we will not have to wait too long.

I know I'm mega-über-hyper-super late t the topic, but is there a link to any of the pics??? I read through the whole thread in the hopes of seeing something -- anything --, but... :( A PM will do ;)

Edit:

Ok, what about this? http://img441.imageshack.us/f/1293261436367.jpg/

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WttQgAIotM0&feature=related

I DO hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here!

Edited by Artifex

I'm not sure I like the color scheme of the new civilian buildings, but I'm just so happy we are getting them!!!

If this line got a new Forestmen faction and/or a Wolfpack one, I guess it would soon become top 3, maybe top 2 as best Castle/Kingdoms line...

I'm not sure I like the color scheme of the new civilian buildings, but I'm just so happy we are getting them!!!

If this line got a new Forestmen faction and/or a Wolfpack one, I guess it would soon become top 3, maybe top 2 as best Castle/Kingdoms line...

I agree with you man, new forestmen (maybe elves but i think they wouldn't fit in this less fantasy line) and they will win big times.

We had a time for the Dwarves, maybe now we'll have the time of the elves...!

Elves in this theme would be unlikely since it is not a fantasy theme. The farthest I could see this theme go in fantasy would be a dragon, but thats all. Maybe after this theme there may be some elves.

I thought bringing back the forestmen with this current line would work well but I see any hope of that fading fast since if they were going to been introduced it would have likely be in the 2011 sets(2nd year for Kingdoms).

Edited by Nicker

Elves in this theme would be unlikely since it is not a fantasy theme. The farthest I could see this theme go in fantasy would be a dragon, but thats all. Maybe after this theme there may be some elves.

It would be interesting. It's a bit off topic in this thread, but seeing the popularity of elves, seeing elves and dwarves as the main "groups" in a new theme would be very interesting indeed.

It would be interesting. It's a bit off topic in this thread, but seeing the popularity of elves, seeing elves and dwarves as the main "groups" in a new theme would be very interesting indeed.

It would indeed! :grin: I doubt they will do dwarves again, i mean that will be the third version of the same thing (Oh wait I forgot Lego Loves third versions! :laugh:)

To be honest if fantasy is started again I want to see a new and improved orc that actually looks scary as opposed to cartoony. But back on topic, the toy shows are in 2 weeks so we will be seeing pics very very soon!

But back on topic, the toy shows are in 2 weeks so we will be seeing pics very very soon!

What shows, exactly? Can you fill in a noob on what the major Lego conventions are as well? Which ones does TLG set up at / participate in?

What shows, exactly? Can you fill in a noob on what the major Lego conventions are as well? Which ones does TLG set up at / participate in?

During the month of February there are several major toy conventions where all of the different toy companies like mattel, hasbro, lego, etc... all present their new toys that are coming out for that year. The biggest one is the New York toy fair which will be on Fabruary 13th. Hopefully Lego will unveil their new Kingdoms sets there. :classic:

Two thumbs way up. These look awesome, and the barn windmill set is far and away going to be a classic. (ok, well at least for me....)

Thanks for the pics!

Aw, my wallet......must get new Kingdoms sets - heart rules over brain here ! :laugh:

Though the windmill is a little small isn't it ? :wink:

Still I'll get it, I'll add it to my collection - now the blacksmith set - YES, first one I'll get.....too cool...truth to tell you my son is interested in blacksmithing....so that's at the top of the list. :grin:

Nice brick built trees for an ambush there eh ?

Oh, dear like I said a few more dollars out of my wallet and sets to hide from the wife ! :laugh:

Thanks 'Lego-Freak' for the photos and Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

I've just found a couple of pics on spieletest.at:

lego25.JPG

lego26.JPG

lego27.JPG

lego28.JPG

lego29.JPG

Wow!

Just... WOW!

Thanks A LOT for the pics!

I just went from sceptic to compulsive buyer in a second!

Thanks again!

I just LOVE these new sets and all the animals, horses, and everythig! Just everything! Must have for sure!

Well if I needed convincing I don't anymore. Multiples of all the sets for me.

Mill, I will buy as many of this one as I can to help fill out the civilian side of things

-It looks like all 3 peasants have new prints

-Pitchforks (finally)

-New Horse color (finally), and printed blinders apparently

-Goats

-Chickens, in 2 colors

-New colored pigs

-Scale armored Dragon Guy (nice to see these in 3 of the 4 sets)

-New parts for the windmill blades (I think they are new anyway)

-Bucket

Wall/Prison (can't remember the name, 7187), this one looks like the one for giving the Dragon army mounted knights

-Finally a shot of the Dragon barding, and it looks awesome

-Dark pearl gray visor helmet

-Long Dragon shield

-Dragon scale armored guy

Carriage, this is the weakest of the bunch (in my opinion), but given the strength of the other sets it had a lot to live up to so it's like being the lowest rated world class hotel

-The carriage does more solid than some in the past (nice to see it's enclosed)

-New print on the horses for the harness

-It's a scene and not just a carriage

-Nice parts for the trees to use elsewhere

-Scale armor Dragon guy (yes, I really like this torso)

Blacksmith, awesome accesories set

-New weapons, several of them

-Dark pearl gray euro armor (with no print)

-Chicken

-Bucket

-I think the Blacksmith has a new body, but I can't tell for sure

Look at all that new weaponry in the blacksmiths shop.

New sword.

New double-headed axe.

What looks like a smaller dagger

Plus some stuff on the ground that's hard to see because the chicken is in the way.