ACCURATEin

CITY: Extremely random photos from Lego City!

Sweet! The suburban houses are so detailed! Most builders just make them all the same, but you sure have put a lot of work into them.

Thanks! Yes, we've spent a lot of time with the residential street which is evident through the greenery and details. Next up is a pink house. I just can't decide whether or not to make it modular or just build another suburban house. :classic:

Next up is a pink house. I just can't decide whether or not to make it modular or just build another suburban house. :classic:

Oh, is *that* why the Charlotte PAB has those goofy curved pink plates? You planning ahead? ;)

(Seriously, though, I had a BLAST visiting the PAB last week - if only I'd filled a third cup - starting to run out again!)

Thats a nice airplane. :thumbup: Although I have never liked the engine on the back of the plane, you made it work. What method do you use to power your homes, how does it work?

Oh, is *that* why the Charlotte PAB has those goofy curved pink plates? You planning ahead? ;)

(Seriously, though, I had a BLAST visiting the PAB last week - if only I'd filled a third cup - starting to run out again!)

I hate that i missed a fellow Eurobricks member! I must have been working at the speedway that day when you visited the store. The pink plates were a surprise to me when we received that massive shipment of PaB boxes.

At any rate, i'm glad you had a blast filling up the cups. As i've seen in your newest thread, you've put the pieces to excellent use!

Thats a nice airplane. :thumbup: Although I have never liked the engine on the back of the plane, you made it work. What method do you use to power your homes, how does it work?

Thanks a lot! There is more detail that can be done to the engine.

As for the lighting, i've found some LED lights that are powered by AA batteries. I have lodged the battery box in the roof section of the creator house and the 20 or so lights do a good job of illuminating the interior of the dwelling. I bought 3 more LED kits that will find a home inside some of the buildings in the near future. :classic:

WOW!

I love it! I wish my city would be so big :classic:

haha Thank you! It has grown a lot since march of earlier this year.

Right now i'm waiting on a bricklink order with about 60 rock panels. The plan is to build a cliff and have some elevation changes to give the city some height!

Stay tuned for updates everyone! :classic:

Nice! Height differences always add a lot to layouts.

Nice! Height differences always add a lot to layouts.

I have been inspired by multiple MOCs lately and decided that adding some height could be a fun challenge and make for a great display. We received a bunch of the rock panels today and it looks like it will be possible to build a relatively decent sized cliff. Here are a few shots of the current city.

:classic:

Here is what we've got so far of the pink California styled house that will sit at the top of the hill/cliff...

dsc0252ob.jpg

We have found that the soil upon which the city is built is extremely fertile as trees have been sprouting up almost weekly!! haha

dsc0253n.jpg

I also recently gave in and finally purchased the Eiffle Tower. The plan is to use the pieces to build a skyscraper. This is what it looked like before I started the final design earlier tonight.

dsc0257e.jpg

That's all for now!

The height of that thing is just immense!

Looking forward to that skyscraper... I'll definitely keep up with this (I'm a huge (real) skyscraper fan)

WOW!

I'm blown away by the size of your city! Kids dream for sure!

Edited by DanUK

Holy smoke!! You got a really nice city. This is the just the reason why I need to get myself a house pronto.

There are so many nice houses and details all around. Have been looking at your pics for more than half an hour.

Just wondering in one of the pics where all the trucks are going? The road has a dead end :tongue:

That pink house looks so cool, with that garage it looks very authentic too. That skyscraper idea is veryy nice, and I llike the look of it so far :thumbup:

Wow, that in an amazing setup! The large sign hanging above it is really cool, i actually want to make one! I like your police department that has LCPD in the building style use on fire brigade as well as the Chili's :thumbup: .

The height of that thing is just immense!

Looking forward to that skyscraper... I'll definitely keep up with this (I'm a huge (real) skyscraper fan)

I've got an update on the skyscraper!... I think i'm going to build it until it gets close to the ceiling.

dsc0278et.jpg

WOW!

I'm blown away by the size of your city! Kids dream for sure!

haha thanks! I should make a video of it and post it on youtube for the kids to see worldwide!

Holy smoke!! You got a really nice city. This is the just the reason why I need to get myself a house pronto.

There are so many nice houses and details all around. Have been looking at your pics for more than half an hour.

