RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

That was... beautiful. Journey's End was amazing, and that ending made BIONICLE ending early completely worth it. I love it.

Last Mata Nui Saga is really nice too, and the art is fantastic. I just got Tahu today, awesome set, and the Tahu standing near the beach was pretty powerful in the nostalgia factor. Wish it had voicing though.

Well, BIONICLE had a fantastic ending. All that is left is the final Battle Video... and the Story Serial!

Thank you Greg Farshtey, Binky, and Bob Thompson and sooo many others in letting BIONICLE thrive in greatness!

-ZotS

Tahu is like, uber-powerful now. He has all the Kraata powers he destroyed using the GA.

The scene with Tahu in MNS reminds me of the day he woke up on the beach 9 years ago. Oh, the nostalgia......

Tahu is like, uber-powerful now. He has all the Kraata powers he destroyed using the GA.

Yeah I know. Think of the posibilities - depending on what Rahkshi Makuta had sent out at the time, he could have anything from some of the Bohrok-Kal powers like Electricity and Vacuum, to some of the more interesting ones like adaption and limited invulnerability. Heck, in an ironic twist, he could potentially even have ice resistance! :laugh:

Then again, is it actually confirmed that Makuta sent out Rahkshi besides Heat Vision? I forgot what happened in the scene in JE when they came out of the robot - could someone remind me? :look:

Yeah I know. Think of the posibilities - depending on what Rahkshi Makuta had sent out at the time, he could have anything from some of the Bohrok-Kal powers like Electricity and Vacuum, to some of the more interesting ones like adaption and limited invulnerability. Heck, in an ironic twist, he could potentially even have ice resistance! :laugh:

Then again, is it actually confirmed that Makuta sent out Rahkshi besides Heat Vision? I forgot what happened in the scene in JE when they came out of the robot - could someone remind me? :look:

Yes. Greg stated the most prominent were Heat Vision (since he was the set) but that there were other Rahkshi.

Here's hoping there was at least one of each class (Tahu getting 42 powers. Epic xD)

Lets just say Tahu has every Makuta Power now.

Golden Makuta Toa Tahu. I couldn't end Bionicle better. :thumbup:

Nah, that's WAY too powerful. He'll probably have about 10-20 powers or something. Greg will decide that.

Although, I would like to see Tahu with Shapeshifting and Power Scream. That'd be AWESOME.

EDIT: Swiss Army Knife FTW!

Edited by Phantoka Kopaka Nuva

Nah, that's WAY too powerful. He'll probably have about 10-20 powers or something. Greg will decide that.

Although, I would like to see Tahu with Shapeshifting and Power Scream. That'd be AWESOME.

EDIT: Swiss Army Knife FTW!

Power Scream + Fire = Exploding Firey heads :P

I doubt Greg will let Tahu have more than 10 powers...

Aaaanyways, who else is impatient for Reign of Shadows end, and the new Alternate Makuta story begin, eh, eh?

PS: Also, the Alt. Makuta polls are up and running on the BS01 subforum on BZP.

Well, to some of the members here, that's actually a good thing, as it would be a waste just to reveal all his new powers right away. Revealing them gradually over the course of a serial is a far better way, IMO. :wink:

I hope Tahu's powers work somewhat similar to Peter from Heroes (when he still had them). He didn't seem too shocked when lasers burst out of his eyes in the chapter, so it would make sense that he needs to consciously select a power to use it. He could assume that he only has the powers of Rahkshi the Golden Armour killed, rather than all 42 powers, and he may not have seen all the varieties of Rahkshi that were on BM during the battle, so he would only gradually rediscover those powers during the serials.

What I hope doesn't happen is that he gets possessed by a Makuta mentality, due to the Makuta essence he absorbed.

Well, to some of the members here, that's actually a good thing, as it would be a waste just to reveal all his new powers right away. Revealing them gradually over the course of a serial is a far better way, IMO. :wink:

True. 2 of my questions are about that. But there was also a question about Tahu's power level. We know that Kraata have 6 stages of evolution, also means 6 stages of power. I asked him which level are Tahu's powers at, and well, he said it's too early to discuss.

But there was also a question about Tahu's power level.

My god, I have never seen anyone set themselves up as well as you just did.

