Artifex

10193 Medieval Village Market - How many are enough?

For custom designs, I mean.

I've seen how people around the forums seem to use many parts from this set, building houses, shops and villages and hamlets - so I ask: How many are enough? I know the answer is probably "as many as you need", but for a custom castle design, how many would you buy or how many would you use? For a stable, blacksmith or something like inside a castle, I mean?

Thanks in advance!

I have 12 or so. I feel in love with that set for its own sake as well as the truelly great parts selection.

1243022750m_SPLASH.jpg

Wow! That's awesome!

Do you use the parts much for castles and villages?

It depends on several things;

1. How big MOC are you planning to make?

2. What is the importance and room available for village?

3. Are you planning to use parts on your castle, and if so what parts? Pehaps bricklink can be a better alternative.

4. If the parts are used for shops, blacksmith, inn, stable and so on how big those buildings are going to be and can you use your current parts instead of buying $100 set. Also, bricklink might be better alternative.

It depends on several things;

1. How big MOC are you planning to make?

2. What is the importance and room available for village?

3. Are you planning to use parts on your castle, and if so what parts? Pehaps bricklink can be a better alternative.

4. If the parts are used for shops, blacksmith, inn, stable and so on how big those buildings are going to be and can you use your current parts instead of buying $100 set. Also, bricklink might be better alternative.

Hmm... Thanks. Those 4 little steps are really useful. They really got me thinking.

All i can say to this is that i'm glad i was able to even afford one set :tongue:

I havent even managed one yet ! Should have enough over the next couple of weeks to grab one. Hopefully do it before they get discontinued!

I really don't use parts from sets to build MOCs, I normally buy from bricklink. :classic:

Hope that helps. :sweet:

I have 12 or so. I feel in love with that set for its own sake as well as the truelly great parts selection.

1243022750m_SPLASH.jpg

:oh: ..........................How can you afford all of that, or, how are you not broke yet?

I absolutely love the set and think it's one of Lego's best values in years. The minifigs, the cows, the turkey, the great selection of parts. I think buying one is a great start if you want to use it for MOCs, then go from there. (If I could afford 12, I would definitely buy 12.) As it is, I'm trying to save up to buy a couple more soon in case they disappear.

All i can say to this is that i'm glad i was able to even afford one set :tongue:

I second that.

I ogled that set many times in the Lego catalog, but when I saw it for the first time in person I had to buy it on the spot. Great set, and one of my all time favorites. I don't plan on using any parts of it for anything other than to display in my ever growing castle diorama.

I have 5 MMV's. I wish I had more. It has the best part per price for any castle set made. the fact that I picked them up at 20% off during a convention just adds to the incredible value. The only bricks that are a little less useful are the medium blue bricks in the set. I don't like making a lot of buildings out of that color. The cows, food parts, and little extras are just great. The added bonus is that the villager minifigs are vital for MOCs that include civilian life.

Personally I find bricklink a somewhat expensive place to buy bulk brick. If I could find everything I wanted at one bricklink store it might not be bad... but I have to order from several stores every time I need parts. The shipping costs can be killer. I tend to buy specialty bricks and elements, large bricks, or special colors on bricklink.

I know not everyone has access to a lego store but... Whenever possible I try to buy cases of bricks from pick a brick at my local lego store. For any brick that is 1x4 or a 2x2 size or smaller this is by far cheapest way to buy them. If you need a lot of brick buy the whole case and do not put them in those plastic pick a brick cups. The cups are not as good of a deal. Since I build castles I buy many cases of light bley bricks and supplement with bricks from sets like MMV. Larger bricks like 2x4s and up I buy on bricklink. Unfortunately not all types or colors of bricks are available at pick a brick and I have to resort to bricklink often.

I second that.

I ogled that set many times in the Lego catalog, but when I saw it for the first time in person I had to buy it on the spot. Great set, and one of my all time favorites. I don't plan on using any parts of it for anything other than to display in my ever growing castle diorama.

That's my plans too. The problem is that i am running out of space to show off all of the more or less recent sets. :tongue:

I have 12 or so. I fell in love with that set for its own sake as well as the truelly great parts selection.

1243022750m_SPLASH.jpg

How much?! I barrely can afford on one... :cry_sad:

stupid Polish prices...