Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Maybe they didn't put the out on display yet.

I'm sure everything they put out has a set release date, but I doubt they stick exactly to it for everything. It's not like a midnight release sort of thing.

Many stores had them out early, and some of them are bound to have them out later.

Would anyone be willing to pick up 1 clown minifg, 10 pre historic man (or whatever you call them guys with clubs) and 10-20 forestman? Ill pay for shipping and extra for work. I cannot find these anywhere. PM me.

Having split a case with a few friends, here's our assortment:

3 Hunter

3 Cheerleader

3 Clown

3 Luchador

3 Nurse

3 Zombie

3 Skater

4 Robot

4 Magician

4 Spaceman

4 Forestman

4 Cowboy

4 Caveman

5 Diver

5 Ninja

5 Dummy

Having been present for the opening of another sealed case, the assortment was identical.

Well I went to my local TRU today and finally found a box....too bad it was empty. :hmpf_bad: Also, it seems TRU has raised the price of them to $2.49 (at least the one I went to). It's a shame really, you'd be better off buying them off Bricklink for some of the figs. :sceptic:

After checking bacrodes, I opened 16 bags and got 1x each.

The only surprise was that bag content was abit smelly (beacuse of the miniposter, I think).

I have also noticed that if you use your teeth to tear open the bag, it has a funny taste to it (presumably connected to the smell)

Just out of curiousity, has anyone else ordered these from S@H? I ordered my maximum 5 today (:hmpf:) and am wondering how the assortment of the figures are. I am hoping I get 5 different ones, as opposed to 3 or 4 different ones with doubles. I hope they utilize the barcodes to give 5 different figures for each order...

-darthperson

Just out of curiousity, has anyone else ordered these from S@H? I ordered my maximum 5 today (:hmpf:) and am wondering how the assortment of the figures are. I am hoping I get 5 different ones, as opposed to 3 or 4 different ones with doubles. I hope they utilize the barcodes to give 5 different figures for each order...

-darthperson

It has only been availalable at S@H for less than 24 hours, so you are likely going to be of the first people to find out, please do tell...

I just received my complete collection. 16 lovely minifigs, yay! :thumbup:

I'm going to take my sweet time "building" them. They look great so far.

Wow. They're sold out in the EU-S@H. Bummer, as I'm yet to get hold of a box of these.

So where can I buy a sealed box of these in the US? It seems almost impossible to find them.

I bought three sets the last week, and they were all different, although it looked like the barcodes were not the same as on Holodoc's list. There were some other lines or no lines at all on places were they should be.

Maybe Tlc changed them to annoy all that Afols who want to break the code. :tongue:

After all, I'm very happy with my figs for now. I only hope they will make the 3x4 tile/plate with only 4 studs on it for next lines in different colours.

I decided I'll get about 4 or 5 from S1, the Zombie, Magician, Spaceman are at the top of my list. Since I'm looking for new parts, what 1 or 2 should I get? :wink: (Does anyone else have a really hard time deciding between 2+ sets that are about the same price and part amount? :cry_sad: )

After all, I'm very happy with my figs for now. I only hope they will make the 3x4 tile/plate with only 4 studs on it for next lines in different colours.

What if they had unique colors and/or printing? Then the only reused part would be the Black Dooku hair. :tongue: Prints could have the name on one side of the studs and a small peice of the ground that has to do with it.

Ideas:(These are just the general themes)

Circus-Black/Red floor with curved white lines to make a circle(s)?(It would either be really awesome, or really :sick: )

Beach-Blue/Water, with ripples where the fig stands.

Horror-Grey?/Spiders, dusty wood?

Sci-fi-Light bley/Polished metal(I'm not against anyone from Poland :tongue: )

Historic(Indian, Forestman, Gladiator)-Dark green, Dark bley/Grass, stone.

I'm too tired to finish it, I'll give it to anyone who wants it.

Toys R Us...Walmart...Target...Sears....Meijer.... nothing....nada...nista...zip...zero... several of these stores in my area. not a bag. anyone willing to pick some of these bags for us less fortunate ones (findingwise that is ;) ) ?

I have also noticed that if you use your teeth to tear open the bag, it has a funny taste to it (presumably connected to the smell)

...compared to what?? :wacko:

I never thought it could happen here, but my local Smyths sold out their two boxes in a couple of days. Way more popular than I'd expected. I didn't even get any from them.

You know as far as the US is concerned, I'm beginning to think they're only available at Toys R Us. I have yet to see them anywhere else, but then again the official release date for these is in late June so it might just be a case of TRU breaking (or TLG allowing them) the street date. It is odd, however, how these are being seen in Canadian Walmarts. :wacko:

If you have a Lego store nearby (Or somewhat nearby), they seem to have them...though sadly they sell out in no time. I went to my local Lego store in hopes of finding the last two and they told me they have them and still are receiving shipments...just they sell out in no time at all. Pity.

If you have a Lego store nearby (Or somewhat nearby), they seem to have them...though sadly they sell out in no time. I went to my local Lego store in hopes of finding the last two and they told me they have them and still are receiving shipments...just they sell out in no time at all. Pity.

The closest one is 3.5 hrs away.Its a bit odd that they came up with 16 different figures but only 5 can be ordered fom lego.com. Doesnt make any sense, how are you supposed to collect all 16 if you can order only five?!?! Blah.

You know as far as the US is concerned, I'm beginning to think they're only available at Toys R Us. I have yet to see them anywhere else, but then again the official release date for these is in late June so it might just be a case of TRU breaking (or TLG allowing them) the street date. It is odd, however, how these are being seen in Canadian Walmarts. :wacko:

Indeed.

I tried searching Toys R Us up here in Canada to no avail. Then I dropped into a local Walmart and found 5 boxes. Needless to say, I grabbed what I wanted as I didn't want to be shut out on this series. The average consumer would undoubtedly be disappointed as I scored 6 cheerleaders and 8 forestmen; far more than my fair share.

Interestingly enough, In Walmart the figures were just on a shelf in the LEGO section making them easy pickings for theives. At least 12 bags I saw were ripped open with the contents removed. Unwanted figures were simply left behind. Strange as it may be, one of those figures was the Nurse. Leave it to a few kids and disgruntled collectors to ruin the experience for others. I hope that these aren't like many collector's items where they aren't available for a significant period as I really hope others get their hauls. I certainly wouldn't mind grabbing a few more cheerleaders and forestmen either, but for now I'm pretty content.

The closest one is 3.5 hrs away.Its a bit odd that they came up with 16 different figures but only 5 can be ordered fom lego.com. Doesnt make any sense, how are you supposed to collect all 16 if you can order only five?!?! Blah.

Artificial scarcity is the core of selling collectibles.

My guess is that the limits (at lego.com, at lego stores and at some other retailers) are simply to stop the scalping that has been going on where people are buying large amounts (even whole boxes) and either selling the bags unopened or opening them and selling the figs.

Stateside Bricklink sellers are selling individual hairpieces, torsos and accessories for $US1-2 a piece, and in the States they only cost $US2 a bag, so you can see that there is money to be made on these things :wink:

Stateside Bricklink sellers are selling individual hairpieces, torsos and accessories for $US1-2 a piece, and in the States they only cost $US2 a bag, so you can see that there is money to be made on these things :wink:

People really need to get these figures while they can. If these parts never become part of LEGO's mainline product offerings some of the more universal (and useful parts) will probably fetch a small fortune on Bricklink. I can easily see the popular figs listed for $10-20 in a year or two.

In otherwords; build your zombie/cheerleader army now!

This morning I hit 3 toys stores (out of 4 I wanted to go to), no figs yet (while some June sets were there).

I still think I took the right decision buying a 60 bags box on S@H.

And I used scissors to open the bags, not my teeth, so I can't tell if the smell turns into bad tast in your mouth :tongue:

This morning I hit 3 toys stores (out of 4 I wanted to go to), no figs yet (while some June sets were there).

I still think I took the right decision buying a 60 bags box on S@H.

And I used scissors to open the bags, not my teeth, so I can't tell if the smell turns into bad tast in your mouth :tongue:

how did u manage buying 60 bags when the limit is 5?