KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Wow! Great new Minis! I'll have to get them both. The use of flickfires for guns seems very innovative. The X-wing looks better than the Nu-Shuttle though. Does anyone know how the guns attach to the poles on the Nu-Shuttle? It looks like a lightsaber plunger bar and a joystick magically stuck together. Perhaps there is another piece, but from the angle it's hard to tell.

EDIT: Perhaps these will be exclusives that will be released to go with the old UK only minis?

Edited by Darth Legolas

Wow, thanks for that, whung! :oh:

They look amazing for mini sets. And they're in the 300XX range (and not the 200XX one), which means that they're regular mini sets and not BrickMaster sets. :sweet:

And it also says "use source code EAS10" when signing up for the LEGO Club on the US version of the instructions for the X-wing, which means that they're Easter mini sets at Targets in the US! :sweet:

The flick-fire missile pieces work very well on the X-wing, and it's a great way to stock up on them with these sets, too! There's eight in each! :oh:

That mini Republic Attack Shuttle is way too awesome. It's very accurate and just too cool. :cry_happy:

Edited by ILikePi

My bad.

I listed them as Brickmaster on the Frontpage.

It should have been regular instead.

Sorry about that.

My bad.

I listed them as Brickmaster on the Frontpage.

It should have been regular instead.

Sorry about that.

So are these minis going to be available everywhere or are they going to be exclusives, which everyone hates because nobody can get them? I know this topic isn't about availability, but do we know anything about them?

On topic: KimT, with your vast LSW knowledge, do you think TLG will change the (hideous) cockpit on Greivous's fighter? I'd really like some info on that. :grin:

Edited by Darth Legolas

I don't think they'll change much.

The special cockpit part is definately staying - why else would they use that particular one?

The minis will probably be Target specials and perhaps we'll have another Daily Mirror round- now that GB is a targeted market zone by TLG.

The special cockpit part is definately staying - why else would they use that particular one?

The minis will probably be Target specials and perhaps we'll have another Daily Mirror round- now that GB is a targeted market zone by TLG.

Is there still any hope that it's simply a prototype piece. I'm sure they'll use a new cockpit, but Lego will throw away every ounce of accuracy in Star Wars they've ever built up to by using that thing!

GB wasn't always a targeted marketing zone?

Also, why would Lego release a poster with the minifigs from the supposed Imp Base so soon? Will it be a spring release like the LAAT/C and AT-OT, to be revealed at a convention, or did they put the minifigs on early by accident?

There's a CON coming up in February.

Perhaps they'll release something there - if not, then it's definately a mistake.

Why wouldn't AT-AT drivers come with it? Wouldn't they have drivers that could drive anywhere?

I did not mean that there won't be any AT-AT Drivers included. I only doubt that we'll see two AT-AT Drivers included.

Including ewoks and rebels would be pretty cool. I would love to see some sort of ewok contraption like they use in ROTJ.

That's a great idea, Roncanator! :thumbup:

But since it'll be a regular sold set and no Exclusive and since there surely won't be more than four minifigs included (like in the last versions) I regrettably fear that we'll see that much additional stuff included. Maybe we even only get two At-AT Drivers, the new Imp. Officer and one Stormtrooper. :sadnew:

Well, let's see. I hope that at NY Toy Fair it will be revealed.

Okay, I'm going to answer this one just to lessen the confusion.

AT-AT: NOT UCS, biggish, and the difference is that another Hoth AT-AT would appear like the motorized one, which it is NOT.

It would be very confusing for people, and sale lessening, for most owuld see just oh a hoth at-at, not getting that, but an ENDOR one

shows a difference, which is good considering it is NOT motorized. And don't get set on a Yoda anytime before nest year.... (no, probably not going to be Dagobah though.)

Thank you very much for this information, rockinkurt13! :classic:

It's great to hear that it is not motorized since imo motorization is imo needless and only boosts the price.

Like it was already mentioned, the reason behing the AT-AT being not Hoth but Endor is supposably only because it so goes very well with the exclusive 10212 (which hopefully will include not an UCS Shuttle but a regular shuttle and the base).

Do you think that 10212 will be revealed at NY Toy Fair, too?

