gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

From the press release yesterday it said that the prices were ranged from $10.99 - $129.99.

Dobby's release - $10.99

Quidditch Match - $19.99

Hagrids Hut - $39.99.

Burrow -

Train -

Castle - $129.99.

I can't see anything for the Burrow or the train either.

I believe that we have seen the prices before, and if I remember correctly, the Burrow is $59,99 and the Hogwarts Express is $79,99

See, something should jog my memory, but it doesn't. For me, I would just take the gray hound that Lupin turns into and use him as Fang. Please tell me Lupin was the one who could shape-shift. If not, I've gotta go upstairs and read a book or two. :tongue:

That was Sirius.

Now get reading :wink:!

Oh, that's right. Was that in the movie though, or only the book? I think I've got to rewatch the first few films now.

But really, mixing stuff doesn't matter to me, since the outcome is tons of new awesome figs!

From what I can remember, both the book and the movie.

From the press release yesterday it said that the prices were ranged from $10.99 - $129.99.

Dobby's release - $10.99

Quidditch Match - $19.99

Hagrids Hut - $39.99.

Burrow -

Train -

Castle - $129.99.

I can't see anything for the Burrow or the train either.

For how big it is, $130 sounds a bit high for the castle set. Though who knows, it may be bigger than it looks in pictures. Going off of just the box sizes, the Train is probably $40 like Hagrid's Hut is. The Burrow is probably around $60.

That's definitely a light brick. It's probably going to be the ceiling light in Hagrid's hut.

See, something should jog my memory, but it doesn't. For me, I would just take the gray hound that Lupin turns into and use him as Fang. Please tell me Lupin was the one who could shape-shift. If not, I've gotta go upstairs and read a book or two. :tongue:

Personally I'm thinking it's a light in his fireplace. Though a light in the ceiling wouldn't be bad.

Oh, and you're not too far off. It's Sirious who can shape-shift into a dog. Lupin is the werewolf. I'll have to look it up, but I can't remember if any of the previous Hagrid's Hut sets have come with Fang. If they have, than I don't see why they didn't include him in this one, but if they haven't, than I'll be a bit more understanding. Though at the same time he's in the Lego video game, so I personally think it wouldn't have been all that hard to base a figure off of that model.

Edit: Did a quick search, and both previous sets didn't come with him. Still, would have been cool to see him in Lego form.

Do you think HP will last longer this time then it did before?

Or is this just one time thing?

I'm hoping it does last longer, though we don't know if it will or not yet. If anything, just a couple more sets for early 2011 would be nice. If for nothing else, just to get a Voldemort figure. Would also be cool if they made an add-on set for the castle. Sort of like how they had some of the sets released for the first movie have the ability to combine with the main castle set. A remake of the clock tower, and some lower levels, would be nice for the castle set, imo.

Edited by Ravenxl7

For how big it is, $130 sounds a bit high for the castle set. Though who knows, it may be bigger than it looks in pictures. Going off of just the box sizes, the Train is probably $40 like Hagrid's Hut is. The Burrow is probably around $60.

I don't know, I think the Castle looks pretty big. And it has tons of new figures. $130 seems about the price LEGO would put on such a thing these days. I'm sure it also has some features that we're not seeing here, which give it a good amount of pieces.

I'm sure the train will not be $40. The $80 seems about right for LEGO's prices nowadays. It does have 646 pieces according to the box, and Luna. Not a stellar price, but what we can expect.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Burrow isn't more, since that set comes with tons of new figures and a nicely sized house. $60 seems like a real steal for such a nice set.

The train will cost much more than $40, I'd price it at $80, it's got more to it than size. I'm glad that Lupin can shapeshift. I wasn't so much thinking that he turned into a werewolf, more that he turned into something. :tongue: I can't see the castle at $130, definitely up in the 100 range, but above $120 seems quite high. EDIT: Maybe not, the box says 1,200 pieces exactly. That's a lot of small pieces then!

I'm off to read a book!

Edited by Darth Legolas

I don't know, I think the Castle looks pretty big. And it has tons of new figures. $130 seems about the price LEGO would put on such a thing these days. I'm sure it also has some features that we're not seeing here, which give it a good amount of pieces.

