Brickimad

When is Lego not Lego?

If its so "Illegal", than why doesn't the Lego Company just sue them?

They don't have patents on all their parts and they've had trouble in the courts lately with certain patents. They are doing their best to protect their remaining copyrights on specialized pieces or concepts like the minifig.

And there's no international copyright law, unfortunately. :hmpf: So, if a government allows bootlegging, the law of Denmark can't protect LEGO there.

All that can happen is Customs Officals or TLG themselves are allowed to confiscate the priducts and fine those importing the products. So Enlighten and it's spin offs get nabbed while fully legit brands can carry on as they are.

As long as there are things to knock off, there will always be knock offs made by unscrupulous people who appreciate a quick dollar.

Guys why are you like super angry at enlighten bricks I own some of the sets of their company and their quality is super amazing all the minifigures are cool and each set has 2 or more play features . BY THE WAY, Lego is a rip off as well. If someone remembers the story, OLE KIRK CHRISTIANSEN went to an exhibition of machines for new ideas of producting toys so he passed through a machine which was a PLASTIC MOULDER and received some brick-like toy pieces and bought the machine!! WHY IS LEGO A RIP OFF? you ask!! Before OLE KIRK CHRISTIANSEN started making LEGO SETS their was already a brick toy brand named KIDDYBLOCKS  and there was also a company before KIDDYBLOCKS (don't know name) so if you all are thinking lego is the first brick toy company OH YOU ARE WRONG !!!! Therefore,LEGO IS A RIP OFF AS WELL !!'

7 hours ago, Selfiesaif123 said:

Guys why are you like super angry at enlighten bricks I own some of the sets of their company and their quality is super amazing all the minifigures are cool and each set has 2 or more play features . BY THE WAY, Lego is a rip off as well. If someone remembers the story, OLE KIRK CHRISTIANSEN went to an exhibition of machines for new ideas of producting toys so he passed through a machine which was a PLASTIC MOULDER and received some brick-like toy pieces and bought the machine!! WHY IS LEGO A RIP OFF? you ask!! Before OLE KIRK CHRISTIANSEN started making LEGO SETS their was already a brick toy brand named KIDDYBLOCKS  and there was also a company before KIDDYBLOCKS (don't know name) so if you all are thinking lego is the first brick toy company OH YOU ARE WRONG !!!! Therefore,LEGO IS A RIP OFF AS WELL !!'

This is a six year old thread. There is nothing to add to this.

Also, if he cared to read the thread, all his points were put in a much more articulate manner, actual years ago. 

Please be aware Selfesaif, I'll be keeping an eye on posting maturity levels.

just out of interest does anyone regard S-BRICK as a lego clone and refuse to use it with lego,

i joined this forum to look at amazing builds/techniques etc not to be criticised for what bricks is used.in my MOCs,

not sure if this is the right place for this post,but i will make it my last !!!!!!

To my understanding, a clone is an (however exact) duplicate of something Lego is already producing or has produced. I don't see anything resembling an S-Brick in the current or past Lego lineup... neither something like a BuWizz. So to me, neither S-Brick nor BuWizz is a clone of any sorts.