jm28cardiff

New Lego Store opening in Cardiff, UK!

Hi guys, I saw on a recruitment website jobs for Manager and Assistant Manager for a new lego store in Cardiff! The ads went up today I think. It says it will be in St Davids Arcade, 16 staff, 223sqm (no idea if thats big or small!). It says start date - mid October!

Edited by jm28cardiff

Great, can never have too many lego shops!

are you applying for the managers job peppermint?

Alas, I haven't got the experience in retail to get such a position. However the regular store employee job has gone on my "just in case" list (jobs I could do if my current position becomes redundant, a sensible thing to have in the current climate. Too bad it isn't a discovery center, the I would be first in line to be a builder there :thumbup:

That's good news, although about 120 miles from where I live... Shall I try to go to the opening?

Perhaps, if they have something nice to offer.

Wow that is great if not expensive news! Any idea where we can get information for the normal job positions from? Do they search for the managers first then the lackeys? :tongue:

Excellent news. :thumbup: I live 30 minutes from a lego store but I still might pursuade my father to drive for hours to get there on the opening day. :tongue:

Wooh way to go, another Southern Lego store!! :devil: At least this one is only 35 miles from the M5 when visiting my parents in Devon

There is life above Manchester you know TLG, would it hurt to open one up north or in Scotland!? :hmpf:

Excellent news, I may live near Bluewater but I'm damn well going to the opening even if I have to work 3 weekends as punishment to get the day off. On a boarder point with luck the store will be a sucess and we'll get a few more in the UK soon.

Everyone is talking about the opening day, is it common for Lego to stage something special then on the opening day or are people just excited to look around?

Both Cardiff and Westfield are opening in mid-October according to the links I posted.

EDIT: Sorry jm28cardiff, I didn't see that you had already posted that :wacko:

Edited by Whittleberry

Just emailed TLG:

Hi there,

I see TLG are opening up a new Lego store in Cardiff & one in London, but can you tell me whether TLG is planning on opening a store either in Scotland or the North East of England at anytime in the future?

The closest "store" to me is the discovery centre at Manchester which is still well over 200 miles away from me which is somewhat frustrating!

How come the stores that are in England are so Southern biased?

I look forward to your reply soon.

Regards

Will see what they have to say!

They prefer to open them where they will be in direct competition with other toy retailers. All of them, aside from Bluewater, are near to a competitor

Anyone got an update on this? Being 20 minutes away from Cardiff the new store will be perfect for me... If anyone has the opening date please share.

Jasbrick

Anyone got an update on this? Being 20 minutes away from Cardiff the new store will be perfect for me... If anyone has the opening date please share.

Jasbrick

I think I heard they would try to open it some time in Nov/Oct :classic:

Jasbrick

What the What? 20 minutes in which direction?

Eh, if you ever see a nutter in goggles at the store, it's me :tongue:

It will certainly be in the St Davids shopping center, I have no positive ID of the exact retail unit as there was no sign last time I was in the city. I am keeping my ear to the ground regarding an opening date.

I work in Cardiff so walk through the arcade every week, theres plenty of empty units, but I've not seen any hoardings up yet that would say which one the Lego Store would be. The job ads said mid-October start date for the manager and assistant manager. I guess once they are appointed, they would have a hand in recruiting the store staff? It would make sense to open before Xmas at least though.

The Lego store in cardiff will apparently open 8th December, its in St Davids 2 opposite the Disney Store (the hoardings are up so its being fitted out), opening hours 9.30-8pm on most days. Cant wait!

The Lego store in cardiff will apparently open 8th December, its in St Davids 2 opposite the Disney Store (the hoardings are up so its being fitted out), opening hours 9.30-8pm on most days. Cant wait!

I may be there on the opening. It is probably the closest Lego store to me (quickest to get to). :thumbup:

~buddy~