Klaus-Dieter

Photo of 30050 and 30051

30050 Republic Attack Shuttle

30050.jpg

Instruction is available in lego.com:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4584066.pdf

30051 X-wing

30051.jpg

Instruction:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4584068.pdf

Or

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4586863.pdf

I don't get Brickmaster, so i could care less, but that's a NICE X-wing.

Agreed. A good use of stickers could make it look much better, though.

KimT, have you seen any new pictures of the new Aayla Secura 'fig?

No.

Should I? :sceptic:

Be patient, it's not like KimT knows everything (but he does know almost everything :grin:).

If there isn't any news on something, then there probably isn't any news on something. Someone who saw a new thing wouldn't just wait until someone else asks before posting the thing he/she saw!

And anyways, we'll see final (or close to final) designs for the sets at the annual New York Toy Fair in February 14-17. :wink:

And anyways, we'll see final (or close to final) designs for the sets at the annual New York Toy Fair in February 14-17. :wink:

But just over a month is so long to wait.... :laugh:

Citizen in exsactly a month! YAY!

Edited by The Legonater

On S@H, if you go on the Swamp Speeder, for the availibilty, it says "Backorders accepted, expected ship date January 19, 2011". Why would it's expected ship date be in 2011? Could it be a typo perhaps?

On S@H, if you go on the Swamp Speeder, for the availibilty, it says "Backorders accepted, expected ship date January 19, 2011". Why would it's expected ship date be in 2011? Could it be a typo perhaps?

Yeah its probably just a typo. I wouldn't be alarmed.

Good, I ordered the Swamp Speeder so it will be here soon. I don't know if it will be on the 19 because I ordered it when it said available now so it might not be a backorder. I might do a review. :sadnew:

I just wanted to share my badly taken picture of some of my new arrivals.

th_79157_IMG_1375_122_1045lo.JPG

I am loving the Freeco Speeder, Anakin is great.

The Swamp Speeder comes in a ridiculously huge box for the size of the model, but Barriss makes the set and the price well worth it.

The Landspeeder is my favourite, I just love the Sandtrooper and I've finally got hold of a C-3PO!

I've still got the Defender and Tri-Fighter, along with the BPs to build but the ARC didn't arrive. :(

I'd like to say sorry to the ARC fighter

it's so much better (and bigger) than the last - finally corrected the front section that always bothered me on the old one and the missiles actually work well to my surprise!

Infact the 2010 jan wave is growing on me, even the expensive swamp speeder is good and improves on the 05 version

guess 2010 maybe the year when u can't get much of an idea from a set untill I've held it - no matter how many reviews u have seen...

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

*snip*

Ooh, thanks for the comparison pic! It really shows how small the Republic Swamp Speeder is when compared to the other two sets. However, I can bet that Barriss will be worth a ton in the future, so maybe the set isn't such a bad investment!

Thats a really great comparison shot. I didnt really know how small the swamp speeder is but I dont mind because the minifigs make up for it. The freeco speeder and landspeeder seem to be about the same size.

th_79157_IMG_1375_122_1045lo.JPG

I am loving the Freeco Speeder, Anakin is great.

The Swamp Speeder comes in a ridiculously huge box for the size of the model, but Barriss makes the set and the price well worth it.

The Landspeeder is my favourite, I just love the Sandtrooper and I've finally got hold of a C-3PO!

I've still got the Defender and Tri-Fighter, along with the BPs to build but the ARC didn't arrive. :(

Please use a better image hosting site, like MOCpages, brickshelf, or flickr. The site you're using is a little wacky. Thank you for the picture though! If you have the old Swamp Speeder, I'd really appreciate a comparison photo! :cry_happy:

She should be cw-fig is she- and with blue hands i hope.

I'd like to say sorry to the ARC fighter

ARC is actually pretty good- but it should have had all 3 pilots instead of 2 and Fisto- however Fisto is a good addition.

Edited by Swash Buckler

Please use a better image hosting site, like MOCpages, brickshelf, or flickr. The site you're using is a little wacky. Thank you for the picture though! If you have the old Swamp Speeder, I'd really appreciate a comparison photo! :cry_happy:

I think i can help with that! :classic:

8091-1.jpg

7260b2.png

Edited by RocketClone

I think i can help with that! :classic:

*snip*

Honestly they look about the same. One part of the old one is bigger, but the new one only seems to have about 50 more pieces. Thanks though!