Just wondering in one of the pics where all the trucks are going? The road has a dead end :tongue:

Thanks! The trucks are all patiently awaiting the road to be extended into the next phase of the city. :classic:

That pink house looks so cool, with that garage it looks very authentic too. That skyscraper idea is veryy nice, and I llike the look of it so far :thumbup:

Thanks! The pink house is styled after the houses in California.

Wow, that in an amazing setup! The large sign hanging above it is really cool, i actually want to make one! I like your police department that has LCPD in the building style use on fire brigade as well as the Chili's :thumbup: .

Thanks! My girlfriend made the LCPD and she was happy when i showed her your comment.

Wow, your town is progressing very well!

Your trees have interesting designs and that skyscraper is looking gigantic! I can't wait to see it finished.

Keep up the good work!

That's a whole lotta trans-blue.... and grey, which makes me wish I snagged the Eiffel Tower (between that and Cafe Corner, I just had to choose Cafe Corner)

The skyscraper may look a bit simple right now but once it gets some more height it's going to be a commanding presence in the city and will be a sight to behold. Build taller, higher! :thumbup:

Everytime I look at your layout I keep being impressed! It's a great thing that you've added more trees because they somehow match with the tan houses perfectly!

The residential area is still my favorite section. :thumbup:

The skyscraper is just impressive! :oh:

I've done a little more work to the city...

Yeah, too little... :hmpf:

:tongue:

That skyscraper is becoming B I G... I really like all the detailing to your town, all the trees and plants really give it a finished look. Oh, and that elevated train is really good as well... :classic:

that is amazing, love the skyscraper, I see you bought the new fire station but don't attually see the fire station have to turned it into something else

Lots of work I see :oh3: . I can't tell but is the skyscraper going to have an interior or just the building. Also, I don't see the pink dolphin hotel. Keep up the good building. :laugh:

This is great. Is it just me or does the farmer behind the AT-ST look a little bit like George Lucas :tongue: . This is very well done and I really like the whole setup good work.

Everytime I look at your layout I keep being impressed! It's a great thing that you've added more trees because they somehow match with the tan houses perfectly!

The residential area is still my favorite section. :thumbup:

The skyscraper is just impressive! :oh:

Yeah, too little... :hmpf:

:tongue:

Thank you Sir! Building LEGO trees are fun. The trick is to find different ways to construct them.

That skyscraper is becoming B I G... I really like all the detailing to your town, all the trees and plants really give it a finished look. Oh, and that elevated train is really good as well... :classic:

haha the plan is to build it close to minifig scale and to the ceiling. Most of the pieces are from the PaB wall. I bought the boxes of three different elements. Thanks for the comments!

that is amazing, love the skyscraper, I see you bought the new fire station but don't attually see the fire station have to turned it into something else

Thank you Sir! Good eyes!...i had to take a look at my own photo to see how you determined that I had purchased the new fire station. It's a cool set..has lots of unique pieces. :classic:

Lots of work I see :oh3: . I can't tell but is the skyscraper going to have an interior or just the building. Also, I don't see the pink dolphin hotel. Keep up the good building. :laugh:

Right now it's just the exterior shell. The plan is the build the elevator and core at a later time. The pink hotel is sitting on a different table haha. Thanks for the comments.

This is great. Is it just me or does the farmer behind the AT-ST look a little bit like George Lucas :tongue: . This is very well done and I really like the whole setup good work.

haha he does look a bit like him. THanks for the comments!

Wow. That's really all I can say right now.

That is a very impressive Lego City. I can't believe I missed this, but that's not surprising since almost all my Lego is in storage for the time being. Consequently, I haven't been very active with it.

Yes there's Chili's in Europe... Well, there's at least one, on Ramstein AB in Germany. That was my first meal coming back from Iraq. I don't remember what I ate, only that I drank around $50 in Guinness

Wow. That's really all I can say right now.

That is a very impressive Lego City. I can't believe I missed this, but that's not surprising since almost all my Lego is in storage for the time being. Consequently, I haven't been very active with it.

Yes there's Chili's in Europe... Well, there's at least one, on Ramstein AB in Germany. That was my first meal coming back from Iraq. I don't remember what I ate, only that I drank around $50 in Guinness

Thank you Sir! I'm sure in time you will bring your LEGO stash out of storage and build epic MOCs! Sounds like a good time if you drank $50 worth!! nice!

Recently i've got one update for the city... SWAT truck!

004lg.jpg

006bu.jpg