gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

pic77592C5E7C63C134520153F452546494.png

Ah, finally a fig I really like. Perhaps my second favourite fig of the line after McGonagall! :wub:

I suppose it's the first time TLC produced a good-looking Quiddich uniform. Not to mention that both Griffindor and Slytherin ones come in that posh dark colors which work perfectly, I guess. )

I'm again not sure about Malfoy's cartoonish face and the weird grin. I guess I'll need to try the old head with this torso. My most favourite part is obviously the headpice which I've been really looking forward to seeing. So many customs characters just beg to have that hair. :laugh: Getting a pair of brown hands is also very nice. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Ah, finally a fig I really like. Perhaps my second favourite fig of the line after McGonagall! :wub:

I suppose it's the first time TLC produced a good-looking Quiddich uniform. Not to mention that both Griffindor and Slytherin ones come in that posh dark colors which work perfectly, I guess. )

I'm again not sure about Malfoy's cartoonish face and the weird grin. I guess I'll need to try the old head with this torso. My most favourite part is obviously the headpice which I've been really looking forward to seeing. So many customs characters just beg to have that hair. :laugh: Getting a pair of brown hands is also very nice. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

You having daily commentaries on each fig? :laugh: Oh yea, I read somewhere that he has a double sided head with a scared expression.

You having daily commentaries on each fig? :laugh:

Yes, I do. Since I'm a devoted customizer and HP is one of my most anticipated themes, I decided to share my thoughts about the figs with the whole community.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. ) :classic:

Those magazine images look great! It's time like this when I wish I still got the Lego Club magazine.

There is one figure that I can't work out who it is though. It's the last one on there and I'd think it is Ginny, but we have already had a Ginny figure higher up. Am I being stupid and missing something here?

Edited by SuperChris

Look whos joined the party!

Looks alright to me :classic:

Check out This and this.

Great MF pics

Nice pics! The first one verifies that yes, Luna will have a double-sided head: one side with the Spectrespecs, and one side without. Which is what I had been hoping for. In fact, it looks like all of the main cast members will also have double-sided heads for alternate expressions (I anticipating my little brother making jokes that "X is really Voldemort"-- he makes that joke about every fig with a double-sided head ever since the first Harry Potter sets had that Professor Quirrel minifigure).

And yes, there are two Ginnys, just as there are several Harrys. This depicts the full assortment of minifigs from all the sets, which includes Hogwarts Ginny, Plainclothes Ginny, Hogwarts Harry, Plainclothes Harry, Quidditch Harry, Hogwarts Ron, Plainclothes Ron, Hogwarts Malfoy, Quidditch Malfoy... all in all, a lot of alternate outfit figs. And then there's duplicates of Hogwarts Harry and Hogwarts Hermione in the Hogwarts Castle set, and a duplicate of Plainclothes Harry in The Burrow.

Hagrid's coat seems to be dark brown. I likey. Also, Filch is apparently no longer a Boba Fett clone. (or would that be a Jango Fett clone? =P )

Also, why oh why is there a picture of that horrendous GoF/OotP Ron on this page? Surely they could have left that out since he isn't in any of the sets. I tolerated him in GoF because I assumed "Oh, he's just been rescued from the bottom of a lake; he's bound to be a little dazed", but then in OotP it dawned on me that that was intended to be his regular face. Blech.

And lastly, on a slightly off-topic note, who else suspects that the spell Dobby uses on Lucius Malfoy after being freed is the Flipendo Knockback Jinx from the HP video games? I've always had a sneaking suspicion of that, myself.

Edited by Aanchir

And yes, there are two Ginnys, just as there are several Harrys. This depicts the full assortment of minifigs from all the sets, which includes Hogwarts Ginny, Plainclothes Ginny, Hogwarts Harry, Plainclothes Harry, Quidditch Harry, Hogwarts Ron, Plainclothes Ron, Hogwarts Malfoy, Quidditch Malfoy... all in all, a lot of alternate outfit figs. And then there's duplicates of Hogwarts Harry and Hogwarts Hermione in the Hogwarts Castle set, and a duplicate of Plainclothes Harry in The Burrow

I don't think you understand. We are talking about the teaser site, were there is no space for any extra Harry figs.

Check out This and this.

Great MF pics

Snape's torso looks a lot better in these pics than in the ones from Toy Fair, and is it just me, or do the Dementors have double sided heads? (the one hovering above the great hall seems to have cheek lines but no mouth)

I love the new Malfoy minifigure! :thumbup: Yes, cartoonish but all the new LEGO Harry Potter minifigures are like that, but it works perfect for a younger version (book 1-3) I think.

Now about the magazine scans, thanks for showing them, they look very good. I love all the new minifigures! :wub: I could keep saying how wonderful and great they are, so I'm going to say a few things about them which I don't like. *huh* Filch's hair should have been dark brown because it was a unique colour, oh well. I'm still disappointed with Harry's head in a couple of sets... He just looks too young to fight against Bellatrix or Voldemort. They use the figures of '07 with a very decent head that looks more mature. Why couldn't they used that one, with the mouth upside down on the back of head... Now I'm going to have to make some decals.

So, I love everything of the new LEGO Harry Potter series. It's only a pity they decided to make the faces of the teenagers very, very kiddy looking. That doesn't fit when you want them to fight for life and death (in your MOCs) against an evil lord... I'll make a bunch of MOCs with these new figures from the first three books, but especially Harry Potter and Ron Weasley are looking pretty useful to use in a MOC based on the Deathly Hallows.

Oh, and are those wands 5 studs long? *oh2* Hopefully not! 4L was long enough, but with the introduction of 3L bars, it was only logical to have those as wands. (Not that I don't have enough 4L bars, and 5L will be very useful, but it looks weird.)

:blush:

Not here in Holland :sceptic: .

Strange. Maybe it's just the UK for now then, or something.

It does seem weird that it's been released so soon. I didn't think it was out till October.

Strange. Maybe it's just the UK for now then, or something.

It does seem weird that it's been released so soon. I didn't think it was out till October.

Its in Ireland too!

I don't think you understand. We are talking about the teaser site, were there is no space for any extra Harry figs.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the same images I was replying to. My mistake.

Special K, please post more thoughtfully and avoid over-using emoticons. We expect a certain level of maturity in discussions at EB. Thanks.

Who on earth is that last character? :wacko:

Ginny is looking great! I love her new hair, it really suits her more than the old hairpiece that she had.

This means that the last figure isn't Ginny, right? Maybe we are getting another figure that we don't know about. Any guesses who?

There are two Ginnies in the catalogue - one civilian, one in uniform - does that explain it?

post-1768-127858157373.jpg

There are two Ginnies in the catalogue - one civilian, one in uniform - does that explain it?

But there are no multiple silhouettes of the different Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco figs. Why only Ginny?

I'm loving all the new figs so far! They'll really come in handy! :sweet:

Why does Dumbledore have light bluish grey hair there and why is Lucius Malfoy no there at all?

Edited by ADHO15