True. 2 of my questions are about that. But there was also a question about Tahu's power level.

*Deep Breath*

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Edited by 3D Brickthing
Sized down the font, watch the spam ;)

Well it seems the fans are getting even more input into the story now, with BZP members pretty much being allowed to choose the ELEMENTS of the next team.

Well it seems the fans are getting even more input into the story now, with BZP members pretty much being allowed to choose the ELEMENTS of the next team.

Not as much as choosing, but more of a little stadistic of what fans want. It will be Greg who chooses the elements in the end. :classic:

Greg specified that the elements of the team need to be of uncommon ones, so the poll is more about letting him know which 2 elements people don't want to see.

Aside from it leading to two female Toa in the team, I can't see why people are choosing Psionics. Mind powers don't really combine with other Element powers in a co-operative battle, and Telekinesis strikes me as quite cheap/overpowered fora Toa to use, when another element should be used to do the same thing.

And Psionics doesn't even make sense as an element anyway.

Agreed. Why have an element like Psionics when you could be Nuju and practically have the same powers plus ice?

Agreed. Why have an element like Psionics when you could be Nuju and practically have the same powers plus ice?

Point is, any kind of power is more powerful as a Toa element than as a mask power. Having a Toa that can control all kinds of mind power is better than a Toa of Ice with only 1 mind power.

For that matter, why have an element like Gravity when you could be Hewkii had have practically the same powers plus stone? Or why have an element like Light when you could be Whenua and practically have the same powers plus earth?

Both your statement and mine are ludicrous, because Kanohi powers =/= elemental powers. Telekinesis is just one very, very small aspect of psionics, which controls all psionic energy.

What is psionic energy? Technically, for a skeptic, it doesn't exist, but the same applies for the "shadow energy" which Makuta control. There is no such thing as a "shadow blast", after all. Shadow is a lack of energy, not a type of energy in itself. Psionic energy is similar, yet it's actually a lot easier to define-- it's the energy of the mind. And, since BIONICLE is really a fantasy story where that energy is known to exist in various forms, the concept is right at home there.

Some people's criticisms of Psionics stem from the fact that it has no real physical manifestation, unlike most "standard" elements. But Gravity and Magnetism can both be considered similar in that respect. In fact, back in the day I was pretty appalled that so many Bohrok-Kal elements were revealed as Toa elements without hesitation-- the more recent element of Iron makes a lot more sense as an element in my eyes than magnetism or gravity, which are merely types of forces.

Really, there aren't any really well-founded criticisms of Psionics as an element. I don't like it all that much, but it makes at least as much sense as several other elements we know of.

Just recently I watched the new Iron Man film and I was surprised to see a sort of "cameo" from our good friend Makuta/Mata Nui:

11074L.jpg

Of course this isn't the first time fans have noticed a similarity between a Bionicle and a film character, as seen in this image from Transformers 2:

transformers-2-the-fallen.jpg

makuta%20fallen.JPGtransformers2poster.jpg

As you can see, The fallen takes on very similar characteristics to the 2003 Makuta.

The good thing is Marvel is now getting back at us for using the Iron Man head on the Glatorian. :monkey:

What's the resemblance, other than the fact that they're both robotic-looking?

Also, those "similar characteristics" are called black and red.

I have to agree, yeah. Any similarities are just superficial. A much better similarity I've seen (but still just marginally similar) was comparing The Fallen with a Skrall. At least those had the black-parts-with-red-zigzaggy-patterns going for them. Makuta's aesthetic isn't remotely similar besides the colors black and red, which are archetypical villain colors and aren't even organized similarly to the Makuta set.

As you may realize, I dissagree.

If you compare the overall build of both the fallen and Makuta, you will notice similar curves and parts. The only major thing that makes this hard to see is that the fallen has a way thinner build.

Also, it looks NOTHING like a Skrall. Do you see any shoulder spikes or a long head? NO.

Also the robot from IM2 has a nearly duplicate head to Mata Nui.

500px-Mata_Nui_Saga.png

If you look at Makuta Nui in this image, the comparison is rather obvious. You can see the similarity in the curve of the head and the shape of the mouth.

None of those comparisons look even slightly similar...

- Tilius

I think thats abit of an exaggeration, Tilius.

Edited by the last chronicler