Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

LEGO Prince of Persia Month - the Eurobricks Contest

Just a little question about the First Category.

You say "Expand the official universe by creating your own version of a LEGO Prince of Persia set. "

do we must understand that it must look like an official set ?

couldn't it be an UCS set ?

thanks for your answer !

?? no answer ?? please tell me !

I look forward to seeing more entries in Category 1 and Category 2 as the deadline looms closer...

I'm pretty much there with my entries for both those categories, just need to take photos. :wink:

Love some of those entries so far!

?? no answer ?? please tell me !

It does answer that in the rules :wink:

whatever you can imagine, and range in size from a chariot to a full UCS-style temple.... It should look like a set that LEGO might actually produce.

It does answer that in the rules :wink:

sorry, I'm french and just want to be sure to have understand the rules.

I've used translator to be sure...

we'll see, still few days ;)

Three quick questions: Would a sticker count as a part, would a thin string count as a part, and would an animal(ex:camel) count as a minifig? :sceptic:

Edited by greenskull139

Three quick questions: Would a sticker count as a part, would a thin string count as a part, and would an animal(ex:camel) count as a minifig? :sceptic:

No, a sticker wouldn't count.

A piece of string would.

A camel is NOT a minifig.

A camel is NOT a minifig.

What about a monkey?

Minifigs are minifigs.

Animals are animals.

Animals are not minifigs.

Simple!

Minifigs are minifigs.

Animals are animals.

Animals are not minifigs.

Simple!

I know you answered this before but I want it to be clear: If a minifig is holding a leash to an animal, and it is correctly attched and I put pieces on the animal, do those parts count?

Tell me if you need an example.

Edited by greenskull139

I know you answered this before but I want it to be clear: If a minifig is holding a leash to an animal, and it is correctly attched and I put pieces on the animal, do those parts count?

Tell me if you need an example.

The animal is not a minifig. The only exception is for minifig accessories or parts connected to figs.

The point of the rule is for people not to worry too much about figs or parts that figs are holding in terms of the maximum piece count - NOT to invent elaborate connections between figs and the rest of the entry to get round the piece count restriction.

another question please...

The rules say that only 3 pics 800*600 maximum.

My question is :

on one pic 800*600 is it possible to make a patchwork of 4 littles pics 400*300 ?

Thanks for your answer

oL

This is a great competition! I have just finished building an MOC for entry, unfortunately it is now dark and I find my photographs come out better in daylight even using flash. I did try taking some photos but was thwarted by exhausted batteries. To compound things, I am likely to be busy until Friday, so I'll probably have to wait till then.

I too am curious about a reply to lego-maniac's question - for example a patchwork is useful to show play features in zoomed in panels (like on the back of a Lego box).

Looking forward to showing off my entry :)

Oooh, looks interesting :pir_yoda: . #3 will probably be the most popular, from my speculation.

EDIT: If an animal is holding something, does it count as one part? Also, can you make more than one stall, just still part of one diorama?

Edited by ThatGuyWithTheBricks

I too am curious about a reply to lego-maniac's question - for example a patchwork is useful to show play features in zoomed in panels (like on the back of a Lego box).

You posted your entry before I answered the question :tongue:

Category 1 must have a 'main' image with just 1 picture of the overall set (for judging purposes).

The other 2 shots can be made up of smaller pictures, but the total number of distinct images can't be more than 5.

Eg, you could post 1 main pic, 1 alternate view, and a final shot with 3 small pics. Or you could post 1 main pic, a shot with 2 pics (eg showing a play feature) and another shot with 2 pics.

The purpose of the three shot rule is to show your entry clearly with a minimum of images, just as LEGO sets generally are. It is not to cram as many small pics into one frame as possible to avoid this rule.

Thanks for your answer Svelte !

The idea was (as it as been said) to show details as we can see in the back of lego box.

As I'm concerned, the moc is done, waiting for few minifgs and I'll take some pics this week.

Edited by lego-maniac

Ok so I looked in the "help" section to find out how to upload images in the size they should be and how I want them to be. Could you please post a link to the instructions or tell me on the comments, because I didn't find any thing to help.Thanks :grin:

Ok so I looked in the "help" section to find out how to upload images in the size they should be and how I want them to be. Could you please post a link to the instructions or tell me on the comments, because I didn't find any thing to help.Thanks :grin:

Well here is the Tutorials Index where you can find a tutorial to help you. :wink:

As I've now entered an entry to the Persian Version category, I noticed how the rules stated the entry must have one paragraph of description, but my entry has not only that but also a story for flavor as well.

So, does the rule mean only one paragraph, or are more paragraphs than one allowed? Mind you that I only have one paragraph describing the actual set while the story is only there to set the mood.

I will take out the story if it causes my entry to be disqualified, of course.

As I've now entered an entry to the Persian Version category, I noticed how the rules stated the entry must have one paragraph of description, but my entry has not only that but also a story for flavor as well.

So, does the rule mean only one paragraph, or are more paragraphs than one allowed? Mind you that I only have one paragraph describing the actual set while the story is only there to set the mood.

I will take out the story if it causes my entry to be disqualified, of course.

Don't worry about it! That rule is there to force people to put at least *some* descriptive text in their entries, I don't mind if yours is a little more expansive :wink:

Hey svelte, I got your message and if you check mine out, thats the best I could do :sceptic: . If I can't be qualified because the pics I will try more but I might not be able to :look: . I'll let you know.

Hey svelte, I got your message and if you check mine out, thats the best I could do :sceptic: . If I can't be qualified because the pics I will try more but I might not be able to :look: . I'll let you know.

Check the Tutorials index.

Alternatively upload to flickr, which resizes images automatically, and then choose an appropriate size to link.