Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Mini Flying Wing Airplane

Hello and happy new year to everyone!

I'd like to start with a mini model from the Indiana Jones movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" this year. A similar version has been in BrickJournal last year, but has been overhauled since then. It now features more camouflage look. The difficult part of this model are the only slightly bent-up wings. To get this done in brick I used the fact that the 1x2 door rail plate is a little less than 1.5 plate wide. This allows for a slight bening up of the wings with old-style hinge plates below them. :classic:

flying-wing-1.jpg

flying-wing-3.jpg

flying-wing-5.jpg

flying-wing-7.jpg

I will edit this post as soon as BrickShelf updates and include a link for the instructions for those who are interested. :classic:

Have a great week-end and thank you for your time and interest!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Excellent Legostein! I think it really takes a unique builder to create these little minis (and to make them look good). You've done an excellent job at rendering to mini-scale. Love the propellors and the mini wheels.

I'm surprised you don't have little camouflaged decals. Nice! :thumbup:

Minis everywhere! This is a great new addition to your collection. I love the use of those tool thingies as guns. It's brilliant!

I really hope you don't break your models after you've posted them, because I'd love to see your whole collections! :thumbup:

Frontpaged! Love it! :wub:

All the fine detail you usually include, but in a new theme. I hope we can look forward to more Indy goodness. :thumbup:

Love this I do - I'm not normally into microscale vehicles, but I gotta say AWESOME ! :wub:

And right down to the props and colours on the plane - fantastic ! :grin:

Great work again, 'Legostein' ! :sweet:

Hello again!

Thank you all for the many nice compliments! I was not sure if it would be liked, but this proves again that here is a great place to share ideas. :classic: Thank you for frontpaging it, Shadows, and also a big thank you for creating this amazing image, TheBrickster! :classic:

I hope to do more like this in the future to enhance the collection (all 200+ models are kept intact). :classic:

See you soon,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Hello again,

and thank you for your interest and praises. :classic: You always encourage me to build more and better.

Dang nab it! You beat me to it. I was working on this at the time...

No worries, I appreciate your imaging skills. :classic: You'll find your great image on the brand new sub site of deckdesigns.de for models from miscellaneous movies: http://misc.deckdesigns.de

Thanks all for your comments and contributions. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

A really awesome mini Legostone :wink:

When I saw this I immediatley thought it was your creation, and that it was so cool to go Indy.

This plane is a really awesome mini you have done.

Is so curious what more you will make.

Also fun to know that you always keep your models built.

Very accurate as usual, i really like the background so it looks like a real set too !

Thanks again everone for the comments! :classic: I'll try my best to keep it up, but Indiana Jones is a theme where most object have a real-life background, thus not really belonging to the licensed theme here. However, the Flying Wing was designed only for the movie and does not exist in reality, only similar models do. :classic:

I really like the background so it looks like a real set too !

Yes, TheBrickster is really amazing in creating the illusion of a real set. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher