KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

on the geonosian starfighter it looks like comander cody has a new helmet, or is it a new clone comander?

here is the picture i found it on by zoming in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54920011@N06/5292312697/sizes/z/in/photostream/

Looks like regular cody to me. On the other hand, is Darth Maul's lightsaber handle finally the right size? If you look where he's holding the handle, the rest of the sabre is longer than the top part. Might just be the angle though. Also great to finally have a flesh Padme.

Looks like regular cody to me. On the other hand, is Darth Maul's lightsaber handle finally the right size? If you look where he's holding the handle, the rest of the sabre is longer than the top part. Might just be the angle though. Also great to finally have a flesh Padme.

At least from the prelim pics, It's not. This pic shows it pritty clearly - it's just standard :wink:

I still can't tell wether it's cody or not, but this pic is fairly clear.

Is it just me, or does the new Watto have short legs. That would make Obi-Wan the only tall person in the set! Everyone else is short-legged.

About Cody...If it is him in the Geonosis fighter, than nothing has been changed. At least not yet. It's probably Cody as it looks so much like him. No helmet change though, it even looks as though is visor is gray not black. (like Capt. Rex in Battle for Geonosis) Hopefully we can get a better look at the other figures in that set. (Ki-Adi-Mundi and the Geonosian)

At least from the prelim pics, It's not. This pic shows it pritty clearly - it's just standard :wink:

I still can't tell wether it's cody or not, but this pic is fairly clear.

There the same picture of the Sith Infiltrator :classic:

I thought these pictures would be gone by now since that happened with the winter preliminary...

sorry about that i guess i should have looked for bigger pictures before thinking that it was not cody. in episode 1 at the podrace anikian was cheered on by one of his freinds that looked like greedo, what if that minifig is that kid?

Ooh, very sleek. Somehow the cockpit area looks wrong, though. :sceptic: Definitely one of the best I've seen from BM, though.

sorry about that i guess i should have looked for bigger pictures before thinking that it was not cody. in episode 1 at the podrace anikian was cheered on by one of his freinds that looked like greedo, what if that minifig is that kid?

That would be Wald.

Is it just me, or does the new Watto have short legs. That would make Obi-Wan the only tall person in the set! Everyone else is short-legged.

About Cody...If it is him in the Geonosis fighter, than nothing has been changed. At least not yet. It's probably Cody as it looks so much like him. No helmet change though, it even looks as though is visor is gray not black. (like Capt. Rex in Battle for Geonosis) Hopefully we can get a better look at the other figures in that set. (Ki-Adi-Mundi and the Geonosian)

Hmm, he does. Interesting observation, thought I would have preferred Watto with normal legs.

Oh, and you're wrong, apparently Rex comes with grey Clone gear, according to a review. Personally, I don't like grey armour. Even if they're not going to use black armour, couldn't the blasters at least be black? It's something that's disturbed me for a while, so I'm thinking of de-ranking a Clone to fix that. :tongue:

I like my mini/midi slave 1 better, I made it out of my own parts with inspiration from a moc on this site i believe. And IMO it looks much better then this one, with all legal connections.

Hmm, he does. Interesting observation, thought I would have preferred Watto with normal legs.

He's much more accurate with the short legs. In the movies, he's really short, so this is nice IMO :thumbup:

Oh, and you're wrong, apparently Rex comes with grey Clone gear, according to a review. Personally, I don't like grey armour. Even if they're not going to use black armour, couldn't the blasters at least be black? It's something that's disturbed me for a while, so I'm thinking of de-ranking a Clone to fix that. :tongue:

Agreed. I think Cody would be much better with a black visor anyways.

Or an orange one :tongue:

I wonder why Lego can't make different colours of the armour, is it because they aren't generic enough?

Then the guns would be orange :hmpf:

I think Lego should just package the visor separate from the rest of the ARC gear, so it could be a different colour.

He's much more accurate with the short legs. In the movies, he's really short, so this is nice IMO :thumbup:

Agreed. Sand blue short legs... :wub:

I wonder why Lego can't make different colours of the armour, is it because they aren't generic enough?

One word: money. We'd all love an accurate orange visor for Cody, but no other minifig would use it, it would only be in two sets, and most kids wouldn't know the difference.

One word: money. We'd all love an accurate orange visor for Cody, but no other minifig would use it, it would only be in two sets, and most kids wouldn't know the difference.

I'm pretty sure kids can tell the difference between ugly and not ugly.

I'm pretty sure kids can tell the difference between ugly and not ugly.

Just because it's wrong doesn't make it ugly. We might think it looks ugly, (and in this case IMO it doesn't, it's just inaccurate) but they might not. If TLG can please them with one less molding run, then they can make more money, the kids get their minifig, and the parents might not have to pay so much. Everyone benefits, except for those of us who want it to be totally accurate.

On-topic: The more I look at that Slave 1, the worse it looks to me. It just doesn't look Slave 1-ish. I don't know why. :sceptic:

Just because it's wrong doesn't make it ugly. We might think it looks ugly, (and in this case IMO it doesn't, it's just inaccurate) but they might not. If TLG can please them with one less molding run, then they can make more money, the kids get their minifig, and the parents might not have to pay so much. Everyone benefits, except for those of us who want it to be totally accurate.

On-topic: The more I look at that Slave 1, the worse it looks to me. It just doesn't look Slave 1-ish. I don't know why. :sceptic:

I built it in LDD and like you said the cockpit area is just wrong. I tried this way of building it myself sometime ago after seeing it on a TLC mini creator helicopter. It's just too tall. That's the main problem with the Brickmaster-version. If you see it sideways you'll see. And also the guns suck, far too big for the scale determined by the wings.

Hmm, I guess so. His body is fairly long (I think?), so that's probably why it looks strange to me.

I think all Clones would look better with black armour. I know it's less accurate, though. An orange visor would be nice, but I'd be happy with black. Unfortunately, we get neither. :sceptic:

Guys, do you think Darth Maul can still wear a hood with those horns? I hope he can! It would add to his darkness...

Guys, do you think Darth Maul can still wear a hood with those horns? I hope he can! It would add to his darkness...

That would be impossible, considering the hood piece is specifically made to fit exactly on a minifig head. I think those horns will be a detachable headgear (like those of Aayla, Ahsoka, Shaak, and Saesee), so just remove the horns when you put in a hood (the horns are covered inside the hood anyway).

That would be impossible, considering the hood piece is specifically made to fit exactly on a minifig head. I think those horns will be a detachable headgear (like those of Aayla, Ahsoka, Shaak, and Saesee), so just remove the horns when you put in a hood (the horns are covered inside the hood anyway).

Well, I thought that too but there's always the chance they're making it one piece... technically it's the same as the Savage Oppress head, isn't it? Dunno if that one works with a hood. Anyway, good to hear you find it impossible. :laugh:

The Slave I looks okay.. I think the cabin should be built with one of these rather then what they used though.

To me it looks like a regular Commander Cody but these are prelims so you never know?

Yeah it looks like Cody but the fact that they're prelims means that he might not stay.