Latest (mini)project: the 1000-brick horsepower machine

veyron1.png

veyron2.png

veyron3.png

Rear wing up!

veyron4.png

veyron5.png

veyron6.png

And of course, minifg sits comfortably inside. The chassis of this one is based on my Grand Tourer

Comments? Suggestions? thanks!

Nice, very sleek.

One suggestion: maybe you should replace those gray slopes on the back with red ones.

And is that the Stig driving? :devil:

Really Nice job wooootles :thumbup:

With exotic and super cars in LEGO form it is so hard to capture their sleekness and curves because LEGO is naturally blocky.

That is why when 8402 Sports Car came out and when I built it, it just didn't feel like a sports car. And it is 4 wide.

One of my favorite LEGO sport car representations is this BSPorsche

It does look like the Bugatti Veyron :laugh: Normally it is also hard to render exact replicas in LEGO for the above reasons.

For suggestions, the rear hood looks a bit blocky to me. I think it rises a bit high, and needs a lower slope. :classic:

But overall a nice job :sweet:

Nice Veyron! The front sticks out a bit too much but I can see that it will be hard to try and fix it. Great job :thumbup:

Thanks guys :classic: I admit life will be easier for me if I did this in CREATOR car 8-wide body/6-wide windshield/cockpit. ah well.

One suggestion: maybe you should replace those gray slopes on the back with red ones.

The real Bugatti Veyron has those in chrome, so light grey stays (unless I find a badass chrome slope)

And yes, that's the one and only Stig.

the rear hood looks a bit blocky to me. I think it rises a bit high, and needs a lower slope.

I can probably knock down the entire back SNOT part a plate instead, that's probably the easiest fix that I can think of atm

The front sticks out a bit too much but I can see that it will be hard to try and fix it

With this style, it's impossible to push it back unfortunately. the 5-wide front is too limited IMO

Keep the comments coming guys, Ive seen that yellow Porsche as well, I like it a lot, and maybe I'll do my own take on that next (maybe hehe) :knight:

Looks great and you get the Veyron feel, I see you also got the test driver from top gear to be in the pics :classic:

Excellent job there 'wooootles' - but I do agree with 'Spyder' replace those grey pieces - then you have an AWESOME car !

I'm a conformist! always ! :sweet:

Thanks guys :blush:

I see you also got the test driver from top gear to be in the pics

I can;t find anyone else worthy enough to be in a Bugatti :skull:

but I do agree with 'Spyder' replace those grey pieces

Like I said, if I was going to replace it, it will be with a metallic silver, but otherwise light grey is the next best thing to be true to the actual Bugatti Veyron.

But funnily enough there IS a metallic silver curved slope on BL (a 1x3 instead of 1x4, but no biggie) ... maybe I can replace it with that :laugh:

Thanks again for the suggestions, even I'm taking in the mentioned ideas for my next non-imitation MOC car.

That is a really cool car there wooootles. When the pictures were still loading I thought it was a tiny turbo, (with the lines it was keeping) but when it loaded... Wow. Now all you need is to MOC is racing a jump jet!

bloggedct.png

This is fantastic - A Lego Veyron (assuming it's a veyron) with The Stig driving? Awesome.

I don't have a better suggestion, but the wing mirrors look rather clumsy. The red and black colour scheme is pretty cool - and keep the grey slopes in the back - red would look way too unrealistic. Perhaps the mirrors used herewould work better.

Edited by alstda

Thanks for the comments all!

I don't have a better suggestion, but the wing mirrors look rather clumsy. The red and black colour scheme is pretty cool - and keep the grey slopes in the back - red would look way too unrealistic. Perhaps the mirrors used here would work better.

Those 'mirror' pieces only come in 1x2 plates to my knowledge, so I can't replace what I have right now. As for the grey slopes, like I said above---the real Bugatti Veyron has silver scopes in the back, so they grey stays, no exceptions (unless I get my hands on metallic silver) :classic: