KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I presume that that figure is 3,200 pieces, and not 3.2 pieces. Because £3.50 is a lot for nearly 4 pieces :grin:.

You're obviously not aware that non English countries may use the , and . differently from you, are you?

Or did you really believe it was around 3 parts?

You're obviously not aware that non English countries may use the , and . differently from you, are you?

Or did you really believe it was around 3 parts?

I was aware and it was humour I don't think that and I included a grin to.

I was aware and it was humour I don't think that and I included a grin to.

You did and I forgot :laugh:

I'll try to whip this thing back where it belongs :laugh:

There's only a few rules to this topic.

Discuss only the sets, pics and rumors.

Price and availability have their own dedicated topic to keep this one "clean" - non EU members could not care less about when we get a set in the shops here - so keep that out of here please! Also price ranting and discussing isn't welcome in this topic either - prices are individual depending on region and Nation BNP's - so please stick to just adding a price and keep the discussion on it in the proper topic.

All topics within the Star Wars Forum can be found in the Star Wars Forum Index - first post has the highlights.

"Stay On Target!"

Price be dammed! I'm more worried about that missing 0.8 of a brick! Let's face it, 3.2 Lego bricks for a UCS set is a real stretch even for the best MOCers out there.... :angry:

:laugh: yes...you are right...if i get 3200 bricks, i will make something else or many MOCs instead.

3,200 bricks - thought it would be bigger, though having said that it's largely tiled bricks anyway and so probably doesn't need much more to be done right

I usually have no interest in 'true' UCS sets but something about the executor just had me interested, quite like the internal feature. I certainly won't waste my time if it's not a faithful depictions of the set, I'm eager to see some more puctures. £370 quid is a lot especially as the death star (a vastly better set) is so much cheaper

I agree with you, prices are VERY high.

But I think it is time to redesign some of the older sets like Jabbas Palace (there are plenty possibilities for several sets), Cloud City, Mos Eisley Cantina etc. pp

And I would still love a really good made System B-wing Fighter, and of course: UCS AT-AT and B-wing Fighter!

BTW: The Super Star Destroyer will be available in October, costs 370 EUR and contains nearly 3.200 Pieces...

greetings Hendrik

Thanks for the update; I’m surprised that it’s only 3200 pieces considering the estimates of the length of it that I’ve seen. Actually, I was expecting it to be a lot more (4000+), considering the level of detail & the possibility that it includes a bridge scene. I’m sure that it will be an amazing set & I’m really looking forward to seeing some really detailed pictures of it! :classic:

I'll try to whip this thing back where it belongs :laugh:

There's only a few rules to this topic.

Discuss only the sets, pics and rumors.

Price and availability have their own dedicated topic to keep this one "clean" - non EU members could not care less about when we get a set in the shops here - so keep that out of here please! Also price ranting and discussing isn't welcome in this topic either - prices are individual depending on region and Nation BNP's - so please stick to just adding a price and keep the discussion on it in the proper topic.

All topics within the Star Wars Forum can be found in the Star Wars Forum Index - first post has the highlights.

"Stay On Target!"

Ahem!

The UCS Super Stardestroyer is a must-have for me. I don't care about the brickpart-money ratio, as long as the model looks good and is huge. I won't wait for any off-sales (which will propably not be available for this kit, as it'll certainly be a Lego-Shop exclusive in Germany) and I'm going to preorder the thing, as soon as it's offered.

I've really thought they'd make a Midi-Scale Executor (2 feet long or something), but a UCS is even better IMHO. It'll be the center of my Lego collection for sure. But I really hope they'll continue the Midi-Scale series with other larger spaceships, which are to large to produce for the Minifigure-series (the ISD, Venator SD and Death Star just looks wrong in my eyes, as too many compromises were done in order to make it suitable for the Minifigures)

The ISD, Venator SD and Death Star just looks wrong in my eyes, as too many compromises were done in order to make it suitable for the Minifigures.

We havent seen all of the Executor yet so the internal structure or the underside could be compromised for the sill play feature that has no place there.

Given that Executor is about 4 feet long, about 150 studs long. SO if I wanted to build a few regular star destroyers to scale, would they be around 13 or 14 studs long? I think there'll be a shortage of micro scale star destroyer on BL :hmpf_bad:

source for the size:

The behind-the-scenes book on Lucasfilm, From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives (1995), showed the film props and stated that the Executor was conceived as eleven times the size of the original Star Destroyer, which itself was one mile (1,6 km) long.

