KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

(also, on a side note, according to the most recent episode of the CW, Darth Maul is still alive in the Outer Rim? HOW!?)

He is? Or do you mean Savage Oppress?

On the last episode the let you think darth maul is in exile in the outer rim and savage is going to find him, but perhaps he is a spirit, but i dont think so. Also qui gon gin is in the clone wars ( as a spirit)

Edited by Blackknight112

Well the last N-1 had a generic pilot.

I know, and I bought that set. But if I'm correct, that pilot had an incorrect-looking helmet.

No, I don't mean Savage. Go to starwars.com and look at the episode guide for Witches of the Mist. Then go to the bottom of the guide, and read what it says, and click the link. It takes you to Maul's databank page. It is him.

Cloud city done in a manner of a DS would certainly look terrific, but I have some concerns about the feasibility of such set. Stability to begin with... Knowing the shape of a CC, how would that thing hold in place?

Finally, perhaps a little less pertinent question to this topic, does anyone have an idea why was the production/sales of such brilliant sets like AT-TE or republic gunship ceased without even thoughts of re-release, whereas some much older ones (and in dire need of re-design...) are still to be found around (i.e. 6212)?

Without the outside, Cloud City is basically a large dish with a pole, so it shouldn't be too hard for LEGO to make a stable design.

As for 6212, this thread may interest you.

Exar Kun was able to influence others as a spirit, so I don't see why Maul couldn't. On the other hand, we don't see him explode into blue flames when he's cut apart in Episode I, so it could mean Lucas didn't intend for him to die completely... but I digress.

Without the outside, Cloud City is basically a large dish with a pole, so it shouldn't be too hard for LEGO to make a stable design.

Exar Kun was able to influence others as a spirit, so I don't see why Maul couldn't. On the other hand, we don't see him explode into blue flames when he's cut apart in Episode I, so it could mean Lucas didn't intend for him to die completely... but I digress.

If I am correct, there was some EU stuff that had Maul (post death) as a cyborg. Maybe Lucas and those working on the show will play on this idea. It wouldn't be the first time that they pulled stuff from EU to put into the show (Quinlan Vos, Republic Commandos). Also, I do not believe that Maul will be a spirit. He just doesn't seem like the kind of character to be that in tune with the living Force. Also, perhaps the Nightsisters had something to do with him being alive. Who knows, but this is getting off topic, so...

If I am correct, there was some EU stuff that had Maul (post death) as a cyborg.

It's non-canon info. Anyways, this is off topic.

As for the Infiltrator, well, if I buy it, I'll probably scrap it and use my old Darth Maul anyways.

It's non-canon info. Anyways, this is off topic.

As for the Infiltrator, well, if I buy it, I'll probably scrap it and use my old Darth Maul anyways.

I think the use of both would be a good idea. Use the old Maul when you want him with a hood, and the new Maul for without. Although, the fig may just seem completely un-appealing to you. Hmmmm... here is a thought! Imagine if they made a new hood mould to be compatible with the horns. Maybe, but unlikely. And also, if they had done that it would be on the fig, so scratch that idea. :hmpf_bad:

I think the use of both would be a good idea. Use the old Maul when you want him with a hood, and the new Maul for without. Although, the fig may just seem completely un-appealing to you. Hmmmm... here is a thought! Imagine if they made a new hood mould to be compatible with the horns. Maybe, but unlikely. And also, if they had done that it would be on the fig, so scratch that idea. :hmpf_bad:

Some other people have noticed the mushroom-top of the new Zabrak heads, so we're thinking the horns are removable.

On the other hand, we don't see him explode into blue flames when he's cut apart in Episode I, so it could mean Lucas didn't intend for him to die completely... but I digress.

I know I only have my word to back this up, but on a Force Cast episode a few years back, Ray Park (I believe it was) was interviewed and George told him way back when they were filming TPM that Darth Maul could appear in future movies as his head was not chopped off. I love that in George's mind, a guy getting sliced in half is one thing, but having his head chopped off is something else lol.

I know I only have my word to back this up, but on a Force Cast episode a few years back, Ray Park (I believe it was) was interviewed and George told him way back when they were filming TPM that Darth Maul could appear in future movies as his head was not chopped off. I love that in George's mind, a guy getting sliced in half is one thing, but having his head chopped off is something else lol.

I guess the head-body connection is more important than the body-leg connection in the Star Wars universe. :laugh:

Also, I don't see any mushroom-ness to the heads of either Maul or Oppress. Hmmm... :hmpf_bad:

I guess the head-body connection is more important than the body-leg connection in the Star Wars universe. :laugh:

It is in real life too. You cut off someone's legs and they could live, but if you cut off someone's head they're going to die. Yes, in TPM Maul is cut through his waist, not legs, but I'm sure they could retcon that with the 'invention' of another piece of technology to further the CW storyline. :hmpf_bad:

Anyways, can we please get back to discussion of the 2011 Sets?

I don't see the mushroom-ness on Maul either, but Savage's head looks to have a slight bulge, and they're the same mold.

It is in real life too. You cut off someone's legs and they could live, but if you cut off someone's head they're going to die. Yes, in TPM Maul is cut through his waist, not legs, but I'm sure they could retcon that with the 'invention' of another piece of technology to further the CW storyline. :hmpf_bad:

Anyways, can we please get back to discussion of the 2011 Sets?

I don't see the mushroom-ness on Maul either, but Savage's head looks to have a slight bulge, and they're the same mold.

Opress's head seems taller, but I see no bulge. Hmmm... Also, did anyone else notice the new piece on the front of the speeder bike in the Ewok set, just in front of the scout trooper? Take a close look, I think it's new.

Opress's head seems taller, but I see no bulge. Hmmm... Also, did anyone else notice the new piece on the front of the speeder bike in the Ewok set, just in front of the scout trooper? Take a close look, I think it's new.

It's one of these.

Maybe with a kind of a circular stand, you make anything near that heavy as a DS, a normal stand wouldn't have a chance...

Wow, you really don't like the 6212 :laugh: I am fine with the overall looks (although all your points are valid), I just don't get that MF gets redesigned so often and X-Wing stays the same. But, most probably, sales figures tell them that they have reached the ultimate design with X-Wing and not so with MF... But given the minifig list to be included with the upcoming MF, I get the feeling that that one may stick around for quite some time.

Hopefully, they will consider redoing the gunship at one point, maybe in somewhat smaller scale...

I think the main reason the X-wing hasn't redesigned yet and the reason it's selling so well, is simply because it's a very reasonably priced set for arguably the most iconic Star Wars vehicle, plus it comes with practically all the main characters. It's a great place for starting a collection or even just a novelty item if you're not into Lego. The design could definitely be improved.. but yeah, I just don't see them stopping production of it anytime soon.

I must say, after taking a closer look at Darth Maul's new speeder bike, it looks HORRIBLE! (also, on a side note, according to the most recent episode of the CW, Darth Maul is still alive in the Outer Rim? HOW!?)

There is a CW discussion on the off topic boards.. but the fact he was given a special artefact for helping him "locate" Maul, leads me to believe it is more of a spiritual thing and they aren't actually bringing Darth Maul back. (which would be a very cheap move). Obi-wan has visions of Qui-gon in the next episode to help him focus his training, I'm quite sure Savage will be doing much the same with Maul. Remember, Filoni has already changed things about the EU that are dumb or unrealistic, like Aurra Sing being a Jedi.. I really don't see him taking one of the dumbest aspects from the entire EU and making it canon and I doubt even more that Lucas would go along with that.

Wow, you really don't like the 6212 :laugh: I am fine with the overall looks (although all your points are valid), I just don't get that MF gets redesigned so often and X-Wing stays the same. But, most probably, sales figures tell them that they have reached the ultimate design with X-Wing and not so with MF... But given the minifig list to be included with the upcoming MF, I get the feeling that that one may stick around for quite some time.

Well I made that topic and then I went to lego.com and I guess the resaon for x-wing and not MF is because x-wing is $50 less?!?!?

- Some lovely new Star Wars sets and minifigs that you'll kill for. There were transparent technic beams (stud-less) in two of the Star Wars sets!

that was a quote from the London Toy Fair preview, now what set has trans clear technic lift arms in it?

that was a quote from the London Toy Fair preview, now what set has trans clear technic lift arms in it?

May I ask where that quote comes from? Maybe there's more to be found :laugh:

just a quote from one our members of the BA

the full quote

I was most grateful to get a tour of the Lego stand at the Toy Fair today. Now I can't post images and I mustn't say too much here, but I can say, you'd all better save plenty of pocket money for the goodies coming out later this year! I've seen most of the leaks in the interweb but there was stuff there that was news to me.

I think I can disclose the following without fear of reprisal:

- Some lovely new Star Wars sets and minifigs that you'll kill for. There were transparent technic beams (stud-less) in two of the Star Wars sets!

- There's a new spacey alien range with groovy aliens and space suits that appeared to be in a whole new blue colour, somewhere between blue and mid-blue (unless they were incorrectly coloured mock-ups of course). They definitely had new ray guns though. One set used the Indy circular track in black as part of the circular spaceship design. Another has a brilliant but simple UFO abduction device!

- New Atlantis cockpit windows are definitely trans yellow!

- The non-Duplo "Cars" sets are very cool with loads of new auto parts.

- Pirates of the Caribbean sets are superb. Characters from the various films (and the new one) as minifigs and each set has a slightly different Jack Sparrow—"to avoid duplication" the man said! And there will be 2 different ships - can't possibly say which!

- Lovely new games, Technic, City, Creator, Harry Potter, Ninjago and brilliant advent calenders for next Christmas.

- Series 5 minifigs were not on show (but there is a sneak view in the trade catalogue!)

- New Lego licenced products will include a 2ft high minifig with internal storage, and a giant minifig head that is made up of several sieve trays, with progressively smaller holes to help sort your parts. (Now I built something like that a few years ago—why didn't I market it!)

Bad news: yet another Lego clone brand will appear later in the year: "Ausini Block" imported from China by UKiC (http://www.ukic.co.uk/) who mostly do teddy bears! They have very familiar looking themes of Police, Fire, Army and pinky-girlie-house stuff.

You may not like to read this, but Cobi are doing some impressive looking new stuff. Knex are also continuing with their Lego compatible monstrosity. The miniature construction system Nano bricks from Japan was also on show.

Wow, it was a good trip!

just a quote from one our members of the BA

Interesting. The quote confirms most things that we've already known, though the variation in Pirates of the Caribbean sets sounds nice.

Back on topic... I have no idea where those might be from. Are beams those Technic pieces which have holes for pins in, but no studs? Even if so, no idea. :tongue: Might be something to help reinforce the Podracers, but I don't know how likely that is.

Advent calendars? Interesting. I wonder if they saw any hints of the Star Wars one?

I'm going to assume these technic beams in question are going to be for the podracers. That only makes sense to me.

Agreed... hard to swoosh the podracer if the chassis is only connected to the engine with a few random strings or tubing pieces. The technic beams are typically used to increase structural strength, and the clear ones will keep them from looking like this!

I'm going to assume these technic beams in question are going to be for the podracers. That only makes sense to me.

Sounds right to me, too. Those big tan frames were one of the things I didn't like about the old ones.

Nothing else in that list looks new to me, though.