Sign in to follow this  
segambit

Newbie, how long will 10182 Cafe last?

Well, been many years since i did "Play" with lego. Did se this in the store yesterday, and WOW.

How many hours will this last? If it 2-3 evenings it doesnt really feel worth it;)

Cheers

Sorry but i am having trouble understanding just what you are asking? Are you trying to link to another site? Post pictures of Cafe Corner?

The set itself is currently sold out in a few countries on S@H, so if you want it grab it! It seems like Lego will only have two Modular sets on sale at one time, and as this is the oldest of the three currently on sale you better grab it now.

Cheers

ISC

Sorry but i am having trouble understanding just what you are asking? Are you trying to link to another site? Post pictures of Cafe Corner?

The set itself is currently sold out in a few countries on S@H, so if you want it grab it! It seems like Lego will only have two Modular sets on sale at one time, and as this is the oldest of the three currently on sale you better grab it now.

Cheers

ISC

Sorry i wonder how long it will take me to build the cafe corner set. Is it like 10 hours or 20?

"Last", as in how long you're gonna enjoy it, I guess? I don't think that's a question which anyone can answer for you. If you've got second thoughts about it, I guess it pretty much tells you all you need to know - although these sets are really stunning in person, pics can never do them enough justice.

That aside, I think you don't have too much time to make up your mind tho. It'll be a month tops before the Cafe Corner is completely off the shelves and prices will skyrocket then...

P.S.: Oh, as to the build - it shouldn't take THAT long. No matter how long you haven't been playing with LEGO, the instructions are extremely thorough, so I'd give 10 hours TOPS - that is, if you take your time - a lot of it...

Edited by TheOtters

I understood you, ISC is just a little slow. :tongue:

My copy of this set is arriving next week, but already I think I can recommend it. I have seen Green Grocer in person and it is fantastic. I'm sure Cafe Corner must be too. But don't take too long to buy it or you'll be paying top dollar for it! :sceptic:

The best of luck anyway. :classic:

My copy of this set is arriving next week, but already I think I can recommend it. I have seen Green Grocer in person and it is fantastic. I'm sure Cafe Corner must be too. But don't take too long to buy it or you'll be paying top dollar for it! :sceptic:

The best of luck anyway. :classic:

Thx, i think Green Grocer looks more fun, but i know cafe corner will be out of stock soon. Why i wonder about the time is that the set cost me about 220 dollar in the EU, so i really like to get my money worth ;) Dont like it to be to easy.

The modular building series is definately aimed at adult fans, and this was confirmed when I was talking with Jamie Berard (the designer of Cafe Corner) a fortnight ago. So you won't get a model more complex than this one! I'd say go for it if your funds allow, you won't be dissapointed.

If you're having second thoughts, read my review of it (link in my signature). I feel that it's the most complete review available, and at a high quality too. For me, I built most of the first floor in half an hour, and finished the rest in one evening. So in total, it took me about 4-5 hours.

Hope this helped. :wink:

Correct, sorry for my bad english, from the EU.

Thats not a problem mate, it can be tough with using english on this site if it isn't your native tongue. As for the set, I feel it is a nice set, but prefer Green grocer to it due to Cafe Corner having no interior. From the outside they both look fantastic though.

Kids will do that to you....

The modular building series is definately aimed at adult fans, and this was confirmed when I was talking with Jamie Berard (the designer of Cafe Corner) a fortnight ago. So you won't get a model more complex than this one! I'd say go for it if your funds allow, you won't be dissapointed.

Shameless plug On! :sick:

No matter what, it won't take you more than 8 hours. For me personally, I've built a few things equal in size in around 3 hours, I know I'm not the fastest, but I'm about to tackle the Death Star, and time myself the whole way.

So, if you're new enough to think it'll take 20 hours, then I'd estimate 8.

If you're having second thoughts, read my review of it (link in my signature). I feel that it's the most complete review available, and at a high quality too. For me, I built most of the first floor in half an hour, and finished the rest in one evening. So in total, it took me about 4-5 hours.

