Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

I still not really knew which fig was in which set and I post everything I think is interresting here

About Buzz, Well, there is a Buzz, but only a big Buzz and the little green alien with 3 eyes.

Do the little green aliens come in other sets? I'd rather not have to get three of the big Buzz just to get all three aliens. :laugh:

About Buzz, Well, there is a Buzz, but only a big Buzz and the little green alien with 3 eyes.

Ah, thanks. I took another look at the prelim box designs and saw that you're right.

Do the little green aliens come in other sets? I'd rather not have to get three of the big Buzz just to get all three aliens. :laugh:

There is one in the Giant Zurg set too. :wink:

About the release dates: I also took another look at the original official announcement of the Disney license, and indeed, it confirmed that the the TS 1&2 sets will be released in January, and the TS3 sets in June. :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

There is one in the Giant Zurg set too. :wink:

Darn, I was hoping to get more than one, considering I'll be buying the Zurg but not the Buzz.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Darn, I was hoping to get more than one, considering I'll be buying the Zurg but not the Buzz.
There's always Bricklink.

:wink:

Joe Meno of BrickJournal has shown us some pictures of the large Buzz set at BrickCon!

3975831284_b637b5f8bf.jpg

3975834122_dec437b70b.jpg

There may also be more pictures coming soon of the other sets!

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for the new, Pi! (You prefer Pi, don't you?)

I must admit, I'm not that impressed with the Buzz. It looks far too <insert that tiresome argument>, and Knight's Kingdom reminiscent. I'm surprised that they made a new glass piece, because I was expecting the dome from the Agents Robo Mech thingy.

Thanks for the heads up, now I think my wallet will relax a bit. :thumbup:

Well...At least we can see a side view of the jeep there. :tongue:

Unfortunately (Maybe not :wink: ) it looks like I'll be buying more of the Army 'Battle Pack' than planned, so I can extend the back of those jeeps.

And I agree, Inconspicuous. The Buzz does look a little too <insert that tiresome argument> for my taste. Guess I'll just be getting Zurg, and for the parts at that.

Edited by booger540

I must admit, I'm not that impressed with the Buzz. It looks far too <insert that tiresome argument>, and Knight's Kingdom reminiscent.

How are you getting "<insert that tiresome argument>" from that? Too blocky I'd agree with, but he is made of a lot of small parts, the only big ones I see are the dome and the head, both of which are necessary.

I must admit though my interest in the big Buzz faded upon seeing this pic, it appears he only looks good in certain poses.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Seems he lacks articulated elbows and knees, which does restrict his poseability considerably. I'll still get him, though, I still reckon he looks quite neat.

Well, yeah, Buzz does look a bit strange in that side view. But that doesn't make me want that set any less. As Batbrick said, this is one of those Lego sets that only look good from certain angles. But who cares - it's still BUZZ! :grin:

Thanks for the pics. I do hope we'll see a lot more soon! :sweet:

How are you getting "<insert that tiresome argument>" from that? Too blocky I'd agree with, but he is made of a lot of small parts, the only big ones I see are the dome and the head, both of which are necessary.

I must admit though my interest in the big Buzz faded upon seeing this pic, it appears he only looks good in certain poses.

<insert that tiresome argument> as in; Really blocky and somewhat out of proportions, I think. Note how they really emphasize how short and fat he is. :tongue:

No offense to Lego, but I don't think he really looks that great at all, in any pose. I would have to heavily modify him to get my approval, and I don't buy Power Miners (Very few lime green parts) and have too few spare white parts to make any satisfactory mods.

<insert that tiresome argument> as in; Really blocky and somewhat out of proportions, I think. Note how they really emphasize how short and fat he is. :tongue:

Yeah, what he said. Thanks for backing me up, booger540, that's exactly what I meant.

Thanks for the new pictures, Oky Wan Kenobi! Zurg is starting to look better than Buzz, and I'm really digging the Western Town. Nothing new for the Battle Pack?

You're welcome. :classic:

Nothing new for the Battle Pack?

Isn't different views of the jeep enough? We already have hi-res pics of the soldiers, so what else is there to show?

Thanks Oky Wan!

Does one of those pictures show the Buzz minifig's backpack folded down? Sure looks like it is.

I see some purple 1x1 round plates on Zurg's head, so that's deffinitely a good thing.

And I just realised that there is a second level on the Western bar, which could be a tad innapropriate for the younger builders. :tongue:

Not much else to see on the jeep, but absolutley love it more and more.

Thanks for the new, Pi! (You prefer Pi, don't you?)
Yes, just look at my signature. :tongue:

Thanks for finding the pics, Oky Wan!

These sets are looking great. I can't wait to see some reviews of these!

It's a shame that the printed parts for Buzz's helmet and wings are made in China, though (they're bagged separately). :sceptic:

EDIT: I misspelled hsame! :grin:

Edited by ILikePi

Does one of those pictures show the Buzz minifig's backpack folded down? Sure looks like it is.

If by "folded down" you mean "dismantled", then yes, that's what pic #8 is. :wink:

And I just realised that there is a second level on the Western bar, which could be a tad innapropriate for the younger builders. :tongue:

:laugh: Well, first of all, that's not a bar, it's the Sheriff's office. I guess it could be Woody's bedroom, but it looks like it's actually the place where he keeps the safe. :wink:

Not much else to see on the jeep, but absolutely love it more and more.

Same here. However, if you are to mod it from a toy jeep into a "real" jeep, you would have to extend it a bit as you suggested.

Thanks for finding the pics, Oky Wan!

No problem. I simply checked back into the photostream you linked to on the last page. :wink:

These sets are looking great. I can't wait to see some reviews of these!

As soon as I can get my hands on them, I'll make some. :thumbup:

If by "folded down" you mean "dismantled", then yes, that's what pic #8 is. :wink:
I thought it looked like the wings could actually fold downards, but I guess that's just as good. :grin:
:laugh: Well, first of all, that's not a bar, it's the Sheriff's office. I guess it could be Woody's bedroom, but it looks like it's actually the place where he keeps the safe. :wink:
:blush: Oh... I keep reading 'Sherrif,' but those doors keep saying 'Bar.' :tongue:
Same here. However, if you are to mod it from a toy jeep into a "real" jeep, you would have to extend it a bit as you suggested.
I'll be trying several types of vehicles with just these green parts. Too bad I would have to spend over a hundred dollars solely on these to do that.

:blush: Oh... I keep reading 'Sherrif,' but those doors keep saying 'Bar.' :tongue:

Well, obviously you need some glasses because it clearly says Sheriff, not "Sherrif". :tongue:

On a side note, I'm still intrigued by why we have seen the Buzz fig with only half a helmet so far. :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

As far as I can see, his helmet is folded back. :tongue:

Thanks for those pictures, the Jeep is looking great! :cry_happy:

Well, obviously you need some glasses because it clearly says Sheriff, not "Sherrif". :tongue:
Funny thing, I actually prefer contacts. :grin:

Thank you very much for the pics, ILikePi and OkyWan Kenobi! :classic:

When looking at blurry pics I thought that the Western town would perhaps look fine - but seeing it now it looks havy <insert that tiresome argument>. :thumbdown:

But the soldiers' car looks very realisitic and lovely! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter