Legoliner Pilot

City sets availability

I just was reading a list of someone's reviews on SAH and I noticed that they had a review of 7738. But under the review, it said "This item is no longer available". So I went to the page and it was still able to be purchased! :alien:

I think Coast Guard will be completely phased out by the end of 2010.... Considering that the platform and truck with speedboat have been removed, that only leaves four sets, not including promos.

There isn't really a need for a separate thread to discuss the availability of each and every City subtheme, especially when we know from the natural order of things that sets usually last a year or two.

I will rename this thread so a general 'City sets availability' thread (like the Star Wars one) so if people want, they can discuss this topic here.

Bear in mind that the US/ North American S@H and European S@H are coordinated from different centres, so what is available in one region may not be available in the other. You can always check this on S@H by selecting a different country.

There isn't really a need for a separate thread to discuss the availability of each and every City subtheme, especially when we know from the natural order of things that sets usually last a year or two.

I will rename this thread so a general 'City sets availability' thread (like the Star Wars one) so if people want, they can discuss this topic here.

Bear in mind that the US/ North American S@H and European S@H are coordinated from different centres, so what is available in one region may not be available in the other. You can always check this on S@H by selecting a different country.

This set is about Coast Guard, not general CITY! There was no reason to change the name of this topic! It was about Coast Guard and Coast guard only!

It was about Coast Guard and Coast guard only!

Which is just a City subtheme and as such could have been expected to be phased out sooner or later. And yes, while that it is interesting news, we don't necessarily need a thread specifically for Coast guard, whereas a common thread discussing the availability of all City sets as proposed by Svelte makes much MUCH more sense.

I was wondering has anyone been able to find these two sets still available for purchase in the USA?

Mail Van

7731-1.jpg

and

Service Station

7993-1.jpg

:classic:

The Mail Van was cancelled some time ago, macoco... unfortunately :hmpf_bad: . I though it was a wonderful little set - should have bought another one when I had the chance.

As to the Service Station - I believe it's still available in Europe / the UK, but sales of that stopped in the USA as early as January this year... Guess they're slowly phasing it out in favour of the new Garage (7642), since they are pretty similar anyway.

As to the Service Station - I believe it's still available in Europe / the UK, but sales of that stopped in the USA as early as January this year... Guess they're slowly phasing it out in favour of the new Garage (7642), since they are pretty similar anyway.

Some of the City sets seem to have a limited release - the Service Station set was only on shelves in Australia here for a month or two before disappearing evemore, although it's been available on S@H since its release.

The Mail Van was cancelled some time ago, macoco... unfortunately :hmpf_bad: . I though it was a wonderful little set - should have bought another one when I had the chance.

Thanks!

That is a shame the Mail Van I really wanted as it was a cool set :hmpf_bad:

I hope they make a Post Office that has another Mail Truck

On BL the prices are quite steep in the USA and airmail international isn't much better :sadnew:

As for the service Station

Sadly I don't live in Europe and shipping would be too much compared to if I buy in the store

They really need to have longer run time of these sets

The other problem that made me angry was they were both TRU exclusives :hmpf:

Edited by Macoco

I know this may go to a diffenent forum but I was checking S@H for the land of Oz and found the 7945 Fire Station is sold out plus the ever so faithful 7239 Fire Truck is on Backorder till 12th March 2010 ! :oh3:

Could this mean the final end to the 7239 and others like ?

7993 service station :sad:

10182 cafe corner

10184 town plan :sad:

7990 cement mixer :sad:

7733 truck & forklift :sad:

7898 cargo train :sad:

7997 train station

7734 cargo plane :sad:

These are all sold out for Australia, how about for your part of the world ? :look:

I've merged this topic with the old one :wink:

There are only 2 parts of the world as far as S@H is concerned - US and non-US - so if it's sold out in Aus it will be sold out in all the non-US countries, as well.

I've merged this topic with the old one :wink:

There are only 2 parts of the world as far as S@H is concerned - US and non-US - so if it's sold out in Aus it will be sold out in all the non-US countries, as well.

Thank you 'Svelte' I had a feeling I had it in the wrong place. :thumbup:

It appears that retailiers around the world are having Lego 'fire sales', either offering crazy prices or just cutting products even if they have been out only for a few months. Kmart is Australia is a classic example of 'cut & run' in particular one Mr. I.Jones and even some City sets, but there is the comeback of Police though! :oh3:

I visited the Lego Store in Milton Keynes last night and stock was very healthy on a lot of sets I haven't seen anywhere else!