Hope this helped. :wink:

You kinda sound a bit braggadocious (the word of the day :tongue: ) there, but luckily, your review is the best on EB. :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

You kinda sound a bit braggadocious (the word of the day :tongue: ) there, but luckily, your review is the best on EB. :thumbup:

I didn't mean to brag too much but it did pass as my final review deeming me worthy of the rank of Academy teacher. :grin: Also, people commented that I pointed details that dunamis' original review didn't include, like the hidden door.

Oh, and thank you. :sweet:

I just put mine together a couple days ago and it took almost exactly 4 hours. This was powering through, no breaks. 2 hours for the first floor, 1 each for the second and third.

Wow, you guys build so quickly! A 1000 piece set takes me about 5-6 hours, so Cafe Corner would probably take me 8 or more, if I don't stop to take pictures. :look:

(Let's just say that you guys don't like to enjoy/savor the first time building a set. :tongue:)

(Let's just say that you guys don't like to enjoy/savor the first time building a set. :tongue:)

Yes, I don't understand the urge to speed-build or rush through a set as quickly as possible. I like to take my time and savour the experience. If I spend that much on a set, I want to have a memorable experience :tongue:

English originates from an EU country, namely England :tongue: (sorry had to say it)

On the OP question: how long will it take to build CC? I can remember it was the first set in years I didn't finish in one evening. I remember start me building at approx. 7 pm till 11 pm and it wasn't finished. I think in total it took something like 7 or 8 hours to build.

I would advice you to take your time, since it is an extreme enjoyable build :)

Are we participating in LEGO Building speed competition? :look:

If not, why should the building duration matters? Personally, are we asking for an average comparison of building speeds, for measuring purposes, but I don't think it matters whom build the fastest or slowest. we are not in a competition.

As a consumer and AFOL, you bought a LEGO set because you like that product design, and part of the buying experience is your building experience. Will you want to ruin your building experience when you have to pay money for it. Afterall, the building experience is one of the primary reasons for you to own a LEGO set.

My advice is to take your time and don't rush into things, simply because we want to be the fastest builder for Cafe Corner. The answer is no, ultimately its you, yourself whom decide whether the building experience is worthwhile or not...

Right - WhiteFang, Svelte - when building these modulars, I also take the time to enjoy the work in process and look at it from various angles, study the techniques that ultimately become hidden from the outside. I usually do a modular building in two sits. So I'd say about 4-6 hours for me. I really don't time it.

Having built GG and just finished CC, I'd say half of my building time goes into the first floor, and the other half for the top two floors of both GG and CC, but that's because of the tilework. I really don't time myself either, and I watch TV, take breaks pretty often, do something else (my LDD Truck *coughshamelessplugcough*), and Cafe Corner took me about 3 days to finish, building it little by little throughout the 3 days.

Thanks all. This item costs me about 220 dollar here, so its not cheap.

So why i wonder was that if it takes 3-4 hours to build, well then its very expensive "fun time" :tongue::) Mostly since my kids are way to young to play with it.

really think the 10185 looks more fun to build, but since Cafe is getting harder and harder to find i can always get 10185 later.

I did order both cafe corner and green grocer to day :) I will build slowly for a hour every day, then they will last a while.

Any suggestions on what smaller kits to buy that fits nicely outside the houses?

Guys, I really do think that the real fun starts once you're done building those sets, so don't worry, it's not just an expensive 4 or 5-hour build :classic:

As to smaller kits - off the top of my head, I'd recommend the BBQ Stand as a small but nice addition - even though I personally don't own it or plan on buying it. As far as vehicles are concerned, I feel the Recycling Truck looks really realistic alongside the Modular sets. Next year's Repair Truck should also make a nice addition.

Basically, most Lego CITY vehicle sets are very much compatible with the Exclusive Modulars. Coupled with the fact that TRU had a discount sale a few weeks ago I snatched around a few CITY vehicles---Cement Mixer Truck, Recycle truck, Police Cars, Minifig Collection, bbq stand, even City Corner (the bus and the bust stop is just about perfect for modulars)... I think they all make a great supporting cast.