Remember Uk gets a bad price for exchange rate deal on lego. Anyway it looks amazing so the price does not for me matter its a buy. This year there is no sets without a new or redesigned minifigure correct me if I am wrong set so that might affect build qualty. The UCS super stardestroyer was extremly well done from the photos I doubt it will be a playset .

Edited by Jedi master Brick

The UCS super star destroyer was extremely well done from the photos I doubt it will be a playset .

I think it was cavegod who stated it will have a built in bridge scene in the middle. This doesn't make it a play set but it could compromise the stability and or accuracy of the set which is not worth it in a UCS which are bought for the sole reason they are more accurate, and stable than a system scaled set, not because they have sill gimmicks. The only exemption would be the Lambada or the Falcon as they where the only minifig scaled UCS so could have figs.

it could compromise the stability

I disagree. All LEGO sets are held to high standards as far as the durability of the model is concerned. If anything, I would consider the standards of a UCS set lower than those of a playset since the UCS set is intended for display and older FOLs, not playability for younger builders.

I disagree. All LEGO sets are held to high standards as far as the durability of the model is concerned. If anything, I would consider the standards of a UCS set lower than those of a playset since the UCS set is intended for display and older FOLs, not playability for younger builders.

I agrre on that. They put sets in an oven for some tests so they don't melt acept if its to big they bring it to the local sauna so legos standards are really high

The new Hoth set doesn't looks promising to some people but to me it's a nice change. Due to the fact that SW theme always about space ship and shuttle and tank so a base is something very nice :laugh:. About the price, I don't think it'll be a real issue here, last time I checked, bricklink is still got new sealed Home One below 100$ so if this set get so much complain about it like in this topic then I'll just wait for a good price on bricklink :wink:.

Gee, it sucks to be an Aussie sometimes.......Germany - July......Australia - maybe late August, more likely....hopefully September. :cry_sad:

On super star-destroyer could Lego give seperate instructions to include or exclude the play feature ? :wink:

May the Eurobrick be with you all ! :grin:

2 different instructions would be neat. I dont see TLC do that, but hey we can always dream.

If anyone is curious, LEGO seems to have the soon-to-be-released-in-the-US August Star Wars set instructions up on their site, I just perused the Republic Frigate instructions to see how it was built. I'm definitely getting that one!

Edited by filospinato

Firstly, apologies if this has been mentioned already. I know there was some discussion on Dengar's headgear that I saw that hadn't reached a resolution. I have a poster that arrived with my Lego club (Australia) magazine today and it looks like it's a white pirate bandana. There's also some highly detailed face printing that makes it look like he has an open faced cloth balaklava on.

Bossk looks the same to me as in the Slave One but I don't own so I could be wrong.

Also the Imperial officer is Admiral Piett (just in case that hasn't been comfirmed). Finally IG-88's head is an inverted cone on a torso and on top of that is a printed 1x1 round brick.

Edit: I'm trying to upload a pic but can't get brickshelf to load.

Edited by hewman

Given that Executor is about 4 feet long, about 150 studs long. SO if I wanted to build a few regular star destroyers to scale, would they be around 13 or 14 studs long? I think there'll be a shortage of micro scale star destroyer on BL :hmpf_bad:

Wouldn't a midi-scale Imperial-class destroyer be scale to a 4-foot Executor-class destroyer?

Wouldn't a midi-scale Imperial-class destroyer be scale to a 4-foot Executor-class destroyer?

The set comes with a micro star destroyer that should be to scale, or at least close to it. Assuming the Executor is 4 ft long, the ISD would need to be about 4.3 inches. The midi-scale ISD is 10 inches. Micro would be a better scale, and even better if the SSD is not quite 4 ft long.

*Snip*

Also the Imperial officer is Admiral Piett (just in case that hasn't been comfirmed). Finally IG-88's head is an inverted cone on a torso and on top of that is a printed 1x1 round brick.

Edit: I'm trying to upload a pic but can't get brickshelf to load.

That's interesting. Indeed Piett would be the sensible choice for the set. However, from the blurry poster pics i saw of yet, one really can't tell this fig from a regular Impie officer.

And yes - what's up with brickshelf? Can't check on the LDD models from there...