KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Yup and so am I.

I guess it's the goold old.

If you can't find anything to be grumpy about, then find something and make sure you voice it out loud and clear :laugh:

The Wampa is exactly as should be, when made by TLG.

I hope Hasbro wont make it the same way, but to me this one is perfect LEGO-system-scale-and-design-wise.

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.

PLEASE STOP SHOUTING - YOU'RE HURTING MY EARS! :laugh::wink:

I think it's safe to say it's finalized.

That banner reeks of finalized product.

Sorry! :blush: But come on, even you told people to give it a rest!

And I didn't see that it was an official TLC poster, when I glanced at it it looked like a box, which is always getting changed, so it may not have been finalized... Really though, what's wrong with the Wampa?

And once again, anyone thing Cad's breathing apparatus looks a lot like the one for a fireman?

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.

I would say this is just as it has been always, and seem to continue year after year.

We get to see the new pics of new sets and alot of people start the rant like maniacs.

When finally the sets is out, reviews starts to be around, so many suddenly changes their mind.

Ending up getting it them selfs, and like in a strike of magic, they suddenly just loves it.

The ones who don´t like the Wampa go to BL and buy the big white ape.

I will even provide a link here!

This is a rumor thread!

Not a price rant, nore a thread of ranting the rumored sets.

It is all getting so cluttered with all that crap that I don´t waste time here anymore reading all posts.

I browse very quickly through all the posts and reads only the from the persons I know have something to say.

Back on topic:

I have liked the CTT since I first saw the pictures. It is an upgrade of the old one.

Also with minifigs that alot of us have wanted for a long time now.

The Wampa is so much better than the Yeti. I bought one to have arround til TLC would make one if ever.

Now they have, and I like it alot better than the Yeti.

Alot of us SW fans that have been around for several years have wanted one for so long now.

When we finally get one, I can do nothing else than like it very much.

Sure it might look a little to big in the pics seen so far. But than it means more details as well.

It is all getting so cluttered with all that crap that I don´t waste time here anymore reading all posts.

I browse very quickly through all the posts and reads only the from the persons I know have something to say.

Back on topic:

I have liked the CTT since I first saw the pictures. It is an upgrade of the old one.

Also with minifigs that alot of us have wanted for a long time now.

The Wampa is so much better than the Yeti. I bought one to have arround til TLC would make one if ever.

Now they have, and I like it alot better than the Yeti.

Alot of us SW fans that have been around for several years have wanted one for so long now.

When we finally get one, I can do nothing else than like it very much.

Sure it might look a little to big in the pics seen so far. But than it means more details as well.

You fully just read my mind.... :oh:

I post here far less than I used to, Simply due to the fact that There's to much to go over even when I check it a few times a day! Most annoying is the fact that that most if it is totally irrelavant to the thread's topic, I find it some what unfortunate. I think It was a good thing to get a Secound MOD here, it would be far too much work for just one...

I'm also loving the CTT. The more I look at it, the bigger it looks! I'm no fan of Cad, even though they did a great job on him. Aalya is just superb!

Agreed. I usually browse until I find an interesting comment, or when pics are released just browse til I find links to the pics. Sad, eh? And that's after 2 years of just lurking anyway!

I'm also loving the CTT. The more I look at it, the bigger it looks! I'm no fan of Cad, even though they did a great job on him. Aalya is just superb!

I have to admit, the same thing keeps happening to me. At first I didn't think it looked much bigger than any normal large set, but then I took another look at it and was awestruck for a moment. I also love the yellow sticker near the back, clearly visible in the sneaky picture. All I hope for is that the front and back wheels are connected better this time around. I remember on the old model mine would always fall off.

As far as Cad Bane is concerned, I love the figure, it's just the smile looks a little goofy to me. I tried to see the same smile in the screenshot from the show, but he looks so much more evil in that screenshot then he does on the CTT Poster. It's cool though, I love the minifig, and I'm glad they made one of him (like they weren't going to anyway, eh? :tongue: ).

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but I was on Brikipedia and I found the 2010 Summer sets images without the confidential stamps/stickers, or whatever they are. So I think it's alright if we post it on the first page with all the other info.

Here :wub:

EDIT: For Grievous' Starfighter it mentions the name EV-A4-D for that medical Droid.

Edited by Cloney

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but I was on Brikipedia and I found the 2010 Summer sets images without the confidential stamps/stickers, or whatever they are. So I think it's alright if we post it on the first page with all the other info.

EDIT: For Grievous' Starfighter it mentions the name EV-A4-D for that medical Droid.

Too bad they're not final and clearer, I really want to see the figs up close. :sceptic:

I think those are the same images with the confidental markings on them. They just either photoshoped it like they did on the toy story western train chase.

For example, if you look closely at 8093 plo koon starfighter in the middle of the box, you can still see very faint confidental marking on it. Some of them are harder to see though.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:8093-PublicPreview.jpg

Yeah they look like modified "confidential" "Preliminary" pictures.

But thanks for the link Cloney :thumbup:

Though we've seen them before with the "prelim" stamp, seeing them without it, makes it easier to evaluate the sets.

I think those are the same images with the confidental markings on them. They just either photoshoped it like they did on the toy story western train chase.

For example, if you look closely at 8093 plo koon starfighter in the middle of the box, you can still see very faint confidental marking on it. Some of them are harder to see though.

Yeah, the Toy Story train was pretty obvious...

These are harder, though I agree that there is something fishy about Plo Koon's Starfighter.

Let's wait a few days, if they're gone, then they're definately photoshopped :laugh:

Edited by KimT

Yeah they look like modified "confidential" "Preliminary" pictures.