Yeah, the more I look at it, the larger it looks. It looks like it'll have plenty of features, and you are right, it does have a lot of minifigures. Dumbledore's Office alone seems to have tons of pieces. Mostly small and decorative, but nice additons. The Astronomy tower could have been better, but for what it is, it's really nice. Kind of ominous to have Dumbledore and Snape up there for the packaging shot, lol. The Dementors seem to be the only real odd additions. Though the Castle does seem to be the least specific to any one of the books. The Dementors are really the only one's that are year/book specific. The one minifigure I'm hoping is in the set that doesn't seem to be there, is Draco. I've already got a minifigure of him, but it would be nice to get an upgraded figure of him like the others.

Edit: Looking at the close-up of Dumbledore's office, I can see what appears to be a suit of armor minifigure (you can just barely see part of it next to the stairs). Also, is it just me, or do there seem to be a couple of random doors in the castle? there's at least one in the Great Hall, which in the movie would lead to the trophy room, and there's one in between the astronomy tower and the main tower Anybody else find that slightly odd?

Also, on a side note, I'm already thinking about attaching the one tower of Hogwarts I already have to this set. Might look a little odd, but the tower Sirius was inprisoned in could look nice among the other parts to this set.

I'm sure the train will not be $40. The $80 seems about right for LEGO's prices nowadays. It does have 646 pieces according to the box, and Luna. Not a stellar price, but what we can expect.

Yeah, the picture I was mainly looking at was at an odd angle, making the box look the same size as the Hagrid's Hut set. $80 seems like a lot for a simple train set, but it does seem to be quite large. Really the only two incetives for me are the Luna minifigure and the Weasley's car, so I don't think I'll get the set.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Burrow isn't more, since that set comes with tons of new figures and a nicely sized house. $60 seems like a real steal for such a nice set.

Yeah, looking at the Burrow set next to the castle, $60 does seem a little low for the set, but that's a good thing. I'll most likely get the set. Especially because of all the unique figures. Bellatrix, Grayback, Arthur, and Molly are the most notable ones. Even more figures would have been nice, like Lupin, Tonks, and the twins. Though it's still an extremely nice set as-is.

Edited by Ravenxl7

:oh3: Oh my god, they're amazing! They bring back memories of the old line, while still bringing something new to the table.

Dobby's Release:

Looks a tad plain, but with the upgrade of adding Harry, it might be worth it. I really hope they include the diary, or maybe the arch has a function that can launch Lucius.

Quidditch Lesson:

5 figures for a $20 is amazing, especially when two are brand new. The hoops look great, and I think I see a brown Hoth Trooper helmet on the ground as a helmet.

Hagrid's Hut:

It looks awfully like the last one, and the Aragog doesn't look great. The figures aren't way too special either, so I might pass this one.

The Burrow:

Awesome figs and design, not to mention price. It looks a little dark, but otherwise pure win.

Hogwarts Express:

Looks ok, I like the new car a figs, but otherwise it looks similar to the old ones.

Hogwarts Castle:

I agree that this is the best one they've ever made. Not too gigantic, but capturing the castle very well. I really like it.

Overall, incredible figs, but the only downsides are not all of them are too different from the old ones.

Good spot on the suit of armor.

I don't think that Draco comes with the set, which is kind of funny since it leaves an empty Slytherin common room (I think the room on the bottom floor with the green chairs and snakes in the Slytherin common room.)

I'd like to know what that room with handcuffs under the astronomy tower is. The Hogwarts jail? I don't get it…

Overall, though, this seems like the most detailed castle yet. So much food, newspapers, paintings on the walls, not to mention all of the new exclusive figures. Do we really have to wait until October?

I like how the Castle has tons of those down-scaled rooms, the main hall, potions class, I guess the puny snake pit is the chamber of secrets? :tongue:

The only thing I dislike about the great new Quidditch set, is that rather than making golden versions of those good old hoops, they used those felxible thingies, which really do look better, except the tenseness is bending it into a slightly wrong shape and you can see the bars pulling out of the connector under their own pressure.

I really hope they include the diary, or maybe the arch has a function that can launch Lucius.

The hoops look great, and I think I see a brown Hoth Trooper helmet on the ground as a helmet.

The diary is in the set. The book is both on the box and laying there next to the built model.

It's just a brown aviator helmet. I suppose you meant the old Hoth trooper helmet (not the Battlepack one), though that piece has been around since the first Adventurers line.

I love that the Quidditch set is year one themed. If it wasn't year one, we'd probably be getting another Ginny, and that would be unnecessary I think. The figures choice is superb!

Who is the fig in the bottom left on this picture? In the building?

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showphoto.p...7/size/big/cat/

Is it a ghost or something?

