KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I am surprised that noone said anything about a new Chewbacca in the Slave 1. With the new Toy Story arms and legs, Chewie could have those with a new mould for his body. :classic:

Edited by Jar Jar

I am surprised that noone said anything about a new Chewbacca in the Slave 1. With the new Toy Story arms and legs, Chewie could have those with a new mould for his body. :classic:

But that would be so wasteful! I can tell you for one thing, it's never gonna happen. Chewie's almost perfectly proportionate right now. The new Toy Story legs are already halfway up a regular minifig's torso. It's not like he's 3 times the size of humans.

And there wasn't even talk of a Cheiwie in thr Slave I anyway. They're a bit unrelated... :tongue:

:tongue:

But that would be so wasteful! I can tell you for one thing, it's never gonna happen. Chewie's almost perfectly proportionate right now. The new Toy Story legs are already halfway up a regular minifig's torso. It's not like he's 3 times the size of humans.

And there wasn't even talk of a Cheiwie in thr Slave I anyway. They're a bit unrelated... :tongue:

Have you heard of the figs?

Leia, Han, Vader, Boba, Chewie, etc. And actually he IS 3 times bigger than humans... :tongue:

But a new chewie mold is really unneeded at I like his mold. I wouldn't want him to be taller because he isn't that much taller and then you could argue that anyone who is taller should get longs legs.

The TIE defender still looks pretty average to me. There is nothing going for the ship which can be seen from the back of the box which has that the cockpit can open, flick fire missiles and its wings can spin. But the TIE pilot looks incredible! :wub:

The TIE defender still looks pretty average to me. There is nothing going for the ship which can be seen from the back of the box which has that the cockpit can open, flick fire missiles and its wings can spin. But the TIE pilot looks incredible! :wub:

Tottally the same here. It looks almost like the darth vader's tie fighter with loads of similar pieces. Only exception is that it got lots of wings and got the new tie fighter pilot.

:tongue:

Have you heard of the figs?

Leia, Han, Vader, Boba, Chewie, etc. And actually he IS 3 times bigger than humans... :tongue:

Thanks for the list, I never heard that before!

But, according woo Wookiepedia, the tallest a Wookie ever was was two meters, which is about 8 feet I think. I don't really know all the exact measurements.

The tallest human ever was 10 feet tall, but even so, the average human is five feet, so Chewbacca was even less than double the size of Han.

In short, he wasn't even close to 2X the size of Han, thus, the only thing that could really make a "proper height" Chewbacca minifigure would be putting two brown studs at the bottom of his feet, making him just a "minifig foot" taller than everyone else. Get it? Foot? :tongue:

Where have we seen that Chewie is coming with the Slave 1?

on the first page of this thread. For me they should all be the same. They are blocky, cube-shaped, lovely, happy things to play with and not accurate action figures or even collectors items.

on the first page of this thread. For me they should all be the same. They are blocky, cube-shaped, lovely, happy things to play with and not accurate action figures or even collectors items.

I know it's speculated but have we seen any oictures of this set with Chewie in it?

I know it's speculated but have we seen any oictures of this set with Chewie in it?

We've not seen any pictures of the Summer sets and are unlikely to for a while..

But certain sources on this site have seen them, and they were the reported minifigs. Considering they were 100% spot on for the early 2010 sets, I see no reason to doubt them for these ones either.

Ergg this is the Gnardian issue all over again. :sadnew:

Not really. Chewie's an important character. But even if he does come in the Slave I, I am willing to put my left foot on the fact that it'll be the same, good old Chewie we've had since 1999.

But a new chewie mold is really unneeded at I like his mold. I wouldn't want him to be taller because he isn't that much taller and then you could argue that anyone who is taller should get longs legs.

I fully agree on that :thumbup:

I agree, i am 100% happy with the old chewbacca minifigure, there isn't anything they should change with him, but on that note i would like to see boba fett have printed arms and legs again, that would be awesome.

Those SETS Are AWESOME!! I will buy like 3 or more Imperial Snow Trooper Battle Pack and i will make Colonial Marines :D and My commander Bacara ( clonearmycustoms.com ) will be their leader :D

I agree, i am 100% happy with the old chewbacca minifigure, there isn't anything they should change with him, but on that note i would like to see boba fett have printed arms and legs again, that would be awesome.

That could be a possibility. If the Slave I is UCS or "special edition," lego could print Boba's arms again.

I just wish the thing comes with Lando, because I don't have one yet. :tongue:

Not really. Chewie's an important character. But even if he does come in the Slave I, I am willing to put my left foot on the fact that it'll be the same, good old Chewie we've had since 1999.

I know he is an important character but im just saying you don't want to get your hopes up.(even though i want one in that set really badly. :grin: )

Face it people, Im pretty sure we won't be getting a new Chewie, the current one is totally fine. :wink:

Me too, good old Lando I really need him!

I think printed arms on Boba might be a possibility. :wub:

CommanderFox

Me too, good old Lando I really need him

Hmm...... I don't have a Lando either.

I actually did have a Boba, but everything went missing except the legs.

That could be a possibility. If the Slave I is UCS or "special edition," lego could print Boba's arms again.

A Boba with printed arms and would be cool but Im just happy about getting him in the first place. I've got the Home one Lando but I so want him in his blue cloud city outfit

EDIT: Skyward has just posted in the star wars sets anyone? topic (linky) that he put up photos of the battle packs and freeco speeder on his flickr (flicky linky). They look incredible! Im so going to check my local toy stores to see if they have them in stock tomorrow!

Thanks heaps Skyward!

Edited by Roncanator

Great pictures :thumbup: Thats convenient that the freeco has a mini cargo hold. The little things are always nice. The Hoth snow troopers could substitute as a CAT (not a 'cat') and the launcher in the Battlepack is starting to grow on me, even if its a battlepack weapon. In "100_1474" , that makes me know why our stores never have sets on release day :tongue:

Here is a new very high-res ARC pic, reported on FBTB, with no watermark either. Enjoy, I'm pretty sure we've not seen it here before.

4175730070_4ae9c083d8.jpg

(pic is link to the very high-res page on Flickr.)

I'm not surprised that Kit does have the proper sand green hands, but I am a bit surprised that both Clones have the same torso, unlike in a picture where Jag had a new torso. Could this also not be the completely finalized version, or is the box just screwed up and the minifigure will have a different torso (it's happened before with boxart problems)? Only time will tell, I suppose.

Nice find, Cloney-o! Looks like sand-green hands for Mister Fisto, thank god! :classic: The ARC looks pretty good, but I would have much preferred a third ARC pilot rather than Fisto. Also not a big fan of the printed orange visors. The ship itself looks a little spindly, with a bunch of random holes and technic bits showing. Guaranteed a high price point, so right now it doesn't seem that appealing. :sceptic:

Here is also a link to it's TRU product page, where the price shows as $59.99 USD. However, TRU does sometimes push their price up after just a few days, and it's "out of stock" anyway. This could be a good sign for SW out in the US before Christmas, but let's take that discussion to the Availability thread and concentrate on pics here.