But thanks for the link Cloney :thumbup:

Though we've seen them before with the "prelim" stamp, seeing them without it, makes it easier to evaluate the sets.

Yeah, the Toy Story train was pretty obvious...

These are harder, though I agree that there is something fishy about Plo Koon's Starfighter.

Let's wait a few days, if they're gone, then they're definately photoshopped :laugh:

Well, the pictures are gone now. It's not like I missed much though. :tongue: I think the Wampa's horns are Taun Taun's horns... that makes me happy. I wonder if it has a play feature like the giant rock monsters. Does anyone know?

Perhaps there's also a feature to drop Luke from the ice cave, and not just a spring-up lightsaber function.

They were just the same prelims as we've seen floating the internet for the past months.

Nothing final, nor anything we haven't seen.

So no loss in them being gone.

I suspected that they'd disappear pretty fast as meddling with copyrights in that way is kinda illegal :laugh:

DashRendar2 from www.imperiumdersteine.de bought a new superpack in a german Toys´R´us store. Set includes 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder and the two TCW 2009 Battlepacks. With 59,99�‚� for the bundle you get the two BPs for 15�‚� each and the Swamp Speeder for only 29,99�‚� instead of 36,99�‚�.

66341a.jpg

66341b.jpg

66341c.jpg

A combo pack with an exclusive set? Well it is an exclusive combo pack, so! :tongue: That's very interesting. Too bad I have them all, the box looks neat. I wonder why they paired a brand new set with two old ones. Maybe they all had to be Clone Wars?

DashRendar2 from www.imperiumdersteine.de bought a new superpack in a german Toys�R�us store. Set includes 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder and the two TCW 2009 Battlepacks. With 59,99€ for the bundle you get the two BPs for 15€ each and the Swamp Speeder for only 29,99€ instead of 36,99€.

66341a.jpg

66341b.jpg

66341c.jpg

Is it available at just the German TRU, or is it everywhere? :sceptic:

Plus it seems odd 4 phase I clones with 1 phase II clones.

Edited by RocketClone

Thanks for the pictures!

Surprising composition. :look: Assassins Droids on Felucia?! Clone Wars time warp with Episode III?! :wacko:

I need a nap...

Is that legit, how come we are just hearing about this now, and I don't think TLC would pair phase 1 clones with phase 2 clones... or would they? :wacko:

I'm sure someone brought this up already, but they should have made the right arm detachable just below the shoulder...

Bad jokes aside, I do like the Cad Bane fig and I think I NEED a few more female Jedi figs, being as I didn't get em when they first came out. I've been more of a "parts hound" over the last year, but I think I'm gonna be gettin' some more sets this time around.

Is that legit, how come we are just hearing about this now, and I don't think TLC would pair phase 1 clones with phase 2 clones... or would they? :wacko:

If it weren't "legit", than we wouldn't be looking at it. :tongue: It may not be in every country though, obviously not every store.

I'm sure someone brought this up already, but they should have made the right arm detachable just below the shoulder...

Bad jokes aside, I do like the Cad Bane fig and I think I NEED a few more female Jedi figs, being as I didn't get em when they first came out. I've been more of a "parts hound" over the last year, but I think I'm gonna be gettin' some more sets this time around.

That isn't really a bad joke, it's actually a good idea! I doubt it, but maybe the arm comes a part. Either way, the arms are still detachable, so you can still do as best as you can to recreate the scene.

I wonder why they paired a brand new set with two old ones. Maybe they all had to be Clone Wars?

I guess they wanted to sell a few extra-BPs. Also, the same thing happened with Vaders TIE and the Rebel/Stormie BPs last year.

Is it available at just the German TRU, or is it everywhere? :sceptic:

I guess it will be available in a few more countries, like the Vader TIE & Rebel/Stormie BP Bundle, but for now it´s only in Germany.

how come we are just hearing about this now

Vader TIE & Rebel/Stormie BP Bundle wasn´t announced before the retail start, too.

That 3 in 1 is pretty cool but I would rather have the whole box for the swamp speeder.

Hmm... That's a pretty cool cobo, but it's wierd having P1 and P2 clones in the same set.

That 3 in 1 is pretty cool but I would rather have the whole box for the swamp speeder.

I think a better box art would be to have them all in all out battle, instead of normal box arts.

I hate when Lego bundles sets that don't really go together. A set with a Phase II Clone Trooper that isn't really CW and then 2 CW BP's that include Phase I Clone Troopers? Personally I am not a fan of that.

PLEASE STOP JUDGING THE WAMPA JUST BY THESE PICTURES. IT STILL MAY NOT BE FINALIZED. :hmpf:

I would assume that these are as final as they're going to get. It takes a long time to get a finalized mold, and then starting production also takes a long time.

I would say this is just as it has been always, and seem to continue year after year.

We get to see the new pics of new sets and alot of people start the rant like maniacs.

When finally the sets is out, reviews starts to be around, so many suddenly changes their mind.

Ending up getting it them selfs, and like in a strike of magic, they suddenly just loves it.

To be honest, I usually give sets the benefit of the doubt. However, I'm not a fan of the Wampa for a few reasons:

250px-wampa.jpg

wampa.jpg

This is not the shaggy monster we see in Ep. V. This looks more like a big poofy dog. :sceptic:

I hate when Lego bundles sets that don't really go together. A set with a Phase II Clone Trooper that isn't really CW and then 2 CW BP's that include Phase I Clone Troopers? Personally I am not a fan of that.

Personally I'm a fan of whatever gives me a discount on an expensive set. :tongue:

This is not the shaggy monster we see in Ep. V. This looks more like a big poofy dog. :sceptic:

It NEEDS bloodstains from the mouth down.

When I get it I'll be covering it with real fur...