Sign in to follow this  
3m@ch

Don't want your Legos anymore? I'll take em

I'm a HUGE lego fan, but don't have many older sets, like the old trains, the ancient NASA sets, and I only have 1 power functions motor, and a cable. 3/4 of my legos are just plain legos. Not minifigs, not bionicles, and pretty lame. So, because the Goodwill in my area has rarely had legos, if you live nearish Atlanta GA, I'll take all that ABS plastic and put it to good use. I'd really appreciate it, and when you donate to Goodwill, you get a tax writeoff, so all you AFOLs can kick those D*mn taxes out the door. (who wouldn't love to do that?)

Heres the address

[address removed]

thnx in advance ;)

before anyone else can say this, I wouldn't count on anyone doing this. And also, not a great idea to reveal your address to the public. Just saying.

I'm a HUGE lego fan, but don't have many older sets, like the old trains, the ancient NASA sets, and I only have 1 power functions motor, and a cable. 3/4 of my legos are just plain legos. Not minifigs, not bionicles, and pretty lame. So, because the Goodwill in my area has rarely had legos, if you live nearish Atlanta GA, I'll take all that ABS plastic and put it to good use. I'd really appreciate it, and when you donate to Goodwill, you get a tax writeoff, so all you AFOLs can kick those D*mn taxes out the door. (who wouldn't love to do that?)

Heres the address

[address removed]

thnx in advance ;)

I hate to judge but how can you authorize a tax writeoff? Do you work for the Goodwill store? From your post it sounds like you want this LEGO for yourself. If that's the point and you plan on sending a tax write off, that is abusing your position at a goodwill store and could be against the law.

>_> you get a tax writeoff because when you donate stuff, they sell the stuff, and money from sellin stuff goes to charities and such, so to compensate, they give you a tax writeoff receipt, as SOLID proof that you donated and are eligible for the tax writeoff, and the posted address isn't my address, it's the address of the Goodwill in my area. :sceptic:

If this topic gets locked/deleted/flagged/etc. i dont mind. you won't know what's gonna happen unless you try! :classic:

Heres the address

thnx in advance ;)

They aren't called "legos".

>_> you get a tax writeoff because when you donate stuff, they sell the stuff, and money from sellin stuff goes to charities and such, so to compensate, they give you a tax writeoff receipt, as SOLID proof that you donated and are eligible for the tax writeoff, and the posted address isn't my address, it's the address of the Goodwill in my area. :sceptic:

If this topic gets locked/deleted/flagged/etc. i dont mind. you won't know what's gonna happen unless you try! :classic:

I understand how a copany can issue a tax write-off, I was just curious your position in all of this.

Do you work for the Goodwill company?

Will you be preparing the tax-write off?

Are these LEGO's for you, or to be sold in the goodwill store?

Also I'm not a moderator, I was just curious.

It's just unclear your intent. You start off saying you don't have much LEGO of your own and your local goodwill store never really has LEGO to sell. (Making me think you want to buy some)

Then you say you'll take our LEGO and put it to good use. (I can only assume you'll take it since that seems to be the point of the thread)

Then you say we will get a tax write-off form the Goodwill store, (what?????)

Even if Goodwill does give us a tax writeoff, I doubt anyone here would give away Lego.

I mean, c'mon, a Lego forum has to be the worst place to ask for free Lego! Can't you tell we're all crazy about it?

Heres the address

thnx in advance ;)

Seriously....this is a joke right? That's why there is a big smiliey face on the post right?

Who is this really?

Even if Goodwill does give us a tax writeoff, I doubt anyone here would give away Lego.

I mean, c'mon, a Lego forum has to be the worst place to ask for free Lego! Can't you tell we're all crazy about it?

Thats exactly what I was about to say. I mean, EB is where you'll find the most crazy Lego Fans, I think you should be asking for Megablocks at most :wink:

Thats exactly what I was about to say. I mean, EB is where you'll find the most crazy Lego Fans, I think you should be asking for Megablocks at most :wink:

Well I do have some i have been needing to get rid of and there is an address....

(I'm not really going to do that just to be clear)

Seriously....this is a joke right? That's why there is a big smiliey face on the post right?

Who is this really?

I first thought this was just a troll thread, but after reading his next post I think he's actually being honest, which makes the thread even funnier. :laugh:

I first thought this was just a troll thread, but after reading his next post I think he's actually being honest, which makes the thread even funnier. :laugh:

I am locking this thread.

I mean, come on.

Surely the fact you couldn't post in the appropriate forum should have been a clue that maybe you should have contacted someone before posting this in a clearly inappropriate place?

I have removed the address and will leave this thread here for the time being as an example of how NOT to post :wink: