Sign in to follow this  
Athos

KK2v3 Accessories

This thread at classic castle has some nice pictures of the new armor and shield designs from the KK2v3 line. And as a pretty harsh KK2 basher, I must say these accessories look good. What KK2 should have been from the start.

Steve

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! These are great shields and armours!!!! I can't wait to buy the new ones (I mean, if I bought the first ones, and now after the Great Vladek's Fortress, these sets are a Must-buy ones)

I agree that these represent how the line should had started back in 2004.......but, what the hell, these are great!!!! *knight*

:'-) :'-) :'-) :'-)

- All of the armour: ESPECIALLY The Black w/ Chain mail Pattern: Now THATS awesome. I give that armour piece 14 mutant thumbs up, and all the other ones get at least 2 (the red and green look a little silly but I'm sure some people could make it look GOOD.

- The return of the classic Grilled Helms : its getting better!

This rocks! The sets are looking not bad too... well... actually they look like crap but they have some DECENT pieces now. I pray these sell well so Lego knows to keep getting better.

Wow, those are really nice if you guys looked at them all. Well I like them thanks for sharingl.

Wow those are awesome! I like those 'classic' shield a lot. The skittle knights shields...meh....

The armor also is a lot better then the original KK2 armor. I have all of those and they aren't useful for MOCs because the colors are too flashy. These look pretty useful though :-D

Damn, now I'm going to have to add all the new castle sets to my 2006 wishlist...

This year is turning out to be expensive... :\

X-D

These are a big improvement on the KKII designs (which I am no fan of).

Still, there are a few odd things here. THe most obvious is that the armour has chainmail printed on it, making it look like an arming doublet (the garment worn under the breastplate). This would have actually been an amazing Torso print! The chainmail print being on the surface of the armour isn't my cup of tea, but it certainly beats the colourful space heraldry of KKII yr 2, or the futuristic patterns of yr. 1.

The heraldry I like. Its far less modern looking, and seems like it will be easier to integrate into a more traditional collection of bricks.

Later.

I can see the shields integrating into the traditional pieces without too many problems, but will the coloured armour integrate as well? There may be a contrast between the colours making the armour stand out more than it should. The castle MOCers will have to experiment and take pictures once these pieces become available to them.

Does anyone else think the new Red Armour could be used to make some nice Roman Army MOC's... It could have potential.

I just *wub* those Pearl Dark Gold Armors ! I really want some of them ;-)

I am not a KK fan but the upcoming sets are way better than the previous ones ! They come with great parts and great new colours !!

*yoda*

These are a big improvement on the KKII designs (which I am no fan of).

Still, there are a few odd things here. THe most obvious is that the armour has chainmail printed on it, making it look like an arming doublet (the garment worn under the breastplate). This would have actually been an amazing Torso print! The chainmail print being on the surface of the armour isn't my cup of tea, but it certainly beats the colourful space heraldry of KKII yr 2, or the futuristic patterns of yr. 1.

This sums up my feelings so had to be repeated ;-)

God Bless,

Nathan

I really like the look of these new patterned armours and shields. This one looks like the best out of all of them..

Armor%20black%20pattern.jpg

They will be able to be into much better use than the stupid designs of the other ones.

Shield%20dragon.jpgbb144pb03.jpg

See what I mean! :tongue:(left = new, right = old)

Jon.

Does anyone else think the new Red Armour could be used to make some nice Roman Army MOC's... It could have potential.

Roman Army you say Mr Sting? To depict Legionnaire that looked like this?

Legion1.JPG

Roman Army you say Mr Sting? To depict Legionnaire that looked like this?

Legion1.JPG

Yes, I know its not a perfect match but it could work okay!

Gold armor + black hip + gold helmit + black visor (1990's) + black cape = very cool looking

Yes, but is there a set that contains a helmet in dark gold to match the armour? It would certainly be nice, but thus far I don't see a set that includes such a piece. Does anybody know if one of this year's Knights will have a gold helmet?

Later.

Gold armor + black hip + gold helmit + black visor (1990's) + black cape = very cool looking

Yes, but is there a set that contains a helmet in dark gold to match the armour? It would certainly be nice, but thus far I don't see a set that includes such a piece. Does anybody know if one of this year's Knights will have a gold helmet?

Later.

I just purchased a few of the dark tan helmits. Though not a perfect match, it'll go well enough with the armor. Definitely General material. How'd he get the plain gold armor anyway? Does a set come with that, or did he brasso some?

How'd he get the plain gold armor anyway? Does a set come with that, or did he brasso some?

Battle of the Pass comes with some, I think one or two. Its obvious from the Toyfair pics.

How'd he get the plain gold armor anyway? Does a set come with that, or did he brasso some?

Battle of the Pass comes with some, I think one or two. Its obvious from the Toyfair pics.

Link me to pictures?? Please.

Link me to pictures?? Please.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1620076

*Sings "Oh happy day"*

Oh, and thanks to Tilius for the pic. ;-)

About a golden helmet- yes, I would like to see one, but of what I know, there doesnt seem to be any. We are getting a dark green, dark red and red motorcycle/base helmet, it seems.

Wow!!! That wall part looks incredlbe! Do we get everything included in that picture - which means a very long wall that almost looks pretty dang good... looks like it comes with lots of weapons and lots of quarter turret pieces! I must say I am pretty impressed by this!!!

Thanks for the pic!

Well, I finally got the gold armor, and tan helmit, it works nicely. It also became my first avatar ;-) If anyone has questions I can answer them

Well, I finally got the gold armor, and tan helmit, it works nicely. It also became my first avatar ;-) If anyone has questions I can answer them

That is looking very mighty... it looks very "Champion Crusader". Im really diggin' it. Love these new accesories!