Voldemort Voldemort oooo Volde Volde Volde Voldemort!

I think... sure looks like him, whether or not there's any logical reason for him to be in Hogwarts (which there isn't) So maybe I just wanted to sing the Potter Puppet Pals song... yeah, probably.

Really liking these sets, although The Burrow to me looks... disappointing. I guess I was just expecting something bigger and more detailed, and more faithful to the one in the last movie.

Anyone else notice that Ron has the skater kid hair from the collectible minifigs in orange?

Thanks for the pics and links!! New Flesh-faced Madame Hooch, Luna, Bellatrix, Malfoy hair piece, (and did I see a pig behind the Weasley's house?!) etc, etc are great!! I must admit though, after all this time waiting and wondering,...they really just seem like rehashed (updated) versions of the first 2 films' "yellow-heads and hands" sets.

Did we really need another Dobby's release set?!

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showphoto.p...7/size/big/cat/

The one draped in a weird fabric? or the one in the bottom part of the astronomy tower? The first one is, in theory, just meant to show off the new invisibility cloak. The second one is confusing me though. At first I thought it was meant to be a statue that sorta looks like the grim reaper, but the more I look at it, the more I think it could actually be Voldemort. What I thought was a scythe looks more like it's just the wall. I'm really hoping it's Voldemort. Though it does seem strange to just have him standing there. Hopefully some more pictures show up. Some more close-up looks at the castle and burrow would be nice.

Edit: Just noticed that Hagrid's Hut comes with something I hadn't noticed, and honestly wasn't expecting. If you look on the roof, it's got Norbert on it. Makes me think that the light feature is going to be the fireplace.

Edited by Ravenxl7

I was thinking it was either supposed to be a Dementor or Harry hiding under the Invisibility Cloak or its just Lego trying to hide some figure we hadn't seen yet.

With the exclusion of Dobby's release and Hagrid's hut, I don't really feel that these are all that rehashed.

Yes, there was a Quidditch set before, but this one feels more like a match since it comes with the team captains, and the stand is a bit different. A bit similar to the old one, but Quidditch is an important part of the books, so it's more like a new Quidditch set to me rather than a rehash of the olds one.

The train actually looks different, comes with new figures, and a newly modeled car which never came with it before. Of course they need to make a train again since that appears in most movies and plenty of fans might have missed out on the previous ones. I think with the characters and included models significantly different than any previous trains, it's not such a rehash.

The Castle is another new Castle, yes, though not the same as any one other before. It has a great hall this time, plus Dumbledore's office and a bunch of other rooms. Also, it comes with at least two figures that never appeared in any form before, which makes it different. This Castle does not remind me in look much of any of the other ones, so it seems more like a new thing than a rehash to me.

And of course the Burrow was never done before at all, so that isn't a rehash.

Though Hagrid's Hut does seem awfully similar to previous versions, I can see why it needs to be here. This wave of HP sets is mostly of iconic HP stuff, so it's quite necessary to have Hagrid's hut and his three best palls and Aragog with it.

Really, Dobby's Release (or "Freeing Dobby" as the new box says) is the only sore thumb. Releasing Dobby wasn't so iconic, to me anyway, so it's odd that LEGO decided to rehash that. And that set is completely a rehash. But oh well, it's nice to get something small.

The only thing I really am disappointed about is LEGO sticking with the old wands. Those bars are far, far too big for wands, and I really wished they'd make a new smaller mold with a little handle like is in the video game preview. Oh well.

The one draped in a weird fabric? or the one in the bottom part of the astronomy tower? The first one is, in theory, just meant to show off the new invisibility cloak. The second one is confusing me though. At first I thought it was meant to be a statue that sorta looks like the grim reaper, but the more I look at it, the more I think it could actually be Voldemort. What I thought was a scythe looks more like it's just the wall. I'm really hoping it's Voldemort. Though it does seem strange to just have him standing there. Hopefully some more pictures show up. Some more close-up looks at the castle and burrow would be nice.

The one in the bottom part of the astronomy tower. I too can't understand why they would put Voldermort in the castle set, maybe it is just a ghost, afterall.

My two cents, ladies and gentlemen. ) :classic:

I didn't expect much from that theme, frankly speaking, but now, after the pictures, I'm really impressed! Now let's see....

Dobby's Release:

I really like that set. I may even get at least three of those. A definity wins for me^

- a diary (one can never have enough books) :classic:

- a sock (such details are great for MOCking

- Malfoy! No comments needed. ) :classic:

- printed Dobby, brooms, useful bricks.....

I'm pretty sure that set is going to be one of the bestsellers of the theme. )

Quidditch Lesson:

My another favor here. )

- Madame Hooch! I've always loved that character. Good to see her back! ) :classic:

- Oliver Wood. Again, no comments needed! ) :wub:

- Malfoy Jr (Not sure about his face, I can't see it properly, but I'm sure TLC will not disappoint us :thumbup: )

- A nice Quiddich cup! Pretty useful. ) :classic:

- Rings, catapults and other things..... Well, not impressed, still good for MOCs. )

Hagrid's Hut:

Frankly speaking, a bit of dissappointment to me. The figs are good, and they may persuade me to get the set, but the rest is pretty useless to me. Even mushrooms don't save the set. I styill consider the very first Hagrids hut to be the best! ) :classic:

Aragog - :sick: Good that I have the old one! )

The Burrow:

Again a set for figs. ) And perhaps dark red bricks.

I never liked the Burrow as a place, I didn't like it in the film, nor that I like the Weasleys..... Bricks - to MOCs, figs to collection! ) :grin:

Hogwarts Express:

I don't really see any point in getting that set to me. I'm not interested in the train, I don't find any need to get Luna. Ford Anglia is a nice touch, but looks a bit blocky so far. Nothing very appealing.

Hogwarts Castle:

Now, that's a SET! :wub:

- Massive, beautiful, with great figures.

- Has the classical look! Tonns of assesories! ) :classic:

- Filch, Dumbledore, Snape! ) :classic:

- Dark green McGonagall! A favourite professor in a new great color! ) I would've got that set only for her! :wub:

- Imagine 203 sets put together! Colossal! ) :classic:

A very nice theme brought back! A great selection of figs! Way to go, TLC! ) :sweet::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Why is Luna Lovegood in a set that is depicting a scene from the second book and movie? Especially a scene she wasn't even in (we didn't even know she was a character until the 5th book).

Talk about inaccuracy there.

-Omi

- Imagine 203 sets put together! Colossal! ) :classic:

Huh? Are you planning on buying 203 of them Penguin? I'm not sure I could even imagine that, that would just be weird.

The new hogwarts castle looks pretty nice this year and i like how they made the roof more detailed. But i really think lego could have done a better job on hagrids hut , the whole thing is pretty meh.

It's too bad the hogwarts train isn't using the larger wheels from the Emerald Night, the sides of it also look too plain.

Hopeful these sets change a bit , but so far they're look pretty decent.

Huh? Are you planning on buying 203 of them Penguin? I'm not sure I could even imagine that, that would just be weird.

:laugh: I meant 2-3 sets! )

I'm sure the set will be worth that! ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Clearly these sets are being worked on, but as far as I can see, the Hogwarts Express includes Ginny and spectra-specs Luna, Malfoy but it also includes the ford anglia with Harry and Ron, which possibly means a years 2 & 6 set tie-in, in The Burrow its based around the 6th film, including Bellatrix, Fenrir, Mollie, possibly Arthur in a floo-powder fire place macanism, Ginny and Ron, so possibly know twins, Dobbys release or 'Freeing Dobby' looks simple and features a new flesh dobby and lucius (including harry) Hagrids hut appears to include Arogog, Hagrid and the trio, Norbert (the dragon) possibly Fang inside? pobbily another 1 & 2 year set tie-in? Hogwarts looks unclear but from what I can see ha the great hall, filches office, dumbledores office and astronomy, it includes a new Filch (with Mrs Norris), Dumbledor, a darker green Macgonagal, Harry Hermione, knight, Ron, Snape and a Dementor (if you look above Hogwarts), thats probably the thing under the tower acting as an inprovised dementor. It seems a bit lacky in design but as I said its in working, The qudditch set features A stand, possibly more when in detail? it includes new characters such as a revamped Madam Hooch, a new Marcus Flint, Oliver Wood, Draco and Harry. Overall looks good so far, hope we get more detailed pictures, I believe Millionaire Playboy (a review website) is currently doing an in-deatail review I will post the link once it is up. :)

More to add :) Theres a dragon egg next to Ron by the hagrids hut, as i speculated before malfoy has the new hair peice mold and face from the board game advertisment, madam hooch id an entirley different figure and from what I can see the castle folds around the great hall. Also noticed how the owls have facial printing. :)

Edited by legomaster08