posades

2010 Winter Olympics Thread

Already done. Last night an Alex Something won gold in downhill skiing. He was really happy. In second was an Aussie, who didn't look impressed at all.

Yep, Men's Moguls.

Hopefully Canada can get gold or at least a medal on their home turf. I'll for sure be keeping up with all Canada's games. Definitely going to need to watch out for the US, Sweden, Finland, and Russia though.

It'll be nice to see Canada get gold or silver. If they get bronze, it's not acceptable.

<br />It'll be nice to see Canada get gold or silver. If they get bronze, it's not acceptable.<br />

Last I heard, they we had one of each, putting Canada at third.

Canada is fifth at the moment, Switzerland is in the lead with 3 gold medals.

I'm talking about hockey, both Women's and Men's

Canada just got second place in Men's Snow Board racing, we were leading by quite a bit until aprox. the last 4 seconds. What a let down :sad:

Edited by Ratshot

Already done. Last night an Alex Something won gold in downhill skiing. He was really happy. In second was an Aussie, who didn't look impressed at all.

I'm hoping for Jon Montgomery to win some medals. He's in skeleton, and I know his sister.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant it would be nice to get a medal in hockey, seen as how our reputation of being hockey-crazy canucks is on the line! :tongue:

Canada just got second place in Men's Snow Board racing, we were leading by quite a bit until aprox. the last 4 seconds. What a let down :sad:

Sometimes it is better to be the guy just behind the leader and then you can plan your sneak attack at the finish.

Gah it sucks not having cable here at my apartment, I can't watch the sports live. :sad: Too bad I missed out on Snowboard Cross, that is one of my favorites. Nice to see the US doing well, hopefully they can win the overall gold medal count. :thumbup:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant it would be nice to get a medal in hockey, seen as how our reputation of being hockey-crazy canucks is on the line! :tongue:

I have a feeling that the hockey medals will end up being distributed between Russia, Canada, and the Czech Republic. Russia is my favorite for the gold...they're just LOADED. Of course, I'd love to see the USA get a medal...but I seriously doubt they have a chance :wink:

Can't wait for the games to start Tuesday deino2.gif

Sweden got it's second gold medal about one hour ago, Björn Ferry in the men's biathlon pursuit! :grin:

Now we are before Canada in the medal standings :tongue:

EDIT: Hm, not anymore. :hmpf_bad: Well, it was fun for a little while :tongue:

Edited by Etzel

Yeah! Another gold for Canada! That's gold in women's and silver in men's snowboard cross.

Posades, maybe it'd be a good idea to add medal standings, or a link to a website that has them in the first post?

Edited by Ricecracker

Yeah! Another gold for Canada! That's gold in women's and silver in men's snowboard cross.

I was gonna say that... Funny though, For YEARS Canada has never got a Gold at home, now they have two. We shuold put a monument on that mountain... ARGH! I remembered what it was five minutes ago! That was a chepskate win though; Two people fell and went off the course.

I wish the Olympics would use a point system for ranking medals. For example, gold could be three points, silver two, etc. Gold should take precedence but all other medals should not be disregarded.

Also, a big shoutout to Mexico's one man team. The underdogs deserve more coverage.

Posades, maybe it'd be a good idea to add medal standings, or a link to a website that has them in the first post?

Yep I'll do that, but I'll use ESPN's page just to be different from the other links you guys posted. :tongue:

I'm surprised Germany is doing so well, didn't know they had such a strong group of athletes for the Winter Games.

Third Canadian gold! Yes! Womens speed skating. That puts us at third. I'm currently watching the Canada/Swiss Hockey game.

Man from the little bits I've seen of this winter olympics, it looks incredible! :cry_happy:

Saw a glimps of the mens half pipe, some amazing moves there. :wub:

Also saw some ski crashes.... :blush: they where very funny.. :laugh:

CommanderFox

I think you mean tied for third :wacko: ...

No, the U.S. has 15, Germany has 11, Norway has 8, and we're tied with France with 7.

No, the U.S. has 15, Germany has 11, Norway has 8, and we're tied with France with 7.

Last time I checked we were tied in third... ah, well.