Skinny Boy

Apocalyptic Community Build - Building Time

Nice work their Jamiedodger714, I like how you presented the wall. However I am confused how this thing is gonna come together when black rabbit will be doing his wall like this:

euro.jpg

Basically what I am saying is that your wall is brilliant but which type of walll should I go for. More likely yours because one of my slots is next to yours. Oh and I will post an early draft of my moc soon.

Yes, I proposed a common wall design, like in EBCCB, and I think we need it.

Jammiedodger, perhaps you could make your MOC look more like a destroyed building, and not like a cliff face.

Edited by Admiral M

Yes, I proposed a common wall design, like in EBCCB, and I think we need it.

Jammiedodger, perhaps you could make your MOC look more like a destroyed building, and not like a cliff face.

If he makes it a destroyed building then my wall section design will blend well with it. If he keeps it the way it is the whole project will get messed up.

Guys I'm almost certain that Black Rabbit's design was not actually part of this project and was just a suggestion, which was appropriately shot down by Skinny Boy since the cliff design would be too complicated and a wall better, which I agree with.

Jamiedodger714, I think you need to rework your section. It looks like a cliff face and not a wall, and needs some greys or browns to make it look more vivid. Also, it could use a lot more detail. I'm not trying to be a spoilsport here, but we are trying to make a sweet post apoc town here sourrounded by a wall that has been built, or intergrated into buildings.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

I won't be doing mine with a small rock ledge but what i will be useing is the rusty metal fence design.I'm waiting for more sections to come in before i finish and post mine so i can get an idea on what everyones idea of this is.

If you need any inspiration in terms of wall design, you can check out my row of houses on page 3. I used some of those fence/gate pieces from the Agents set "Turbocar Chase". Is spot 33 still open? I was thinking I could put something there.

Edited by Admiral M

I hate to sound rude, but I'm not surprised about United Brick. (wasn't he banned before?)

I built a large(ish) truck, could be for supplies or weapons:

*snip*

The building looks better, but still very well kept. The vehicle, well right now is irrelevant. They don't really have a place, unless you incorporate them into your modules (apologies, I know its hard to do with only 16x16 studs to use).

Here is my section:

*snip*

As others have said, it doesn't exactly look like a wall, more of a cliffside. What sort of approach were you going for?

Guys I'm almost certain that Black Rabbit's design was not actually part of this project and was just a suggestion, which was appropriately shot down by Skinny Boy since the cliff design would be too complicated and a wall better, which I agree with.

Jamiedodger714, I think you need to rework your section. It looks like a cliff face and not a wall, and needs some greys or browns to make it look more vivid. Also, it could use a lot more detail. I'm not trying to be a spoilsport here, but we are trying to make a sweet post apoc town here sourrounded by a wall that has been built, or intergrated into buildings.

You know, you really ought to be running this. :tongue: But, I only disliked the "hillside" aspect of Black Rabbit's module. Everything else was great. And he hit the nail right on the head with the fence. It was simple, used few pieces, and was very creative using the crane as a lookout.

I won't be doing mine with a small rock ledge but what i will be useing is the rusty metal fence design.I'm waiting for more sections to come in before i finish and post mine so i can get an idea on what everyones idea of this is.

Yes, please continue with that fence design.

Alright, so walls, walls, and more walls Ice Cream. Fresh from the Cow! What shall we do about 'em? I'll post some stuff tomorrow to give an idea of what we wanna see.

But think about it, what does the wall really need?

- To be higher than a minifig (duh)

- To be the length of your module (duh)

- To roughly link up with the next module's wall

- To be able to stop any and all future nuclear bombs No, it doesn't. Its after the apocalypse. Its made of whatever's lying around that people can spare: (in lego piece terms) Tiles, crates, doors, turned over vehicles/immovable objects, ruins of buildings

One of the main things which pushed me to propose this project (after the Castle one, of course) was that after the Apocalypse, everything looks like crap. Like I said in my first topic, asking if others wanted to join in:

As for organisation/standards, this would have many advantages, such as:

- The wall is makeshift (its hardly uniform)

And like I've said a zillion times, a wall standard wouldn't be the opposite of an advantage in our case. It would make evrything look too much alike, taking away so much.

I think i'll PM a MOD to remove all of United Bricks posts. Really clogging up the place.

Once again, thank you, and goodnight.

I know I'm late with this, but I would like to join! A small patch would be enough for me. Are there any rules about the pieces you use for the wall, the colour of the baseplate or the hight of the build? I was planning to build a piece off the wall and a construction used to collect the rain water to use as drinking water. Is that ok?

As others have said, it doesn't exactly look like a wall, more of a cliffside. What sort of approach were you going for?

I wanted it to be a sort of ruined sandstone building, but I can do it again I suppose. I'll do it on LDD. :wink:

You know, you really ought to be running this. :tongue: But, I only disliked the "hillside" aspect of Black Rabbit's module. Everything else was great. And he hit the nail right on the head with the fence. It was simple, used few pieces, and was very creative using the crane as a lookout.

My honest apologies, I have an awful way of doing that :blush: I really mean it when I say I'm not intentionally trying to do that, you've done a great job. I've worked on so very much post-apoc recently it took a great sales pitch to get me to do three entire parts! :laugh:

And black rabbit, I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. I was just referring to how we went with a wall and not rock style. I do love your creation, the mini-crane is a superb idea I'd never have thought of.

But think about it, what does the wall really need?

