KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

4210531696_d60b699de4.jpg

Is that a chrome-silver lightsaber hilt Luke is holding? Tho' Ben's looks more like pearl.

Kim_T added the ARC and the Swamp Speeder to the TCW series, but I think, they´re RotS-Sets, cause the figures have point-eyes and no creepy TCW-eyes. In the Swampspeeder is a phase II Clonetrooper, so I´m sure, that the Sets are no clone wars sets. And there´s also the 5th anniversary of the 3rd Star Wars Episode this year.

Let´s see, were Lego add the new sets, to be sure.

Of course they are PT sets, CW sets have the facial resemblences of their cartoon counterparts. And since TLC lists Anakins Jedifighter as OT, I guess we shouldn't give too much on TLCs listing.

Creepy faces like in the cartoon: CW

Dot eyes (former w/o pupils in flesh or yellow): OT, PT, AU

KimT, Bricklink officially lists the ARC and Tri-Fighter as ROTS sets. We'll just have to wait to see what Lego opens up on their site. I honestly think that ROTS is a separate line though.

I feel that the gap dividing CW and the rest is shrinking, more and more of the standard Star Wars characters are ending up with even more facial details than say even 3 years ago.

Oh yeah if the ARC and Tri-droid are going to be ROTS - they'll be off my buying list - with Star Wars I only collect ep.IV and CW(tv).

Well I say good, the movies certainly isn't doing anything for new charters or new ships, all the OT and PT stuff is just rehash and different looking characters, I mean CW gave us uncle Ono, Rex, Rotta, Ashoka, gunroy, Thi Sen, Cad Bane and many more.

This may have already been brought up (I haven't been online for a while and find it hard to read all posts with the new format) but didn't rockinkurt say that there were six minifigs in the Slave I? I might have this wrong as well.

This Christmas I got THREE 2010 sets, the two battle packs and the Freeco speeder. All are ggreat, by the way.

Thanks for the pics I Scream Clone and ForceMaster :thumbup:

The more I look at it, the more I like lukes landspeeder. :wub: I hope its not overpriced in NZ. I love the Stormie w/black sholderbit. I'm thinking about getting less BP's than I originally thought. I just don't think I'll need many. I may get a pile of 7749 Echo bases instead, I actully prefer them. :sadnew:

Still not convinced on any either the Tri-fighter or Arc. I just can't decide. I'll wait and see I think. Nicely designed though :thumbup:

This SET, I have tried to make one. it reference some "8091"image

this~

*Snip*

A very nice try agi2007. :thumbup:

Good job!

I can't wait to get the swamp speeder, It looks soo good! :wub:

CommanderFox

I am guessing as they are up in NZ, and also AU, that they are out everywhere on S@H.

Lets not get onto price people, there is a thread, although your right, but the ARC is only $1AU cheaper than it is in NZ. but I am also guessing Kmart, Target and BigW NZ also do % off sales, so get them then.

Edited by DarthSion

I am guessing as they are up in NZ, and also AU, that they are out everywhere on S@H.

Lets not get onto price people, there is a thread, although your right, but the ARC is only $1AU cheaper than it is in NZ. but I am also guessing Kmart, Target and BigW NZ also do % off sales, so get them then.

Wow..they have gone up. Looks like it's time to wait for the sales again.

It appears that there are no ROTS sets for the first half releases of 2010, ARC-170 and Tri-Droid are called CLONE WARS by Lego S@H !

It appears that there are no ROTS sets for the first half releases of 2010, ARC-170 and Tri-Droid are called CLONE WARS by Lego S@H !

They are RotS sets, at least the Arc. CW sets use the same comic style on their minifigs as seen in the tv series.

What TLC lists on their page is nonsense. Has always been, will always be. They put Anakins Jedi Starfighter (CW) into OT, AU sets (BP) into OT, PT sets into OT, but the Midi Falcon (OT) into CW. Nonsense. Don't care about them.

Care about this:

-Dot Eyes: OT, PT, AU

-CW style: CW

Every set containing no minifigs or only droids that APPEARS in both PT and CW could be both, though.

Why would it be RoTS?

It's listed as Clone Wars on S@H and TLG should know as they design the sets in cooperation with George Lucas.

Plus is it really that important wether a set is Clone Wars or not?

Can't we just be happy about them as Star Wars?

Or isn't that "nerdy" enough? :tongue:

I am with KimT, who gives a stuff if its CW or RotS.

And still wrong, the ISP aka "swamp speeder" is out in February, so there may well be a RotS set, I don't see why they would, its only 5 yeas since RotS, this year was 10 years since TPM and they didn't do a set.

So many great mini figs - but jan's SW line up is really weak

I convinced myself it was more economical to get the snowtrooper battlepack then Veers and the new pilot sep from bricklink

...and then added the TIE Defender in too out of desperation

I know the January line up is always weak and the highlights come later - but surely it's not just me that feels a bit disappointed?

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

I know the January line up is always weak and the highlights come later - but surely it's not just me that feels a bit disappointed?

I was hoping I was wrong, but I share the same feelings. The summer wave looks amazing, and they post pics early just to tease us. The winter sets are not a complete flunk, but they are a HUGE disappointment. :cry_sad:

Out of luck, leftover money, and eavesdropping family members, I was able to scrape together all of the winter lineup over Christmas. I was not satisfied. :thumbdown: I think I will spend the most money this year on Atlantis.

Grievances aside, does anyone think that because we got the pictures so early, the Summer sets might be released even earlier than normal?

I was hoping I was wrong, but I share the same feelings. The summer wave looks amazing, and they post pics early just to tease us. The winter sets are not a complete flunk, but they are a HUGE disappointment. :cry_sad:

I disagree, definitly not a flunk and certainly not a disappointment. Two great battlepacks, the just-not battlepacks (speeder and tri-fighter) look good and the ARC looks great too. And the price aside even de TIE Defender is well designed, accurate.

Grievances aside, does anyone think that because we got the pictures so early, the Summer sets might be released even earlier than normal?

I think early june, like this year.

I wouldn't say they are a disappointment id say they are vastly overpriced, but thats not stopping me from buying the ARC-170. :classic:

Why would it be RoTS?

Cause the figures don't look like the CW style? They look like normal PT style.

And as I said right before, TLC put the Falcon into CW and Anakins Fighter into OT, and so on and on. Isn't it proof enough that we should not listen to their categories? Doesn't seem that there is careful detailed talk with Lucas about in which category they put a set. I don't think that an OT collector bought the obvious CW set 7669, just because it is listed wrong by TLC. Just my 2 cent.