Not sure if this has been confirmed or not, but I just saw and bought the 2 new Atlantis sets at TRU here in the States.

Hmm, I personally liked 2010's line better because the general feel was thicker and more stuff in general. Every single year it looks as if Lego puts less and less into the sets though or maybe it's just the look of the pics but we shall see.

As the year trails past the half way mark and the sneak peeks of next year start to trickle in, sadly it seems the watery deep is done for now.

Farewell brave ocean voyagers! You shall return in some form or another one day.

As the year trails past the half way mark and the sneak peeks of next year start to trickle in, sadly it seems the watery deep is done for now.

Farewell brave ocean voyagers! You shall return in some form or another one day.

Damn. Where are you getting this sad news from? First PQ, now this...

It is not really news, you know. We never had an indication Atlantis would last more than 3 waves, and seeing the precedents and how the latest wave continued with the trend of having fewer sets and making the good guys change their color scheme (a usual sign of the end of a theme), it really seemed like the last wave. Now we can consider it confirmed because people with access to info about the 2012 wave are not mentioning Atlantis at all.

I know it's done because we haven't come across any news, I know it will be back as Underwater has been going on since I was 7 years old (Aquasharks Rule!!!!!) and returns in cycles.

I just finished building 7985: City of Atlantis and I just love it. I bought it together with the Gate of the Squid set, and comparing that set to 7985 makes the former look like nothing. 7985 is everything I wanted LEGO Atlantis to be, an ancient temple. Great set design and play features, even the little submarine looks great. The figures are amazing, love those little monsters. It's one of the few sets I bought just for the parts, but I have to admit I like the whole set. :sweet: A shame they switched colours of the divers, trans green and lime was so much better.

I just finished building 7985: City of Atlantis and I just love it. I bought it together with the Gate of the Squid set, and comparing that set to 7985 makes the former look like nothing. 7985 is everything I wanted LEGO Atlantis to be, an ancient temple. Great set design and play features, even the little submarine looks great. The figures are amazing, love those little monsters. It's one of the few sets I bought just for the parts, but I have to admit I like the whole set. :sweet: A shame they switched colours of the divers, trans green and lime was so much better.

The Gateway of the Squid may not be able to stand up to the City of Atlantis, but the Portal of Atlantis sure can. I was disappointed with the City of Atlantis, especially after I found that the main function (the Golden King ascending from beneath the stage) worked poorly compared to the amazing opening shark jaw gate and portal of the previous year's flagship. What's more, as much as I like the Greek columns and porticos of this year's Atlantis sets, they don't compare to the almost-Lovecraftian architecture of last year's. I don't regret getting City of Atlantis by any means, but it didn't blow me away like the Portal did.