gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

These set descriptions from Huw have got me excited, but it's a shame about the hogwarts express wheels. Matn, I doubt the quidditch set will come with hufflepuff or ravenclaw figs, but that would be great!

The Hogwarts Challenge game also looks great. Anyone noticed that one of the 2x2 tiles on the die looks like the old marauder's map tile?

http://tinyurl.com/yee2u8c

IGN have just posted a new trailer for the videogame and the Dobby figuire is exactly the same as the first one, which is weird.

I know it's not really related to the sets, but I thought it looked cool.

Hmmm I watched the trailer and thought, and this is what I think.

Here's the Dobby head from 2002: olddobby.jpg

And here's Dobby in the trailer: dobbyfreeze.jpg

I don't reckon that LEGO will include the petrified, hollow-eyed old Dobby in the new sets. They'll probably give him a slightly updated head and printed eyes, a la the Toy Story heads, and send him off to China to be mass produced.

Searching for the new Harry Potter sets I came across this picture featuring the new Hogwarts challenge play set, the poster also features Harry and Malfoy at the sides in a cartoon caption, but both have a new look and a new hairstyle could these be the possible figure for Harry and Malfoy?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lBWYz29Iw_g/S2Fk...arry-potter.jpg

Is that a yellow frog and blue and red spider I see? :thumbup:

Looks like we are getting new body's for hogwarts students. Ones with the crest in the right corner like the years 1 - 2 did. Also, the tie and shirt look a tad untidy as well. You can see all this in the trailer.

Wow, that board game is a better parts pack than I had hoped! :oh: All those parts in neat colors, and that awesome printed Hogwarts tile! :wub: Hopefully this will be as affordable as the other games. If so, I'll definitely get one!

Found a screen shot of the new game but with new brooms, its got a gold print on and is shaped differently, these may be the brooms included in the new Quidditch set :)

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/258527

Oh, that would be great if would get a new Nimbus 2000 mold!! :cry_happy: Maybe they could even make the middle of the broom thin enough for a fig to wrap its legs around it, like on the Lego bicycles!

This is all so exciting! :sweet: Can't wait for Toy Fair to be over and the video game to come out!

If you look at Dobby's head in the video, you can see it's a slightly different shade than his body. Why are people talking alot about the Hogwarts 2x2 tile in the boardgame? Didn't it come out with one of the Goblet of Fire sets? Looking at the boardgame, I think the customizable feature that's included in all the Lego Games sets, is the changing staircases that are in the area around the tower. The Dobby's Release set, could possibly be a little part of Dumbledor's office. One problem i have with Hermione and Ron, is their faces, Ron looks too wrinkly, while Hermione looks too sleepy.

Found this on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0YpNdUf4EQ As you can see, Traveller's Tales must have noticed how bad Indiana Jones 2 was when the area's for each movie carried the levels. I can tell you that this may be the BEST LEGO GAME EVER. They have added so much detail with the characters how they have different personalities! You are encouraged to use Harry most of the time on the broomstick because he does it the best. Ron rides very wobbley and Hermione...well..she could use lessons. :grin: I am goiNG to buy this set as soon as I can. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :wub::wub::wub: BTW, has anyone noticed how the wands get thinner at the top? Perhaps we will get wands like those in the sets.

Edited by Jar Jar

Rebuilt the second castle today. I really hope the new one has some sort of mechanized thing on it, like the second one. It looks so good.

Thanks for that link, I hope their information is correct. I can't wait to see in just under two weeks. Wow, it's really close now!

IGN.com has a preview up with lots of new info on the new Lego Harry Potter game.

IGN.com

New pics and trailer also included. :sweet:

Wait a second... Belatrix never appeared until the fifth movie, so I'm confused. If it's all supposed to be related to the videogame, it doesn't make sense. the only thing i can think of is that since they have done the fifth movie once, they can do it again. Wonder what type of hairpeice they'll use?

Edited by indianajones

Wait a second... Belatrix never appeared until the fifth movie, so I'm confused. If it's all supposed to be related to the vidoegame, it doesn't make sense. the only thing i can think of is that since they have done the fifth movie once, they can do it again. Wonder what type of hairpeice they'll use?

The sets are seperate from the videogame, shure, there will be semilarities, but only the game is limited to the firs four years. As you can read in the IGN article two posts up, it is very different from the previous games.

You progress through the game while Harry gets older, instead of just being able to choose a random episode/book/part/year.

Edited by Jippon

OMG!

This is really great news!! Yay!, maybe we'll even see Luna Lovegood or another death eater minifig!

:cry_happy:

A Luna figure would be perfect :wub:.

Come on LEGO, make it happen!

Also, I'm starting to think the figures we will get with Hagrids Hut will be Slughorn, Hagrid and Harry. Also, another Aragog!

It would be great if the Burrow had a few Death Eaters in it.

Maybe Rufus Scrimgeour and Percy along with the rest of the Weasly Family, Harry and Hermione.

That would make a great set.

How are they going to do villians on broomsticks in the game? The movies never show villians on broomsticks, only students, so where are they supposed to put them on the broom-flying-skills chart?

It would be great if the Burrow had a few Death Eaters in it.

Maybe Rufus Scrimgeour and Percy along with the rest of the Weasly Family, Harry and Hermione.

That would make a great set.

That would be really cool, but I doubt they would put Scrimgeour in it as well. I think we are getting Ginny, Bella, Harry, Molly, Mr Weasly and Ron. Maybe Fred or George, if we are lucky.

How are they going to do villians on broomsticks in the game? The movies never show villians on broomsticks, only students, so where are they supposed to put them on the broom-flying-skills chart?

I'm sure there will be a normal flying type, not as good as Harry's, but not as bad as Hermione's. I reckon others which they're unsure about will be like that.

Hey, i found out an interesting thing: there will possibly be a level creator in the new game. I found this out here:http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/legoharrypotteryears14/news.html?sid=6248878&mode=previews

What characters could they use for it? Here are my geusses:

Props-Harry

Enemies-Voldermort

Landscaping-Flying car

Baseplates-Hagrid

Though it says it'll be similar, TT could be adding something, or it might not even be there.