phoinix

Is Green Grocer gone?

I went to the LEGO store in Los Angeles yesterday and treated myself to a Green Grocer. Too many threads about it being discontinued! LOL. I still think it will last through the early Christmas season, but I need to make sure I have the complete line of modular buildings, I love them!

Green Grocer is awesome, of course. Looks great next to my Cafe Corner!

Stopped by the Lego store in Anaheim, they had two left as well but the boxes were in such bad condition. I am getting a hefty check on friday so hopefully they have them one left that I can pick up, (as well as the re-released original PW Megazord which is sold out everywhere except one target by my home!!!!!)

Ordered mine from S@H & it's on backorder until next month

In stock in the U.S. Really thinking about getting one and putting it away. The CC is going for $300+ on eBay right now.

In stock in the U.S. Really thinking about getting one and putting it away. The CC is going for $300+ on eBay right now.

That's not a bad idea given GG's popularity.

Does anybody know if GG is going for good or is this just speculation?

That's not a bad idea given GG's popularity.

Does anybody know if GG is going for good or is this just speculation?

Everything goes out of production sometime, so I think it's safe to assume this is the last year GG will be widely available on the market. Stock of Market Street evaporated with the release of Emerald Night in Apr 09, then Fire Brigade displaced Cafe Corner in the product line over this past holiday buying season. So, given Green Grocer has been available since March '08, it'll be well over it's two-year shelf life when Grand Emporium is released.

IMHO, Green Grocer, Emerald Night, and Medieval Market Village will all see the end of their runs at some point this calendar year. I would encourage getting them now while they're available at MSRP, because these are the three sets that I think will see the biggest inflation in their resale values on the secondary market once they're discontinued.

Got an email from Lego saying mine has been issued from the warehouse even though it's still showing backordered for next month on S@H :cry_happy:

Got mine ordered from SAH U.S. In stock and shipped with tracking. Going to hang on to this til the "time is right". I remember over the summer a few eBay sellers were whoring out CC for under $150.00. Those idiots must be kicking themselves in the arses right now!!

The Lego store "near" me just got 10-15 in on Wednesday and still had 10+ today. I don't think they are all that rare yet...

Kicking myself for not buying a handfull when they where on sale. Great set for pieces.

I just snagged a damaged box GG from my Atlanta store for $110. Sawheet.

They have several on the shelf.

How are you able to do that? Is their a price-tag on it, or can you request the discount? There were several damaged box ones my Lego store. I would love to get it for the nifty price of 110 (plus another 10% discount with my disney pass).

Hey, I don't want to bring up an old topic, but I have some info here that some of you might find helpful. I e-mailed LEGO about the availability of GG, and received this reply:

I have great news for you! The Green Grocer will be out for at least the next year, so there is no rush to purchase it. I actually recently purchased it and it's a great build, so I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 1-800-835-4386 (within the US or Canada) or 1-860-763-4011 (from outside the US or Canada). Customer Service hours are 8:00am to 10:00pm ET Monday-Friday and 10:00am to 6:00pm ET Saturday and Sunday.

Meagan

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

So it seems that GG will be around for quite a while longer. Maybe I'll pick up an extra and hope someone will trade me a CC for it someday.

I've seen a couple of GG's in two local Italian shops. Prices were 160 and 170 Euros.

How are you able to do that? Is their a price-tag on it, or can you request the discount? There were several damaged box ones my Lego store. I would love to get it for the nifty price of 110 (plus another 10% discount with my disney pass).

Yep, if the box is banged up enough to be discount-worthy, they put a sticker on the upper-right corner with the discount and reason. For example, my Winter Toy Shop came in a 'damaged box' (looked like it was on the end of the case and something went through the case box and into the back of the set box, putting a huge gash in it, but it was taped up well and nothing was missing) so it was marked 10% off. Clearance stuff gets similar stickers. At least that's how they do it in the Boston area stores. :wink:

Hey, I don't want to bring up an old topic, but I have some info here that some of you might find helpful. I e-mailed LEGO about the availability of GG, and received this reply:

I have great news for you! The Green Grocer will be out for at least the next year, so there is no rush to purchase it. I actually recently purchased it and it's a great build, so I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 1-800-835-4386 (within the US or Canada) or 1-860-763-4011 (from outside the US or Canada). Customer Service hours are 8:00am to 10:00pm ET Monday-Friday and 10:00am to 6:00pm ET Saturday and Sunday.

Meagan

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

So it seems that GG will be around for quite a while longer. Maybe I'll pick up an extra and hope someone will trade me a CC for it someday.

Which also means that Fire Brigade will be available even longer. Well that makes my "FB or GE now" choice even harder. Heh.

I was told verbally that Fire Brigade was due to retire end 2011; and GG end 2010. Of course it depends upon how many ebay hawkers, seeing the succes of CC - are buying up stock.

If anyone is in California i suggest going to the Glendale Galleria Lego Store. They had a couple left last time i was there on March 2.

Well, in Austria it's still there, but thanks for sharing your witness!

It's slowly getting time for me to get myself a copy of it before it vanishes...

Yours,

funkybrick

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered one from S@H on Wednesday--I got an email saying it shipped on Thursday! I'll probably receive it on Monday or Tuesday next week.

I'm a little sad I didn't order that and Fire Brigade from the Toys R Us.com B1G1 50% off at the beginning of the week, although I heard the condition of some of the copies were not the best...TRU probably sold off their remaining stock with that sale.

Pretty sure Jamie Berard said in the 10211 thread that the Green Grocer is going to be sold at least until the end of the year.

It's probably only temporarily out of stock. Though still get GG if you can because it's one damn good set and the best modular.

well on the fear that GG might go out of stock i managed to get one from bricklink

I loved it!

its even better than cafe corner and from what i have seen from the pictures and instructions from the other two modulars

Green Grocer is the best one!

Get it while you can and you wont regret it!

there are so many details that you cant see from the box and its build is very unique and not at all repetitive!

(and now my target is Fire Brigade!)