- To be higher than a minifig (duh)

- To be the length of your module (duh)

- To roughly link up with the next module's wall

Great stuff. Perhaps maybe not a wall height, but a minimum wall height that must be met, like, say, 10 bricks tall?

I know I'm late with this, but I would like to join! A small patch would be enough for me. Are there any rules about the pieces you use for the wall, the colour of the baseplate or the hight of the build? I was planning to build a piece off the wall and a construction used to collect the rain water to use as drinking water. Is that ok?

Not rules on the baseplate colour as I'm aware of it, or colours as it is. What we're aiming for is a more realistic depiction of a fortified post-apoc town, so the main colours will probably be browns, greys, blacks and tans. The water idea is awesome by the way, I love it.

I still haven't finished my first part yet, but suffice to say it is well on its way! It is a small shop that has been integrated into the wall, and is the main barracks for the wall defense on whatever side I'm on (forgotten :blush: ). I've done the first floor, and the second floor will be a lot more ravaged, with the third floor likely being just a few tiny platforms for snipers and watchers and such. My colour scheme is a mix of tan (which is the building's original colour), light grey and dark grey, with small amounts of black and brown for sections that have been built in since the apocalypse.

Hey, guys, I have a WIP that I would like to put in here, I was wondering if there was still a 32x32 spot left:

lddscreenshot159.png

It's a 3 story brick building, most of the floors have been blown apart, but the facade is still standing. I'll probably put some machine guns and makeshift floors in there as well. Then i'll add some spears and such. You may not hear from me until this weekend, I am going to be away.

Edited by Admiral M

Nice work Admiral M. I think that would be perfect for space 33. Anyway I had my area done but I accidently stood on it so a little problem. I will rebuild it soon but I have a bit of work to do and I will need to take apart anther moc for a few parts I thought I would add in.

I have decide to build a vehicle storage place on my 32*32 area. It will have some guys fixing one truck and a working truck used to collect supplies from the nearby woods. They found big containers full of petrol from the woods one day so they decided to take it and use it for their own uses. The vehicle will only go out if the people in the city all need materials as they try to use the petrol they have wisely.

Awesome building Admiral M, though I think it would be cool if a section at the top was torn down a bit. Are you going to order the pieces from LDD? I'm not sure what the current stance on computer creation are.

11111111111111111111111111111111111.png

Take a hammer or something and break down this section to make it look a little more post apoc and then add a few boards and a 50.cal to this once beautiful building.

Edited by Black Rabbit

Take a hammer or something and break down this section to make it look a little more post apoc and then add a few boards and a 50.cal to this once beautiful building.

Precisely! And here you have it:

lddscreenshot164.png

The whole folder on BS

And about CAD and LDD designs, I believe they are plans, and not actual models.

Edited by Admiral M

That's brilliant Admiral M! I really like the design, reminds me of my first post apoc scene.

Also your 3 modules in arow is beautifull, especially with the fence wall, it might be a lil to open tho?

I'm not sure I'll be able to finish my module since I'm moving in with my girlfriend :D I'll do my best tho! Luckely she likes Lego, she's even helping in my store lol :thumbup:

Edited by Perterz

Hey SkinnyBoy, is spot 33 still open? I think that it is a good place for my MOC.

That's brilliant Admiral M! I really like the design, reminds me of my first post apoc scene.

Thanks! It was partly modeled after yours (well, the destroyed parts, anyway).

Also your 3 modules in a row is beautiful, especially with the fence wall, it might be a lil to open tho?

I was thinking the same, the zombies might reach in and steal our corn :oh: ! I might add a wooden-and-steel palisade in front of it, but I like the basic design.

I'm not sure I'll be able to finish my module since I'm moving in with my girlfriend :D I'll do my best tho! Luckely she likes Lego, she's even helping in my store lol :thumbup:

Cool, good luck with that!

Edited by Admiral M

I will not be able to finish my spaces any time soon. High school is starting in just over two weeks, and I need to clean up my room and Lego before then, so I doubt I'll get much building in for a while. I will try and finish them eventually, but if the need arises, feel free to re-allocate them.

Hey Skinny Boy, I'm headed for the gold Coast, Queensland for a two week holiday this Saturday, so that'll be a slight delay for my project. I trust this is not a problem as we don't really have a time limit?

Rest assured my part is well on its way and I reckon I'll even be able to post my first part before I go.

Hey Skinny Boy, I'm headed for the gold Coast, Queensland for a two week holiday this Saturday, so that'll be a slight delay for my project. I trust this is not a problem as we don't really have a time limit?

Rest assured my part is well on its way and I reckon I'll even be able to post my first part before I go.

Excellent! We can't wait to see it!

Excellent! We can't wait to see it!

Thanks, I finished it yesterday and just have to make the figs. I'll try and post it tomorrow.

Hey guys, sorry but I don't think I'll be able to create something for the community build after all. Lets just say real life got in the way...

And I give you my first part of the East Wall:

p1010034.jpg

The East Wall is the weak spot of the town, consisting of the more broken down buildings. To compensate it has a larger staff and good weaponry:

p1010037.jpg

Top floor, with sounding trumpet, medical kit, ammunition, mounted gun, clock (for shifts), and dynamite:

p1010048.jpg

Second floor, with mounted gun, ammunition, a letter from a lost loved one and barrels of water:

p1010044.jpg

First floor, with landscape map, close quarters weapons, food and extra rifles:

p1010043.jpg

The building is somewhat modular.

And a diagonal view:

p1010035.jpg

A side view.

Well, what do you guys think? Haven't lost the knack have I? :grin:

Goin' on a holiday fer two weeks! :grin: