KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

On StarWars.com, they have a preview of upcoming DK books. One of the books is a Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia with about 200 characters in it. Here is the blurb from the website.

In October, the smash hit combination of LEGO, Star Wars and DK continues with the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia. More than 200 minifigures are profiled in this hardcover release, which is slated to include an exclusive mystery minifigure! Below is a sample page featuring Luke and R2-D2

Here is the link, scroll to the bottom to see the cover.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/dk_2011/index.html

Nice! And another exclusive minifig!

I'm hoping for Ceremony Han in this one.

On StarWars.com, they have a preview of upcoming DK books. One of the books is a Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia with about 200 characters in it. Here is the blurb from the website.

In October, the smash hit combination of LEGO, Star Wars and DK continues with the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia. More than 200 minifigures are profiled in this hardcover release, which is slated to include an exclusive mystery minifigure! Below is a sample page featuring Luke and R2-D2

Here is the link, scroll to the bottom to see the cover.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/dk_2011/index.html

These right? I was also reading it :laugh:

Hope its a ghost figure :classic:

dk_charenc_bg.jpgdk_charenc1_bg.jpg

Does anybody know the 'actual' name (classification or whatever) of the Dathomir Speeder (or a link to Wookiepedia)?

Thanks

a ghost fig sounds really cool but definitely impossible :tongue:

Never mind the book it actually looks like a pretty good book!

If they are going to continue with the ceremony minifigs for the exclusive minifig then I think Leia would be a better choice. That way we would get new dress, hair and torso pieces for her. Han would just mean a new torso piece with the same torso but the medal overlaid on it. But if they go the other way and dont even do a ceremony minifig I wouldnt have a clue who they would pick. Perhaps someone from the Clone Wars?

Does anybody know the 'actual' name (classification or whatever) of the Dathomir Speeder (or a link to Wookiepedia)?

Thanks

AFAIK there isn't yet since the episode where it is based is yet to be shown. I believe it will be entered in the Wookieepedia after the episode this first week of January.

a ghost fig sounds really cool but definitely impossible :tongue:

I don't think TLG can make a ghost figure if they wanted to due to the problems with the plastic quality. I'm pretty sure they've discussed this before.

Thanks

I don't think there's a Wiki entry or any info of it yet. My guess is that it's going to appear in a new episode of CW S3 (which starts again this week) and since Lego knows beforehand what's going to be in episodes they'd be able to design a set beforehand.

Celebration Han would be likely, but I'm hoping more for something more usefull- the only new thing with Han would be a medal on his torso.

The most likely ones I can think of are a Clone Commander, or a new Jedi, maybe one from an upcoming Clone Wars episode. For OT, I can't really think of anything they havn't already done. I doubt they'll do another celebration figure.

This book actually looks pretty interesting...

I don't think TLG can make a ghost figure if they wanted to due to the problems with the plastic quality. I'm pretty sure they've discussed this before.

Yeah, it's the whole trans-LEGO-is-polycarb-which-doesn't-flex-well thing.

I don't think there's a Wiki entry or any info of it yet. My guess is that it's going to appear in a new episode of CW S3 (which starts again this week) and since Lego knows beforehand what's going to be in episodes they'd be able to design a set beforehand.

And knowing CW, it wouldn't have a name and Wookieepedia would have to give it a descriptive name- like Dathomir Speeder. :tongue:

So I was catching up on the rumors and saw the new book, and the subsequent conversation about the exclusive fig. What about a Queen Amidala fig as they look to be releasing the flesh Padme fig in the Sith Infiltrator?

I see. I wasn't aware it hadn't even been shown yet... I never have time to watch CW. Thanks anyway.

This Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia seems to be nice.

Sorry for CW fans but I hoppe the minifig will be an OT character... :tongue:

I think it's just appropriate that TLG will make it an OT character to appease the OT fans for the scarcity of OT sets in 2011. Though I agree with Smack, I would go bananas if it will be Queen Amidala. :wub:

I like this new too. I hope it will be the minifig of George Lucas.

Oh my god! That would be fantastic! :sweet:

Same here. I'd be happy with any new exclusive OT character.

I like this new too. I hope it will be the minifig of George Lucas.

Eh, not much use for one of those. And all the people who own the original one might not like it so much.

The new book should come with Zuckuss, 4-LOM or a flesh Lobot to continue with the 0Tness of the minifigure in the Visual Dictionary and also to follow up to that minifigure, since it was from Episode 4, so a minifig from Episode 5 would be a good way to go IMO.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Eh, not much use for one of those. And all the people who own the original one might not like it so much.

I agree with you but he is the emblem of Star Wars.

Great another way to get a Awesome Exclusive Figure :classic: After all the Luke at the Ceremony which was in the Visual guide is one of my Favourite Lego Figures :thumbup:

I can't see the Exclusive figure being CW unless its someone really important.

I would want the exclusive figure to be Leia( Ceremony like Luke), Quenn Amidala, ARC Trooper or any of Anakin, Obi-Wan or Ahsoka in their New Outfits :sweet:

EDIT: Found this

Clone_trooper_battle_pack.jpg

Edited by commanderneyo