Toys R Us and Argos have pathetic stocks of Lego at the moment, as do Tesco and Sainsbury's!

The Milton Keynes Lego Store had these sets I haven't seen in other places:

7639 Camper Van

7641 City Corner

7747 Wind Turbine Transport

7743 Police Truck

7245 Prisoner Transport

7898 Cargo Train Deluxe

7993 Service Station

7732 Air Mail Plane

7739 Coast Gaurd Patrol Boat & Tower

10194 Emerald Night

10185 Green Grocer

10197 Fire Brigade

Eiffel Tower

Police HQ no stocks about and Old Fire Station Stock is empty and won't be replaced I am told.

Old fire station is in plentiful supply in Ireland still, should anyone be seeking it out.

I found 7732 Air Mail in the onboard shop on the Ulysses car ferry last week, not seen that one *anywhere* except S@H. Was 2 euro cheaper than the Irish S@H price also!

What about the Police HQ?

Last night I found these at a local Kmart for $ 88au, they have just started restocking them.

As far as I'm concerned (as are many brits), lego availability is extremely poor. Supermarkets, a TRU and Argos. All with (essentially) the same range. I wish Lego hadn't closed their birmingham store...

BTW, and for those on here who say Milton Keynes is only an hour away... Milton Keynes is a pretty 'carp' [rearrange the a and r] city/town if you get my drift. The birmingham store was fresh, well stocked, had many staff, and undeniably clean. You could eat your dinner off the floor! And at least the price of a set went (more or less) to Lego themselves...

As far as I'm concerned (as are many brits), lego availability is extremely poor. Supermarkets, a TRU and Argos. All with (essentially) the same range. I wish Lego hadn't closed their birmingham store...

I actually think almost all of City is the easiest to get hold of in the UK, along with Star Wars (which is just as well for me :sweet: )

I only ever have problems getting the promotional/special sets such as those aforementioned in this thread

The new red tractor is available in Sweden. Is it avaiable everywhere else? I am not up to date.

In the great land of down under (Australia), most retailiers including online ones that export overseas still have heaps of them in stock !

Red tractor would be everywhere here, even supermarkets.

Ireland is *relatively* good for set availability. We have a big indigenous* toy shop, Smyths, who usually have all the common sets in stock, from every theme. Good luck finding anything unusual from City though (like, ooh, road baseplates...). No Toys R Us at all; and the usual limited selection of sets in Argos and Tesco. We've got Toymaster's like the UK also has but they vary wildly.

Prices are generally very, very good. Smyths is cheaper for mainstream sets than the Lego store in Brighton - which the staff there found hard to believe!

*Smyths have a handful of stores in Britain too, but they're from Ireland, HQ in Galway.

Edited by Cian

From what I have been able to find out, is that the little red tractor is being canned by Lego. So if you find one, buy one !

Helicopter transport and front end loader are also being canned.

From what I have been able to find out, is that the little red tractor is being canned by Lego. So if you find one, buy one !

Helicopter transport and front end loader are also being canned.

It's not really good to judge world availability based on Australia. A lot of the retailers here are very risk averse, so even if they could stock something, they may not if it's been around a while, they'll generally only stock the newer stuff. On the other hand they will also stock run-out stock provided they can discount it enough, so Australia sometimes gets really good deals seen nowhere else in the world.

Also some staff at the larger retailers will make stuff up. I'd only believe the above after confirming it in next years catalogue and/or if it was a lego sales rep, other than that it may just be speculation.

It's not really good to judge world availability based on Australia. A lot of the retailers here are very risk averse, so even if they could stock something, they may not if it's been around a while, they'll generally only stock the newer stuff. On the other hand they will also stock run-out stock provided they can discount it enough, so Australia sometimes gets really good deals seen nowhere else in the world.

Also some staff at the larger retailers will make stuff up. I'd only believe the above after confirming it in next years catalogue and/or if it was a lego sales rep, other than that it may just be speculation.

I have at least 7 ports where I obtain information, but this same information is being made public here only if people ask about something.

The lines I spoke of like the red tractor is not on the order sheets any more, so from that I say it's canned for regular retail outlets, it might still be fine on S@H though.

The lines I spoke of like the red tractor is not on the order sheets any more, so from that I say it's canned for regular retail outlets, it might still be fine on S@H though.

That does make a big difference, since there is independant objective evidence. At least for Australia anyway. Is that a particular retailers order sheet or a Lego one?