KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I could care less about the torso, honestly- but I'm really loving that new holster. Is it in the Falcon? It looks nice.

That's the one in the next book from DK.

Can't say it isn't what I expected - plain A New Hope Han with the medal around his neck, and I do still plan to get him.

That's the one in the next book from DK.

I knew that, I was just wondering if those same legs were in the Falcon too.

Thanks for those news. I am glad that our US fellows finally get to cast their die on the new sets. :classic:

There are rumors like these:

or these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QymVfCliEg

But not very reliable :hmpf:

The first one consists of quite some wishful thinking (especially prices). The second one might be as well - but if it were true - i would feel pleased a lot and TLG, too. Three of the four mentioned sets (the OT ones) would most probably find their way through my budget into the collection. :wub:

We're just trying to tell you what you should've done so you don't do it again. :wink: Firstly, check the first post of this topic. Too many people make that mistake. Secondly, if you happen to find something about availability that isn't in the first topic, we have another topic for discussion of availability.

EDIT: On another note, in the availability topic someone linked to 7879 on TRU's website, so I zoomed in on the box pic which says that the set contains 773 pieces. That's something that's not currently in the first post.

Ah, interesting. Hopefully the set will become available in Europe as well soon. Any announcement on it's price in EUR yet?

I knew that, I was just wondering if those same legs were in the Falcon too.

Oh, I see what you meant. Misread your post. :blush:

...and UCS A-Wing.

...and UCS Jabba's Palace. But this is the 2011 thread, not a 2012 thread.

Perhaps it is time for a 2012 Rumors thread?

EDIT: When did we hear about the UCS Jabba's Palace, and who from? I don't recall it being a particularly reliable source...

Edited by fallenangel309

Umm, today i recognised that 6212 (X-Wing) disappeared from the German S@H page. There was no sign that it was going to be out of stock anytime soon. Is the set about to get discontinued and already sold out in Germany?

Can we take this as a sign that a revamp or even a complete new set containing the X-Wing is en route to our very galaxy? :oh:

If so - i am looking forward to it. I like TLG's newer designs with new bricks and building techniques. I guess Fallenangel would be pleased in this particular case as well. :wink:

If not - what could be the reason for the sudden disappearance? In the US the set seems to be available still.

EDIT: When did we hear about the UCS Jabba's Palace, and who from? I don't recall it being a particularly reliable source...

It wasn't even a rumor, just the offspring of regular wishful thinking that somehow managed to strenghten up by running from mouth to mouth. It' s as probable as a UCS Venator or a Nebulon-B or a Munificent-class Cruiser. They could have easily become the same kind of rumor in a similar situation, it's just the turn of Jabba's Palace.

Edited by kamigawa

I think it was after the short LEGO Star Wars movie with Jar Jar Binks being hunted by Boba Fett.

There was Jabba in it so people thought there might be a Jabba's palace set.

Umm, today i recognised that 6212 (X-Wing) disappeared from the German S@H page. There was no sign that it was going to be out of stock anytime soon. Is the set about to get discontinued and already sold out in Germany?

Can we take this as a sign that a revamp or even a complete new set containing the X-Wing is en route to our very galaxy? :oh:

If so - i am looking forward to it. I like TLG's newer designs with new bricks and building techniques. I guess Fallenangel would be pleased in this particular case as well. :wink:

If not - what could be the reason for the sudden disappearance? In the US the set seems to be available still.

That's very interesting. As you said, there's no sign that it's out of stock, backordered, sold out, or retired. We also know a new production run of 6212 was done a year ago, and I doubt TLG has sold all the sets by now.

We can see a picture of the new minifig of Han Solo celebration on amazone.fr

*snip*

I could care less about the torso, honestly- but I'm really loving that new holster. Is it in the Falcon? It looks nice.

Looking on bricklink, they look like the same legs.

OMG I cant believe they made a Han Solo with medal for exclusive. Totally lame. :thumbdown:

Makes perfect sense to me, given the last book had Luke with his medal - Maybe the next book will have Leia in her finale outfit :wub:

Kaitan

Umm, today i recognised that 6212 (X-Wing) disappeared from the German S@H page.

Same with me. I went on after I read your post, to see if it was still available but it wasn't there.

I think it was after the short LEGO Star Wars movie with Jar Jar Binks being hunted by Boba Fett.

And a Jabbas palace could tie in with CW or OT as it was in them both. Also a new Jabba mold or print could go in the new PM wave of next year (predicted).

And a Jabbas palace could tie in with CW or OT as it was in them both. Also a new Jabba mold or print could go in the new PM wave of next year (predicted).

And it would work, see the death star one of the best sets of all time. The old Jabbas palace is far to small with a plain interior but its ok. Iam one of the lucky oness to own the old one but it looks nothing like Jabba's palace we certainly need a new one

Makes perfect sense to me, given the last book had Luke with his medal - Maybe the next book will have Leia in her finale outfit :wub:

Kaitan

That's what I was thinking. It'd be the logical choice, and it would be pretty awesome as well! But after that, would they do ESB, then RotJ, then the prequels?

I thought that The LEGO Group never revealed upcoming sets, minifigures, etc in their media (video games, comics, etc). I suppose Jar Jar was the exception... please correct me if I'm wrong.

But after that, would they do ESB, then RotJ, then the prequels?

You're making two huge assumptions with that, those being that they will do more books, and that if they do they will stick to celebration minifigs. Besides, there were other characters present at that ceremony. General Dodonna would be a start for a possible fourth book-exclusive minifig.

Ok I was going through the Toys R Us site and noticed that the Hoth Eco Base is already up .......now im mentioning this because correct me if im wrong but there appears to be only three sets of the 2011 wave that belong to the original trilogy with the rest belonging to the clone wars, so with that being said does that mean since this one has come out so early that we are yet to get another original trilogy set to end the year which would correspond with all the rumors because isnt it a bit early to bring out this set if lego doenst have another planned to satisfy star wars fans?

Edited by kermit

Ok I was going through the Toys R Us site and noticed that the Hoth Eco Base is already up .......now im mentioning this because correct me if im wrong but there appears to be only three sets of the 2011 wave that belong to the original trilogy with the rest belonging to the clone wars, so with that being said does that mean since this one has come out so early that we are yet to get another original trilogy set to end the year which would correspond with all the rumors because isnt it a bit early to bring out this set if lego doenst have another planned to satisfy star wars fans?

Well Lego has most star wars sets split into 2 groups (not counting exclusives). Movies and Clone Wars.

So counting the 3 EP1 sets, we have 6 movie sets in this summers release and only 3 Clone Wars sets.

I was looking on Toys R Us and found that Hoth Echo Base was for sale and it seemed to have a new picture:

5903017482_927e44fb9e.jpg

Hoth Echo Base by Lord Of The Fries, on Flickr

Looks like Leia is carrying a banana :classic: .

PS. Sorry if this picture has been bought up on Eurobricks before.

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Don't think we've seen that yet. Thanks. It does give us a slightly better view of the Tauntaun pen, which still doesn't look that great.

Are those icicles supposed to fall off as a play feature? There are some Technic pieces in that area that don't really belong.