cavegod

UCS AT-AT

Wow, you're almost done...

I can't wait to see that Nu-Class Shuttle :grin::thumbup:

:cry_happy:

/\ /\ /\ I would write more but i think the emoticon says it all

ok i'm debating as to wether i should glue the legs, theres a lot of weight and it is bowing the legs out at the knees causing the bricks/plates to prise apart??????

ok i'm debating as to wether i should glue the legs, theres a lot of weight and it is bowing the legs out at the knees causing the bricks/plates to prise apart??????

Nooooooooooo! There must be a better way! :grin:

you should put a stack of clear bricks together and then put them at the center of the at-at

Don't do it! :oh3: As Rufus said theres bound to be a better option than that.

without making the legs wider i am at a loss as to what to do don't want a stack of clear bricks that would look worse than wider legs. :sceptic:

without making the legs wider i am at a loss as to what to do don't want a stack of clear bricks that would look worse than wider legs. :sceptic:

I agree that a stack of clear bricks wouldn't work. Upon a second look at your model you could possibly get away with widening the legs at the knees a little but I'm not sure if that would work. :sceptic: Right now thats the best thing I can think of.

Edited by Lord Arjay

well i think i have sorted it was a simple fix really, remove 24 bricks and replace all with plates, (much stronger bond with each other) i have also added a hinge brick with 2x2 top to each ankle so that now the ankles are fixed.

well i think i have sorted it was a simple fix really, remove 24 bricks and replace all with plates, (much stronger bond with each other) i have also added a hinge brick with 2x2 top to each ankle so that now the ankles are fixed.

Thats good news to hear. :thumbup: As for the actual AT-AT which I have yet to comment on... :oh: stunning absolutely stunning :wub: I don't think anything I say wil be good enough a description so I'll just admire it quietly. :sweet:

You wait till you see the finished article! :thumbup:

It still isn't finished :oh:. In that case I'll retract my previous comment in order to make it even more admirationable..if that was a word :tongue: . For now I'l just look on in awe :grin:.

well it is finished so will get some decent photo's and start a new thread for the pictures. :thumbup:

Thats really amazing far beyond anything I could do.

cheers, believe me i didn't think i would be able to do it but you can do anything you put your mind to.

What a hassle with the UCS sticker the only way to get it to look the way i wanted it was to spray it with Laquer!

What a hassle with the UCS sticker the only way to get it to look the way i wanted it was to spray it with Laquer!

Ouch!

I guess that spraying a few bricks will be an ok expense considering the sheer size and magnitude of this project?

Can't wait for you to post pics of the final design.

nah no bricks where harmed, i only sprayed the vinyl sticker. :thumbup:

cheers, believe me i didn't think i would be able to do it but you can do anything you put your mind to.

And bank account. :D

And bank account. :D

lol yeah that also, but i used my secret trick and used the wifes account he he

Well i fixed the AT-AT's tendancy to do the splits by fitting 1 of these

4266c02.jpg

in every foot, i have offset th etyres so that the rims do not protrude past them giving me foam aganst the ground and a no slip foot!

I noticed that one of the builders is using my design, I am ok with that. Here is a link to mine. I have built 3 and have a motorized interior winch for raising and lowering troops. I built it about 5 years ago and it took 5 revisions and about 1 years from first try until the models I am using in my Hoth layout.

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

the only instructions would be don't do it your life will end and you will spend hours on bricklink and in a dark room full of lego! still good fun though :tongue:

sorry no instructions you can build it easy enough from the pictures.

Damn, i love your work. But without an instruction building,i will never can make such a great AT-AT.

I would like to copy your work,but no chance without an instruction building.

Respect to all of you, who can make so fantastic UCS sets.

A good way to save weight is using plates instead of bricks, as I did in my creation.

Another good way is using technic bricks, I think the big ones are ligther than the standard bricks.

The joints were also a problem for me, so I had to double the joints in "knees" and "hips".

Anyway, excellent job!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, i love your work. But without an instruction building,i will never can make such a great AT-AT.

I would like to copy your work,but no chance without an instruction building.

Respect to all of you, who can make so fantastic UCS sets.

if you check the first post you will see a pic of Rocko's now deceased AT-At thats all i used to create my version.