Sign in to follow this  
Deefuzz

Hello, another newbie here!

Hi all, I'm Deefuzz.

I'm a long time Lego fan but actually just started getting back into buying the sets. I had some great sets as a child, but unfortunately all of my childhood toys are long gone (product of being a military brat and moving around a lot). I'm a pretty avid collector of many things, mainly Transformers, GI Joes, and He-Man. I've strayed away from buying Legos in the past due to the cost, some of the sets seemed a bit pricey. The main one I recall was wanting to buy the Lego Batman set which had the Batmobile and an ice cream truck, and I think it was somewhere around $99. And then more recently passed up on one of the Spongebob sets that had the big Pineapple house, and now both sets are long gone and going for huge dollars on ebay.

I never realized there was a big community of Lego fans out there and that these pieces tend to vanish from store shelves and resurface on ebay for a lot more money. So I have finally been convinced that if I see a set I want to just go ahead and buy it, because if I don't I will regret it. I started off recently with the Lego Star Wars anniversary Darth Vader Tie Fighter and the Midi Milennium Falcon (another one I always wanted and passed up on was the Star Wars Rogue Shadow). I haven't had the chance to open them up and build them yet, but I look forward to doing so.

I've managed to track down a few sets I wanted within the last couple of weeks, I was able to get a City set on clearance, as well as a couple of Power Miners sets, and even a Bionicle. I think I have begun with a decent cross section of Legos, and look forward to the future with optimism. I've also been a big fan of the Lego video games, I look forward to the same great Lego charm from the upcoming Harry Potter and Lego Universe titles.

My fiance is from Chicago (we currently live in St. Louis) and we make frequent trips up, and those tend to take us to the Lego stores up there. Even though I never bought anything before I always marveled over a lot of the sets. We plan on heading up again in a couple of weeks so I may end up making my first purchase from one of the Lego stores, and if we have time on one of these visits then I see a trip to Legoland in the future.

Anyways, glad to be here. It seems to be the best and most active Lego community online, so I figured after lurking for a little bit I might as well register and post. Sorry it was such a long post though, if you made it this far then thanks!

Welcome o the forum, what a great intro thread.

I was in your shoes about 3 years ago, and I started collecting evry SW LEGO set I could, it gets more and more funa s you go along. Glad to have another see the light!

Welcome to Eurobricks Deefuzz :sweet:!

I´m glad you have found your way back from the dark ages and enjoy Lego again. I don´t know how well you know the online Lego world, but a great place to get sets and part is Bricklink, here´s a link to all the sets, where I´m sure you´ll find your childhood ones! And there´s great Lego shops in Chicago, especially this one :grin:! Check out what´s happening in this thread also.

Hello!

Welcome to Eurobricks.

I hope you enjoy your time here and get to know some members and join in discussions.

Good Luck.

Welcome to Eurobricks, enjoy your stay. :thumbup:

Welcome to Eurobricks, I am sure you will have an outstanding time around here surfing the forums!

Welcome to Eurobricks and thank you for taking the time to write such an elaborate introduction of yourself.