Iain

Lego Grand Emporium 10211 - Time Lapse

I managed to get one of the new Lego Grand Emproium sets over the weekend and have uploaded a video onto You Tube of me building it. Some of the film is in time lapse and this is my first attempt at something like this so I hope you like it.

Edited by Iain
Added direct link to youtube video

Looks great! Gee, it has a lot of parts and alot of bags! So many details which weren't evident from the pictures! Thanks for posting this!

BTW, what is the music?

Thank you so much for posting this. It was a very good time-lapse for your first outing. :] I especially loved seeing the interiors of the 2nd and 3rd floors! It looks like a great build, and a worthy addition to the rest of the line. :]

I never bought Cafe Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, or the Fire Brigate. But maybe I'll get the Grand Emporium... because your video is very convincing! The music fits too. I felt like I'm in a shopping mall.

Excellent video, very enjoyable! I'm amazed at how you managed to build whole floors without moving the base plate even a slight bit, I know I couldn't! :classic:

BTW, what is the music?

The music is Poppiholla by Chicane

I'm amazed at how you managed to build whole floors without moving the base plate even a slight bit, I know I couldn't! :classic:

I cheated a little and used some small pieces of double sided tape!

Love the building, but given it has the same number of bricks as the Fire Beigade (give or take a few...), it baffles me how they can justify a £40 hike on the price...

Might be the first CC-standard building I pass on.

M.

I cheated a little and used some small pieces of double sided tape!

Ahah I'll remember that! :thumbup:

Epic video! did u raid the lego factory or something for that?

I managed to get it from the Lego shop in Milton Kenyes - I think they have taken them off the shelves now as my mate tried to order one and was told there were none left!

Stunning! I don't normally watch videos that long but I watched that one! I have questions;

1. Are the skylight pieces the old Model Team windscreens? I hope so!

2. Is that thing on the top floor a weight/exercise machine?

Thanks for sharing! :wub:

Stunning! I don't normally watch videos that long but I watched that one! I have questions;

1. Are the skylight pieces the old Model Team windscreens? I hope so!

2. Is that thing on the top floor a weight/exercise machine?

Thanks for sharing! :wub:

1. The skylight is made up of 2 large windscreens (12 bricks wide) - I'm not sure if they are from Model Team or not but I do a close up of the windscreens on the video (at time 6:03)

2. Not sure what you mean but the items on display on the top floor are all toys. There is a scooter, 2 balls and a small house - (I think you probably mean the blue/black scooter but I may be wrong)

Edited by Iain

1. The skylight is made up of 2 large windscreens (12 bricks wide) - I'm not sure if they are from Model Team or not but I do a close up of the windscreens on the video (at time 6:03)

A 12 wide windscreen is good enough! :wub:

2. Not sure what you mean but the items on display on the top floor are all toys. There is a scooter, 2 balls and a small house - (I think you probably mean the blue/black scooter but I may be wrong)

I'm probably wrong; I'll have to make mine into a weight machine! :tongue:

Thanks for the answers.

This is great Iain! :sweet:

The sky windows (they are the old ModelTeam ones) are epic! They convinced me to get it! :classic:

Thanks!

Dr. Brick

Edited by Dr. Brick

That is amazing! I love it when lego builds itself :grin:

For a first attempt at time lapse, you've done a great job, and shown off the features of the set at the same time. As others have said, the music fits perfectly. How long did it take you to build it? (And don't say nine minutes!)

Personally, I think it looks well worth the price tag, seeing this.

:thumbup:

That is amazing! I love it when lego builds itself :grin:

For a first attempt at time lapse, you've done a great job, and shown off the features of the set at the same time. As others have said, the music fits perfectly. How long did it take you to build it? (And don't say nine minutes!)

Personally, I think it looks well worth the price tag, seeing this.

:thumbup:

It took me about 7 hours to build and that includes a couple of breaks and fiddling about with the camcorder.

I managed to get one of the new Lego Grand Emproium sets over the weekend and have uploaded a video onto You Tube of me building it. Some of the film is in time lapse and this is my first attempt at something like this so I hope you like it.

Absolutly brilliant, simply one of the most amazing things, please if you have any other sets please do more, me and the wife , who isn't a major lego fan unlike me , sat in raptures the whole time. Great work.

Heres hoping you dig out some old instructions and work us through your whole collection :cry_happy: the music made it ,good choice uplifting , and building to a cresendo to match the build , good on every level .

Another bonus is it enables a pauper like me to experience the build , the knife popping the selotape heightning the anticipation the spilling of the contents , then the pan over the awesome brick count.

I liked the pause and pan between floors allowing us to glimpse the detail , I also like the build of the smaller details in shot but to the side.Then the final 360 showing us the elements on all the sides of the finished build.

IMO great work , many thanks :classic:

Was it really 140 pounds? That's a 40% increase in price over Green Grocer and Fire Brigade . . . which would mean USD 210 if we also see a 40% bump in the US. Or were you maybe sort of paying a "buy it early" premium?

That was pretty darn good for your first try, How did you get that set already, I didn't even know it was out yet :wacko: . Oh well, great video.