Sign in to follow this  
Adam the Ant

10214: Tower Bridge Unboxing

10214: Tower Bridge

Ages 16+. 4,287 pieces.

UK. £204.99, US. $239.99, DE. €219.99, CA. $314.99

I received this set yesterday, so I thought before writing my review of it I would post images of what the contents look like.

Arrived in a big box, taking up almost all the space inside.

unboxing_1.jpg

Views of the front and back of the box, I really like the design, it shows off the model with some great shots.

unboxing_2.jpg

unboxing_3.jpg

The instruction books, three of them.

unboxing_5.jpg

:wacko: I'm seeing double, biggest 2x model I've made.

unboxing_6.jpg

This set comes all in bags, lots and lots of bags, unlike some other larger sets.

unboxing_14.jpg

Lots of windows.

unboxing_7.jpg

The tan 1x1 wedges come in small separate bags within larger bags, and some are mixed with other small pieces. Going to take a while to sort all of them :sceptic:

unboxing_16.jpg

Finally one of the printed shields, the print is slightly off, but it still looks great.

unboxing_15.jpg

So that's the unboxing of this set and I'm currently in the sorting phase. I hope to have the review done soon and with better photos.

If this in the wrong category (should it be in Town?), would a mod be able to move it please?

Thanks for reading, feel free to ask any questions.

Adam the Ant

Edited by Adam the Ant

Tan cheese slope and 2x2? white window service pack, ahoy!

Nice to see, thanks. I saw this set in person last week and it's beautiful. Enjoy!

Great, thanks for doing this, I've been waiting on this for a while. It's good to see what I'm about to get myself into.

Edited by Brickus

Just a quick update. I have now finished the model, going to take some final photos and then I will get started on writing the review.

Just a quick update. I have now finished the model, going to take some final photos and then I will get started on writing the review.

Thats great! Looking forward to the review! :classic:

Just so you know I haven't given up on writing a review, it's just not my top priority at the moment, I have a uni project deadline next week and I have a lot to get done for that. I'm still doing small bits towards the review when I can, but it will be at least a week until it's done. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the unboxing pictures.

Mine arrived from Lego this month in bad shape (read: damaged) and was NOT packed anything like what yours was. For mine, they put the retail box inside their "flap-folded" box, no other protection. Usually at a minimum there's a piece of double cardboard between the set box and the outer box , but mine had no protection at all, and was crushed (something fell on it on angle and put a hole in the outter shipping box and the retail set box).

Someone at the shipping company in-between Lego and myself then opened *EVERYTHING* up, and then re-taped the retail box (read: ruined the retail box further with packing tape) and patched the hole in the outer box. I was not impressed.

Fortunately the lady I spoke with at the call centre for Lego was very understanding, knew exactly what I was talking about with regards to how these are supposed to ship, etc., and fixed it all for me. It's all good now, but I was quite disappointed when I received it.

Locutis

Sorry for bumping; but does anyone know how many large bags (not the internal ones) are expected in this set? I received a damaged box via 3rd party, which had clearly been opened before. However inside all bags were sealed... However I dont know if any were missing? There seemed to be 24 bags in total; some clearly multiples (x4 e.g. bits for the towers). Does anyone know the correct bag count (excluding the bags within bags).

Thanks

RS

Well, you're a little too late, I just thrown my bags away, but I can tell you there are 4 bags with big tower parts, 2 or 4 bags with only cheese slopes and 2 or 4 bags with small parts including cheese slopes. 2 bags with windows, 1 bag with smaller plates (I'm not sure) and the rest I can't remember. I hope your's is complete :classic:

Edited by legolijntje