KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Is it me or does it seem like the frigate is much wider at the front than it should be?

It's just a perspective shot :wink:

Why should TLG release a non-playset?

It's LEGO...

And since we're sure it's neither UCS or midi-scaled then it's a playset for sure.

Yeah, I guess that did sound kind of stupid. I just prefer a ship I can realisticaly fit the minifigs in, like the shuttles, vs. something like the venator, where the minifigs and scenes were way out of scale with the exterior. That's what I don't like.

Mea Culpa!

Yeah, I guess that did sound kind of stupid. I just prefer a ship I can realisticaly fit the minifigs in, like the shuttles, vs. something like the venator, where the minifigs and scenes were way out of scale with the exterior. That's what I don't like.

Mea Culpa!

The problem with that is even with a small Corvette or frigate, true minifig scale would be massive, much larger than any UCS set that TLG has ever produced.

If you look at that pic, there is no letters or words surrounding it, no minifigures in a box next to it, and you can barely see the studs on it. Thats about as preliminary as it gets. My guess is lego is just starting thinking about Figs, and is still finalizing the design.

The problem with that is even with a small Corvette or frigate, true minifig scale would be massive, much larger than any UCS set that TLG has ever produced.

Agreed. I guess my personal preference is with smaller ships to make them as minifig accessible as possible, and if the ship is too big for that- I'd rather see it as a midi scale. If it can be done as a UCS, great.

All of the "smaller" ships we have suit me fine- even though I can't fit more than 2 in the Jedi Shuttle, I really like it. I don't care that I can't fit a whole astromech in the v-wing. Playability with those sets if fine for me (like I actually play with them...ummmm....) And I love my midi falcon and star destroyer.

It's just an uncomfortable mix for me when they take a good sized set of a large ship (like the Venator, or Tantive) and you lift the top off to have one or two minifig scale rooms. Like Leia's office.

Edited by Churchill

It's supposed to be the same ship, just gray and with a bunch of giant guns on the sides. Looking at the tiny picture and comparing it to my Consular (the old red one) the general shape is the same, but the cockpit looks slightly better. Unfortunately, it looks like we're getting another escape pod and they still didn't get the shape of the underside of the front of the ship right. Then again, this is still preliminary so it will hopefully look better as a final product.

There should be some differences, because the Ep. 1 Consular was a diplomatic cruiser with no armaments, while the CW one is outfitted with several turrets akin to the Tantive IV. That means TLG will probably squeeze flick-fires in somewhere. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I remember someone made a minifig-scale Tantive IV; it turned out 12 feet long as the largest LEGO Star Wars ship ever.

There should be some differences, because the Ep. 1 Consular was a diplomatic cruiser with no armaments, while the CW one is outfitted with several turrets akin to the Tantive IV. That means TLG will probably squeeze flick-fires in somewhere. :hmpf_bad:

Don't think so, the Tantive doesn't have any. And the Consular frigate has no guns big enough to load with a flick missile.

I'm really hoping for more pics from that catalogue...maybe we'll get some as an additional christmas present :D

Don't think so, the Tantive doesn't have any. And the Consular frigate has no guns big enough to load with a flick missile.

I'm really hoping for more pics from that catalogue...maybe we'll get some as an additional christmas present :D

Our version of Santa is a guy with access to the catalog, and a high-res camera :tongue:

Thank you for the frigate picture, to me it isn't too pleasing to the eye, it may be just the angle of the picture but...

And I also don't like the colour scheme... :sceptic:

Our version of Santa is a guy with access to the catalog, and a high-res camera :tongue:

I always find it funny that before Christmas of this year, we're already planning what to buy for next year. :laugh:

I always find it funny that before Christmas of this year, we're already planning what to buy for next year. :laugh:

I always Plan what to buy before so as I don't accidentaly Buy something else that stops me getting what I plan to buy :wink:

Yeah, but in Lego's eyes he might be a Bad Santa.....I think he is an actual retailer/dealer that also sells figures on their own....just look carefully at one of the pictures....the book was photographed on a display case with a reasonabliy clean price tag on a minifig....an odd repeat cluster of figures - he must be a dealer.....so he must be careful right ? :wink:

Keep on hoping for more pictures..... :grin:

Yeah, but in Lego's eyes he might be a Bad Santa.....I think he is an actual retailer/dealer that also sells figures on their own....just look carefully at one of the pictures....the book was photographed on a display case with a reasonabliy clean price tag on a minifig....an odd repeat cluster of figures - he must be a dealer.....so he must be careful right ? :wink:

Yeah, if I was him, I would seriously consider a clean, white, anonymous background.

Lets hope he does post the rest of the pics, though. :grin:

The guy said he was in a toy store, and he secretly took pics/ a video.

Well, nice to finally see the frigate, but now I'm almost certain it's out of my price range. Oh well...

This is in reference to this years MF. Do you people think it is going to be with Lando and Nien Numb, or Han and the gang?

Because I think it is a toss up, it could be a ROTJ one at the DS2 or it could be ANH/ESB anywhere in the movies

What do you guys think? But I digress :sadnew:

Sorry... I just read something about this...

Edited by Matiam92

This is in reference to this years MF. Do you people think it is going to be with Lando and Nien Numb, or Han and the gang?

Because I think it is a toss up, it could be a ROTJ one at the DS2 or it could be ANH/ESB anywhere in the movies

What do you guys think? But I digress :sadnew:

Sorry... I just read something about this...

Wait, whaddaya mean? Do you know something about this set?!

I haven't really paid attention to Star Wars in the recent past, so forgive me if I am wrong, hasn't that frigate already been realeased? Just in a different colour.

I haven't really paid attention to Star Wars in the recent past, so forgive me if I am wrong, hasn't that frigate already been realeased? Just in a different colour.

Yeah, It had Qui-Gon Jinn, but I am guessing they are going to make it Clone Wars like :thumbdown:

Wait, whaddaya mean? Do you know something about this set?!

No I read back ten pages and saw that my question was already asked by someone else... I know nothing on the topic

Edited by Matiam92

Yeah, as the Radiant VII from Ep. 1. (all red)

http://www.youtube.com/user/smartwii

Found this to go along with the frigate pictures....

Evidently that pic of the frigate was just a thumbnail under under licensed themes, so I guess since it wasn't next to Kingdoms we won't get any more SW out of that video and picture.

Another grey ship :thumbdown:

The old frigate has a beautiful color scheme with red and white. The one we see in episode II is white with some red and all the different frigates we see in CW are white too.

Why another grey ship???? :hmpf_bad:

Another grey ship :thumbdown:

The old frigate has a beautiful color scheme with red and white. The one we see in episode II is white with some red and all the different frigates we see in CW are white too.

Why another grey ship???? :hmpf_bad:

It might be changed to white as it is still preliminary..i think..

It's light grey because during the Clone Wars, they actually were light grey.

Observe:

RepublicC70Frigate-TCW.jpg

RepFrig_multiview.jpg

Republic_frigate.jpg

The last image is actually of the Clone Wars

another mystery solved! you're welcome ;-)